• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class Concept Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I decided to show people what I made so far in terms of shaping the classes. Since at this time I don't think Oakwood will ever be finished and I still have great stuff lying around.
I hope people like my idea's and some asked me to reveal them, so here it goes.
I'll be updating this post in the upcoming days to add more documents because I have alot of documents here. Around 60% of the class abilities have been coded already, so most of the things you read have already been implemented ingame.

It might sound weird, but I'm pretty proud of the idea's and class concepts so far. Every ability has been thought of with a picture on my head on how it should look like and affect gameplay. I hope people respect this because I don't post them to be criticised or anything. I just hope it might inspire others.

On a side-note. I might export all of the classes in a new project that will only be pvp-based. I'll export the pvp area from the Oakwood map in it so that atleast that part of the game can be played together with all the classes.
Until then, you can read about them in here.:)

Classes:
Bloodbane: Berserker, Worg Master, Enforcer, Summoner, Witch Doctor, Gunner, Shaman and Thief.
Gryphonwing: Rune Warrior, Stone Guard, Engineer, Redeemer, Ranger, Sage, Chanter and Templar.
Defiler: Zealot, Prophet, Sorcerer, Assassin, Sister of Blood, Plaguebringer, Swordmaster and Death Knight.

I could also add some old concepts from:
Warden, Survivalist, Archmage, Cultist, Huntress, Zephyr and Firelord.

Attachments

• Sister of Blood.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Berserker.doc
    33 KB · Views: 159
  • Goblin Gunner.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Chanter.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Summoner.doc
    28 KB · Views: 180
  • Plaguebearer.doc
    33 KB · Views: 179
  • Ranger.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Swordmaster.doc
    36 KB · Views: 394
  • Worgmaster.doc
    37 KB · Views: 158
  • Engineer.doc
    34 KB · Views: 173
  • Redeemer.doc
    32 KB · Views: 216
  • Rune Warrior.doc
    28 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Dear Sephalo,

im aware this is the wrong question. But under the condition, that Oakwood forest wont ever be finished - isnt it possible that you release the unfinished map? I have this great demo video in my mind and just woould like to play these parts.
(I know, its against our perfectionist moral and against the honor of a map maker, but from my egoistic view...)
Pls think about it, but sure i understand if you dont want to do that.

Level 19
Hey Gwy,
I might do something like that in the future.
Not really sure if I want to yet, because for some reason it doesn't feel right if people can open the map in the world editor. Some kind of a playable version could maybe work.

Level 17
This is very sad to read. Very sad indeed!

I do think that you could strive to make the PvP map. MOBAs are quite heavy nowadays with intense class mechanics, so perhaps you could do something like that. A three-way AoS or an arena - I can see many of these classes being useful in either styles of play.

Level 19
I might have some more time next week to update a few.
Any classes people really like to see next?
(It still costs me like 15min per class because I didn't update the word files with changes we made during the making of the class in WE)

Level 19
Thanks!

I'm interested on the Zephyr class, can you put that too?

Think I first want to upload the classes that were actually going to make it in the game.
The concepts I have for the other classes might be added later in a .zip or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.