• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time-Keeper or Firelord

Which of the following classes should be added to the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys,

I'm currently thinking about starting on the project again. I've got some time again and been checking out the map again. I'm inspired again so who knows I might start on it again.

Most of the classes that aren't done yet are done already on paper. There's just one Defiler healing class missing. I'm having doubts about 2 different concepts. I have a personal favor, while it's a shame to not use the other one.
Which one would you think I should pick to add in the game?

Check the attachments!

Attachments

• Firelord.jpg
    Firelord.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 521
  • Time Keeper.jpg
    Time Keeper.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 359
Level 17
For me I feel the Firelord is too similar to the Sage and also bares much resemblance to the Bright Wizard of Warhammer Online (yeah, the mechanic is essentially the same, only you've given it a different race, etc.) For me, a chronomancy-type mage would help define the game a bit.

Level 19
The Firelord looks in no way like the Bright Wizard or Sage. The only thing that they share is that they use fire;-) The system is completely different. It's basically a caster that has to use as many periodic effects as he can to be able to use instant damage/heals as well.
The Time-Keeper will also focus on periodic effects because I feel there's need of such a hero. The only difference is that he has 2 types of periodic effects:
1) An effect that has unlimited duration and heals for X per second. Whenever a Time-Stop occurs the effect wears off.
2) An effect that doesn't do anything until a Time-Stop occurs. At that moment it will trigger and do something.
Like this the Time-Keeper can heal a tank. As long as the tank takes normal damage he can keep the periodic heals on him. Whenever he feels like the tank needs a big heal he can cause his hourglass to cause a time-stop; healing the tank for a big amount but removing all the periodic heals on him.

I personally love the Time-Keeper's system. But at the moment, all of the Defiler hero's are based on a system that doesn't involve much SFX which makes me a bit sad. The Firelord could have much fire spells that look nice. As for the Time-Keeper I still have to think about that.

And lol at Ampharos_222!!!
You should have no vote!!!!:p

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Time keeper is more interesting hero
But maybe more difficult to code. (Time stop against Bosses... errors...).
So if it effects a faster demo, then I vote for firelord

Level 19
Time stop against bosses wont be a problem, because in the rpg stuns and knockbacks will have a 30 seconds cooldown on any boss. If a boss gets it more then once in those 30seconds, it wont work the additional times. It's not that hard to code it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.