• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Specific Class Buffs and Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
There are 24 classes in Oakwood Forest. Therefor making it hard to balance the types of buffs they have. That's a thing I've been thinking about lately.
I also don't like the idea of giving various classes buff abilities that have to be cast before combat on allies to improve their strengths.

Therefor I changed some abilities and made it so that only a few classes per faction have a buff ability. I also changed those abilities so that they require some interaction during combat, and they're most likely not going to be cast before combat starts. Per example a Sister of Blood (Defiler rogue type of class) can cast an area of effect lifestealing buff for a few seconds because she doesn't have any healing spells herself. A Shaman casts a regenerative field that also reduces armor of enemies in it. The only class that has passive aura's is the Chanter. But because of her system she will have to activate and deactivate them multiple times during combat.

Here are some more detailed examples:

Auras of the Light (Chanter)
pasauras.jpg

Cooldown: 1.00 second
Cast: instant
Range: 1200 Radius
Cost: 1 Symbol per aura until canceled
Description: Allows the Chanter to use various auras of the Light to empower herself and nearby allies. There are 11 auras and every aura has different effects while they all cost 1 Symbol. The Chanter can use as many auras as she wants as long as she has enough Symbols for it.

Example Auras:
Aura of Cunning: Gives nearby friendly units a chance to increase their Agility by lvl*2.5 for 8 seconds whenever attacking an enemy.
Aura of the Elder: Gives nearby friendly units a chance to regenerate 6% of their maximum energy over 4 seconds whenever casting a spell.
Aura of the Marksman: Gives nearby friendly units a 15% damage bonus to their ranged attacks.
Bloodworg Frenzy (Worg Master)
btnwolfhidecap.jpg

Cooldown: 45.00 seconds
Cast: Instant
Range: -
Cost: 30 energy (30 worg energy)
Description: Increases the Worg's Agility and attack speed by 25% and causes his damage done to heal him for 100% of the damage done for 12 seconds. Friendly units near the Worg will also gain a 15% increased attack speed buff as long as they're near the Worg.
Anvil of Forbearance (Stone Guard)
159792674b8c86e61ffa1d4ca73766ccf460206d.jpg

Cooldown: 45.00 seconds
Cast: Instant
Range: 300 Range
Cost: 45 energy
Description: Summons an Anvil of Forbearance at the targeted location for 30 seconds. Whenever allied players or the Stone Guard hit the Anvil they will activate the Anvil’s effect; increasing their Strength by 15% and Armor by Level * 1 for 12 seconds. Whenever the Anvil gets destroyed it deals Str*2.1 earth damage to nearby enemies.
Anvils can take 5 hits before they get destroyed

An other thing I came up with is to give every class a specific buff that will be passive for all allies around him. There are 8 of those aura's and every faction will have the same aura's if they team up with the 8 different classes from their faction.

Gryphonwing Buffs
Chanter: "Scent of the Pure" - +10% Energy Regeneration for nearby allies
Engineer: "Reloading" - +10% Attack Speed for nearby allies
Rune Warrior: "Runic Mastery" - +10% Health Regeneration for nearby allies
Ranger: "Natural Haste" - +10% Movement Speed for nearby allies
Redeemer: "Vindication" - -6% Damage for nearby enemies
Stone Guard: "Stoneskin" - +10% Armor for nearby allies
Sage: "Burning Desire" - +6% Damage for nearby allies
Templar: "Avatar Presence" - -10% Armor for nearby enemies
Bloodbane Buffs
Witch Doctor: "Blue Mojo" - +10% Energy Regeneration for nearby allies
Berserker: "Rage of the Berserker" - +10% Attack Speed for nearby allies
Shaman: "Spiritual Guidance" - +10% Health Regeneration for nearby allies
Thief: "Swiftness" - +10% Movement Speed for nearby allies
Summoner: "Mountain Skin" - -6% Damage for nearby enemies
Enforcer: "Trained Defenses" - +10% Armor for nearby allies
Worg Master: "Wolven Inspiration" - +6% Damage for nearby allies
Survivalist: "Exposed Armor" - -10% Armor for nearby enemies
Defiler Buffs
Sorceror: "Cold Discipline" - +10% Energy Regeneration for nearby allies
Swordmaster: "Bladeflurry" - +10% Attack Speed for nearby allies
Zealot: "Unholy Aura" - +10% Health Regeneration for nearby allies
Sister of Blood: "Sence of Blood" - +10% Movement Speed for nearby allies
Overlord: "Fearsome Presence" - -6% Damage for nearby enemies
Plaguebearer: "Dangerous Company" - +10% Armor for nearby allies
Assassin: "Dark Hatred" - +6% Damage for nearby allies
Prophet: "Weakness of the Past" - -10% Armor for nearby enemies
A third thing I've been thinking about is the way players come back to life. I think it's important to give specific classes the ability to resurrect other players when they have fallen. That's why I came up with the following:
Whenever a hero dies it will remain fallen for 20 seconds. During that time other friendly players are able to resurrect the fallen hero with a 5 seconds cast time ability. If a hero didn't get resurrected in time he will respawn at a nearby revive point.
The resurrection spells will have a 60 seconds cooldown and instantly trigger the cooldown on all nearby players if any player uses it; making it impossible to use more then one resurrection every 60 seconds in a bossfight.
Resurrected players will gain a specific amount of health and energy back but this value pends on the class that resurrected the player.

Last edited:
Level 19
Worked on the reviving of player hero's and neutral hero's.

Every hero has a 3.00 sec cast time Revive spell with a 60.00 sec cooldown. Every revive spell works on an allied hero (NPC, or player controlled). If a player controlled hero dies he will remain fallen on the ground for 10 seconds, or 30 if there is a player controlled ally nearby. After this duration he will revive at a nearby Resurrection Stone while during his 'fallen' time he will be able to be revived.
Computer controlled hero's will remain fallen for 7 minutes. During this time they can be revived by players in order to let them talk to them for quests per example. After the 7 minutes they will automatically be revived at their initial spawn location.

Every revive spell has an additional effect based on the hero's class. Here are some examples:

Ranger: Automatically casts Concealment on the target after reviving it; giving it invisibility for 6 seconds.
Sage: Increases the health and energy restored by the revive spell based on the amount of heath the Sage currently has.
Worgmaster: Causes the target to rally after being revived; increasing its physical attack speed by 300% for 6 seconds or until 3 attacks have been made.
Zealot: Heals the target for another 20% of its maximum health over 6 seconds after reviving the target. During this time the target is classified; undead.
Engineer: The electricity from the Engineer's jumper cables boost the target's movement speed by 40% for 6 seconds after the revive.

Level 28
Wow, this is the greatest and most complex revive system that I ever heard,(and more likely will see), I also love that computer heroes can also die but will revive, which sounds more better than other RPG games just like on skyrim, that when a specific computer died, you can't take his quests anymore. Damn I really love the projects content, those simple things that making the game sounds better. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.