• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A player's skill - based map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello hi again I'm neku99 and am making another map. I'm actually putting my ORPG on hold cause I'd really like to see this other map in action and of course making ORPG's are hard etc.

Now so I'm a dota player (Like most maybe) and I enjoy it. But sometimes I get pissed of cause most of the time about late game, it's all about levels. When you are gapped then your useless. They rape you like hell etc. Well that is my point of view.

Well so I was thinking of making a game, where winning will be based of the "Player's" skill. Heroes can only go to level 5 after that it's all about who's the most skillful in battle. Of course there will be skills and abilities but must be balanced.

Here's a bit about the mechanics:

-Players will pick Hero Classes and not specific heroes. Classes range from blademasters to mages.(Still thinking about classes)

-You will be given 15 seconds to pick a class other wise the game will randomize a class for you.

-Once all the players have picked a class, the game will randomize players whether the will be on the Defending Team or the Attacking team.

-The objectives of the defending team is to defend a valuable crystal(which is an item, but the defending team cannot pick it up) in a keep for 30 min (default can be change)

-The objective of the attacking team is to infiltrate the keep and steal the crystel. Which will they must bring to their airship to escape.

-The one that steals the crystal will be seen by the defending team.

that's a bout it for now.

Equipment System:

I have made a simple Equipment system where in, for example a weapon. When you pick up a weapon it will be a uneqquipped version. When you click it it will become the equiiped version, signifying it as equipped, giving all the bonuses. The equipped version cannot be dropped unless you click it again, changing it back to unequipped.

There will be three items that can be equipped:

Weapons
Armors
Misc

Misc items are then subdivided to:

Can be equipped
Used Automatically

Other Stuff

-Each class has 1 starting ability, either passive or active.
-Other skills can be obtained through armors and weapons.
-These skills can be used until the weapon or armor is removed. They can be mastered so that you wont have to equip the weapon or armor.(Sort of like final fantasy tactics)

- I'm currently working on the keep. I've already finished the waterfall, where you can pick your Hero Class.

-Made two classes, the Bladmaster and the Assassin.

Comments and suggestions are awfully welcome and other wise needed.

Level 17
Hello hi again I'm neku99 and am making another map. I'm actually putting my ORPG on hold cause I'd really like to see this other map in action and of course making ORPG's are hard etc.

Now so I'm a dota player (Like most maybe) and I enjoy it. But sometimes I get pissed of cause most of the time about late game, it's all about levels. When you are gapped then your useless. They rape you like hell etc. Well that is my point of view.

Well so I was thinking of making a game, where winning will be based of the "Player's" skill. Heroes can only go to level 5 after that it's all about who's the most skillful in battle. Of course there will be skills and abilities but must be balanced.

Well for a start in Dota and most hw if you have a better skill with the abillities and combos your gonna win no matter wt level. i was playing against a friend he was like 5 levels lower than me had worse items and killed me without even reaching half health.... so i doubt that wt you say is true and about the map your making its probs better than dota. But just so you know not that near end game level is the diffrence that is only when the people who play game have reached the point where you cant get any better.
So maybe if you made a continous random system or somin which made it ahve million of possibillities so people dont get bored near end.

Level 6
hmm a pretty neat idea. i would suggest the following, keeping in mind this is still early:

perhaps lower the time the offensive team needs to keep the crystal. this will be a very long map otherwise.

im guessing the defenders have to defend the crystal for x amount of time?

the idea of picking classes is very good, not completely original but effects gameplay positively.

ok, but im not seeing where "skill" comes into play. the map will still sufer from the same problems dota has which is leveling your hero and then purchasing the best items. yes, getting abilities from items is different but still has the same effect.

its harsh critisizm that probaly throws your whole idea out the winow but if you really want to base the game off "skill" then you must delve into the inner workings of wc3. you must change how players play your game. you have a good broad picture but now dig deeper. perhaps have a way for players to dodge spells, or you must aim all your active spells like dotas pudge hook or whatever. these mechanics stop players from simply auto attacking heroes and mashing buttons and instead forces the player to think and react to whats happening (hey, i just defined skill).

im actually working on a project now that takes these simple ideas into action and the result (so far) has been a competitive game where the best players win. the hero on the highest level can still lose to a level 1 hero played by a "skilled" player.

i hope i helped and got you thinking, hope all goes well.

Level 3
A good 'spell aim' game was Mages, Magic & Mayhem, I had a ton of fun playing that, you had to aim your spells to hit the enemy heroes who were constantly moving, as well as combine elements and stuff.

15 seconds doesn't seem like a lot of time... first time players who don't know what the hero is or what it does will be caught reading and thrown a random hero and be like wtf?

A changeable time does seem to be the best effect, people looking for a short game, or those with hours on end to waste (a possible long mode?) or maybe a CTF type thing where the endless was the defensive team could storm the airship of the offensive team (turn the tables so to speak) and take the ship's power crystal? Just throwing things out there.

Hey, you could even make it with x rounds with x duration? *shrugs*

Though it is a good start. Good Luck.

Off Topic: Btw GodsHand, love the avatar.

Level 19
-Each class has 1 starting ability, either passive or active.
What.. passive ability as a starting?

-Other skills can be obtained through armors and weapons.
There you go with the imbalances again.. what if I'm constantly killed, unable to afford an weapon and I can't obtain a new skill?

-You will be given 15 seconds to pick a class other wise the game will randomize a class for you.
There must be no time limit on that - it can screw up the entire team.

-Once all the players have picked a class, the game will randomize players whether the will be on the Defending Team or the Attacking team.
Hm.. doesn't seems right (imo) .. there must be a modes for these things.. definitely ..

Level 3
There you go with the imbalances again.. what if I'm constantly killed, unable to afford an weapon and I can't obtain a new skill?

That's a very good point... There has to be a penalty for dying, usually it involves gold lost or a longer respawn time. Penalties for deaths give people more incentive to not die, instead of bum rush and run into ambushes countless times for 20 minutes.

Also a question I just thought of; How will these skills be kept? If in a spell book that would allow several skills, or will there be spell books inside of spell books, each page for a different "job's" skills (if you want to get into FF:TA terminology). Would they just be on the commands page for characters, cluttering up and causing possible command overlaps? (Example: Sphere and Stop)

Level 10
hmm a pretty neat idea. i would suggest the following, keeping in mind this is still early:

perhaps lower the time the offensive team needs to keep the crystal. this will be a very long map otherwise.

im guessing the defenders have to defend the crystal for x amount of time?

the idea of picking classes is very good, not completely original but effects gameplay positively.

ok, but im not seeing where "skill" comes into play. the map will still sufer from the same problems dota has which is leveling your hero and then purchasing the best items. yes, getting abilities from items is different but still has the same effect.

its harsh critisizm that probaly throws your whole idea out the winow but if you really want to base the game off "skill" then you must delve into the inner workings of wc3. you must change how players play your game. you have a good broad picture but now dig deeper. perhaps have a way for players to dodge spells, or you must aim all your active spells like dotas pudge hook or whatever. these mechanics stop players from simply auto attacking heroes and mashing buttons and instead forces the player to think and react to whats happening (hey, i just defined skill).

im actually working on a project now that takes these simple ideas into action and the result (so far) has been a competitive game where the best players win. the hero on the highest level can still lose to a level 1 hero played by a "skilled" player.

i hope i helped and got you thinking, hope all goes well.

Well I was thinking about removing the attack command and make an ability based of channel for attack. I have made a system like this (for my ORPG) but I had trouble with the computer enemies, cause I wanted them to do the same thing. Removing the attack command and have a custom attack. It would be hard to do the AI and basically I haven't have the slightest Idea doing an AI.

But I'll try to be open to that Idea because it would dramatically make the game-play what I intended it to be.

As for the skills, yes, apparently I'll be making all spells (except for passives of course) aim-able. The heroes need to concentrate on where an enemy is moving to hit it.

Thanks for your criticism. Actually a little while when I submitted this post, I realized that some of my Ideas where contradicting each other but anyway it's still in development stage.

A good 'spell aim' game was Mages, Magic & Mayhem, I had a ton of fun playing that, you had to aim your spells to hit the enemy heroes who were constantly moving, as well as combine elements and stuff.

15 seconds doesn't seem like a lot of time... first time players who don't know what the hero is or what it does will be caught reading and thrown a random hero and be like wtf?

A changeable time does seem to be the best effect, people looking for a short game, or those with hours on end to waste (a possible long mode?) or maybe a CTF type thing where the endless was the defensive team could storm the airship of the offensive team (turn the tables so to speak) and take the ship's power crystal? Just throwing things out there.

Hey, you could even make it with x rounds with x duration? *shrugs*

Though it is a good start. Good Luck.

Off Topic: Btw GodsHand, love the avatar.

I like yer ideas and I'll definitely put some of does modes. And maybe when the attackers get the crystal the air ship will automatically go to a certain location to win. Then the defenders need to chase the airship down to stop it from getting there. Wow XD

What.. passive ability as a starting?

There must be no time limit on that - it can screw up the entire team.

Hm.. doesn't seems right (imo) .. there must be a modes for these things.. definitely ..

Wow I see your points there I'll fix that then. But what's wrong with passive starting skills ._.

That's a very good point... There has to be a penalty for dying, usually it involves gold lost or a longer respawn time. Penalties for deaths give people more incentive to not die, instead of bum rush and run into ambushes countless times for 20 minutes.

Also a question I just thought of; How will these skills be kept? If in a spell book that would allow several skills, or will there be spell books inside of spell books, each page for a different "job's" skills (if you want to get into FF:TA terminology). Would they just be on the commands page for characters, cluttering up and causing possible command overlaps? (Example: Sphere and Stop)

Well I was thinking of making a system that you wont die but be put on a ghostly state. We'll call it . . . Ghost state. In this state, you can freely move but with reduced movement speed (I mean really slow. . . I guess). Your allies can revive you. (maybe via an item or a skill) You will be in this state for X amount of seconds. If this time passes without anyone reviving you, you will be moved instantly to your base waiting again X amount of seconds before you respawn.

As for the abilities, yes I'm actually going to put them on spellbooks. But I'm thinking of making a system like this:

Command Card

[Move][Stop][Hold][Attack]
[Patrol][AA ][P ][O ]
[A ][A ][A ][A ]

AA is the spell book where your active abilities are. P is where your passive abilities are. And O is where the Set Abilties spellbook.

Now the idea is a spellbook within the option button has all the action abilities and when you click the desired ability, it will be sent to the A part of the command card. You can have a max of 4 spells outside the AA spellbook.

EXAMPLE:

I'm a blademaster and I bought a katana. I equip it. Upon equipping the katana, a new skill has been added called slash. I will illustrate the things happening in the two spell books O and AA

AA - now has Slash(Actual Spell)
O - now has Slash(Set Ability)

Now I go to the options and find the Set Abilities spellbook where the Slash(Set Ability) is. I click it. And go back to the command card. Poof! Slash is now in the command button. See Below

Command Card

[Move][Stop][Hold][Attack] -Slash is now outside the command card
[Patrol][AA ][P ][O ]
[Slash ][A ][A ][A ]

Thanks for your cnc

Spellbooks make it alot more complicated than ever. Considering there is a class-limitation for the heroes, 4 skills + 1 default + 1 special is enough to make a single class special.

Adding spellbook's will annoy people to the maximum and most of them will be complaining about it.

see above

Level 12
I had a similar idea, except it was much more DBZ afied....

A couple skills I've noticed
-Timing
--Dance dance revolution
--You know where the enemy army is going, you just have to time the spell well to catch them properly

-Reaction
--Something like a .1 second silence can also be used as a sort of "counter spell" against spells that need a casting time or a channel ability (I highly suggest most spells use channel/casting time inorder to make reaction based silences more appealing)
--SOmething like a .5 second divine sheild would also be a good idea for self protection too

-Rapid Fire
--Instead of Having a big flame strike, have a 0 cooldown spell that deals damage
--slow projectiles but 0 cooldown is one idea,

Aiming correctly
-Target a single unit as fast as you can. Then try to target a large area as fast as you can. THere is a difference
-By Making Different units also have different collision sizes, you can make it harder to hit certian units vs others.
--Using a small unit should mean the unit has less starting stats, but naturally will be harder to hit and is a better idea long run as it will eventually equal out.
--Using a big unit should mean the unit uses more stats, but naturally will be much easier to hit and is better for noobs that need that extra bully power early game to feel safe.

Micro Managing is also a skill that is rare with a lot of people
-Basically the idea is, instead of using only 1 hero to do everything, you have summons that also have spells and have things you need to pay attention to
--If you do this right, you can make sure a player who can micro manage effectively will outdo a player who cannot

Scare Tactics
-Illusions can do a lot to make a player think twice about going down a specific path
-Basically Make people cry for help on a specific path, for whatever reason, or however you want
-Also Something like in X-Hero Seige, there is wave that comes from a specific direction
--Likewise in an AoS, there can random surges of troops and the heroes can take advantage of that to confuse enemies or move to a different area.

Distractions
-Make the person believe they have trouble closer to home than they actually do. They will run to their base thinking they are a hero only to realize they left their towers wide open
-Give them creep camping that seems super effective when at the end of the day, good skills will beat money and level ups in the game
-Create Red Herrings, Time wasters, things that seem so desirable
--A Million Gold Item that literally does nothing and it cannot be dropped
--This way you can give people delusions of grandeur only to have them find out that the game is a lot more simple than it would seem.... skillz

Ambush
-I love ambush's, but there isn't a lot of room for them in dota
-Not sure how it would work out though

Army Stuff
I'd also like to point out something along the lines of basic tactics and how instead of sitting back trying to camp on the opponents army is the point of the game, making armies actually interesting and worthwhile
-All too often it seems as though armies are more just for level up and monie's sake than an actual win condition.
-Making tanks actually able to survive for a lengthy period of time fighting on the front lines
-I can't think up anything else right now
-But Yeah, Making Armies a little more dynamic than just for fodder
--Possibly having a Mercenary Camp in the middle

Mistake Grace/Easy Cast Red Herring
-Basically Behind this idea, is a certian hero has the ability to recognize when they made a mistake and fix it quickly. Something Like Blink is an example of this.
--But If you have something like this in a slot, what could have been a quick damage spell is instead safety for their nooby ways.
-I think its important to make sure people are able to have this sort of recognition

Agility should have 0 armor effects

Some Games that you should check out
-Archer Wars
-Micro Arena
-I can't think of anything else.... But pretty much anything that isn't Hero Level Based....

Level 19
Actually, in DotA levels don't matter much, the feed does... I can somtimes kill any of them even though i'm like 4 levels lower... In DotA it's all about getting feeded and right items...

Haha, okay, I will be Viper level 12 and you are Sven level 8, what you gonna do? Let me tell you - die in a few seconds. Even without items.

Level 4
Haha, okay, I will be Viper level 12 and you are Sven level 8, what you gonna do? Let me tell you - die in a few seconds. Even without items.

That happened to me once... true story.

I was Sven and there was Viper (4 level difference, scary isn't it?), I was like "Rawr come here Viper Ima eat you!!!". He turned around and owned me on a new level of extreme.

Level 3
^^ Back on topic, the ghost state, does the timer increase as you die or is it just like 45 seconds ghost, 45 seconds rez queue making you wait a minute and a half to res if you tried to be rambo?

Level 10
^^ Back on topic, the ghost state, does the timer increase as you die or is it just like 45 seconds ghost, 45 seconds rez queue making you wait a minute and a half to res if you tried to be rambo?

I was thinking 20 seconds ghost and after that you need to wait for X amount of time depending on your level. And since I was thinking the game to have 10 hero levels (weird eh?) I think of every level + 5 seconds starting from 10 seconds for level 1.

what do you think?

EDIT: Also I was thinking that when in spirit mode, the spirits will have an aura, I'll call it Brotherhood(still thinking up of other stuff) that raises the stats of allies. So that being a spirit will actually help sometimes.

Level 3
Maybe 'Eternal Bond: Even in death the hero's spirit is linked to his brethren, aiding them in combat from beyond the grave.'

Level 3

D: Just realized that part, man I'm slow.
I'm an rpg lover!!

Equipment System:

I have made a simple Equipment system where in, for example a weapon. When you pick up a weapon it will be a uneqquipped version. When you click it it will become the equiiped version, signifying it as equipped, giving all the bonuses. The equipped version cannot be dropped unless you click it again, changing it back to unequipped.

Would you have a 'secondary' inventory to show what's equiped or...?

There will be three items that can be equipped:

Weapons
Armors
Misc

Misc items are then subdivided to:

Can be equipped
Used Automatically

Can you specify 'used automatically'? Does that mean like a power up or something?

Level 12
No offesnse but how does equipment involve skill?

I think thats cute and all, and makes it feel like a game of its own but............

An FPS involves skill
A 2d Fighter involves Skill
Dance Dance Revolution involves skill
An Real Time Strategy Game involves Skill....

What does this offer thats not any different from any other game besides equipment
And how does that involve skill?

You got me all excited and now I'm slowly being dissappointed

Level 10
wow you've got a point there . . . . . . .

well I'm practically clueless cause I was making this an semi - ORPG. Maybe this equipment system won't be very good with the "player's skill" concept. Still it can be change or improved. That's the reason I made this Idea thread to get your opinions.

Anyway like I said I'm clueless in how the equipment can go with the concept.

EDIT:

@Arlac: This means that for example you have a bracelet. Then you have to equip it. That is equipable.
Then you have a rock. You can throw it at an enemy. You can use it without equipping it. That the Used automatically

Level 12
Just to keep this alive, because I do think its a worthwhile topic.

reaction time is a skill (blink)
-People can see projectile attacks like rain of fire before they happen
--Right before it comes down, they can blink or do a 1 second divine sheild

rapidly pressing a button is a skill (mana regen)
-Having a "mana regen" skill that restores 1 mana per click would make a huge difference for people that are good at it and those whom arent

timing is a skill
-similar to the beggining of mariokart...
-if you created an attack spell with a countdown, you can have damage based on how "on time" the execution was

flow of combat is a skill
-being able to work in a rock paper scissors/having people understand what is appropiate when

This is all based off summons
-Multiple Bears - tank
-Feral Spirit - strong units
-Channel summon - exsists as long as you keep channeling. Basically a very strong summon
-Fire Elemental - intense dps, if they survive long enoughthough if hit like once, dies
-clockwork Goblins - surround and sui
-pheonix - safe dps with a weakside (making pheonix weaker than normal is prolly a good idea)
-trees-very strong and effective but trees arent always available

Level 10
Cool you just gave me alot of Ideas.

How bout the channeling would be like. You have to hit a sequence of arrow keys (Shown to the player) For the summon to remain until the duration the player need to do the sequence shown until the channel ends.

And I'm also currently making a combo system. Basically I replace the attack and make a custom attack. Based it on the berserk ability. (Perfect for doing cutom animations through triggers. The idea is first attack, then second attack, then a combo finish. The layout would be:

Command Card
[M][H][A]
[ /][ /][ /]
[A1][A2][A3][A4]

Basically A#'s on the bottom are individual abilities of the hero. (e.g. Healing Light, Fire Blast etc.)

Now Each has their own combo finish. For example Healing Light's Combo finish is Blinding Light.

Execution:

1. I use attack which deals damage in front [Dmg Low]
2. I use attack again which deals damage in front [Dmg Moderate]
3. I use the Healing Light Ability. Once that happens a sequence of arrow key's will be shown which I must do in succession. Once I do it correctly the Combo Finish Blinding Light will activate and do it's effects and damage.

Now what if the Ability is a target ability? Well the idea is you must cast it instantly after the second attack, Once you have acquired a target then the proper combo finish actions will tun (e.g. Show a sequence of arrow keys that a player must input successfully)

Some notes:

1. Heroes will have different number of combos. It might be a three hit combo, a 2 hit combo, etc.

2.Abilities will differ on how many attacks until you execute a finish. For example Blinding Light requires two attacks then Healing Light. Fire Blast requires one attack then the finish.

Level 12
Combo system sounds cute
but again it sounds like a gimmick since every will be able to do combos
and if you make it so people can't do the combo's you might be making the game to hard for people to want to play

I agree during channeling abilities, it should be like a simon Says sort of thing where you have a limited amount of time before you must input the next command or else you lose.

Another Game to play that is very skill based is uther party

It may sound like its just a party game, but within that game is actual skills.
Not Getting to level 1000.
Not finding the item of 100% evasion.
Not picking cheap heroes o' cheapness

All of it is about whether you are actually skilled or if your not

Level 10
well I'm actually having problems with the combo system XD bummer anyway I'll try to fix it.

Ok uther party, I've heard alot about it but I havent played it yet. Do you have a link to where I could DL it.

Well Another Idea sprang in my mind. . . Actually i was thinking about this a few months ago. Basically I have a Hero and i need to pick 4 abilities from a list.

Basically the only way to attack an opponent is to use these skills. Skills have cooldowns depending on how powerful they are. The idea is to work with the abilities you picked and fight.

Abilities require timing as they are either instant (thunder clap) or target point (carrion swarm etc.)

I was inspired by the DS game, The world ends with you.

In my opinion I really enjoy removing the default attack of Warcraft.

Wow making map ideas are harder than I thought.

Level 12
Well, making interesting map ideas are hard
But worth it!
Thats something I pride myself in,
before my forum shutdown I did a lot of game science things
it's easy once you figure out the difference between skill and aesthetic

In any case removing the standard attack is an iffy process
Putting players in an unfamiliar environment may cause the map to not generate the popularity it could. Though it may still be fun, it may not catch on due to impatience of players (as has happened to many good maps)

At the same time people may like it more that way

I'd say make certian spells "attack replacements"
-By creating the very small carrion that hits right in front of them, you can simulate an attack. However, doing this as a spell extra rather than the attack standard should be done in order to make sure people still feel like they're playing warcraft. however they will obviously use the spell more often than their attack since it does more damage

throughout DotA its player's skill + whether the hero is good at early/mid/late game + luck...

anyway your idea looks good... hope you finish this fellow countryfolk... ^^ if you have questions or need help, you can VM or PM me...

and yeah, making an idea is a really hard work... ^^

but maybe you can still add a custom(skill) attack rather than removing the attack completely... :goblin_good_job:

Level 5
Expanding on the idea of timing: Maybe make spell deflect shields that if cast within a certain period of time between cast of the shield and collision of the spell either negates the spell or completely reflects it.
Therefore: shield early, reduced damage; close but still early, more reduced damage; perfect, reflect; late, self-explanatory.

Another idea that challenges the "skill shot" thought: If every spell is a line aoe, it gets pretty redundant after a while. Some spells need to be different, for instance seeking fireballs that follow the target but can be prematurely detonated by collision with another unit or projectile. Other spells could be similar to landmines( and expoding mushrooms which we all hate to love) and detonate on a timer, giving possibilities to set up combos such as forcing the target into your bomb or as an initiating ability for ambushes.

You don't mind me claiming that seeker fireball idea do you? I know I already suggested it, making it public domain, but I should use that myself xD

Level 10
throughout DotA its player's skill + whether the hero is good at early/mid/late game + luck...

anyway your idea looks good... hope you finish this fellow countryfolk... ^^ if you have questions or need help, you can VM or PM me...

and yeah, making an idea is a really hard work... ^^

but maybe you can still add a custom(skill) attack rather than removing the attack completely... :goblin_good_job:

wew well it's been a past idea, I've been constantly battling school + this and eventually school always wins. But I just got new inspiration back! That's why I'm making my combo system.

Thanks for looking at this!

Well with the custom attack I've decided to just remove the attack entirely, cause it just looks better in my opinion ahaha

Expanding on the idea of timing: Maybe make spell deflect shields that if cast within a certain period of time between cast of the shield and collision of the spell either negates the spell or completely reflects it.
Therefore: shield early, reduced damage; close but still early, more reduced damage; perfect, reflect; late, self-explanatory.

Another idea that challenges the "skill shot" thought: If every spell is a line aoe, it gets pretty redundant after a while. Some spells need to be different, for instance seeking fireballs that follow the target but can be prematurely detonated by collision with another unit or projectile. Other spells could be similar to landmines( and expoding mushrooms which we all hate to love) and detonate on a timer, giving possibilities to set up combos such as forcing the target into your bomb or as an initiating ability for ambushes.

You don't mind me claiming that seeker fireball idea do you? I know I already suggested it, making it public domain, but I should use that myself xD
]

Exactly what I was thinking! I was actually going to base this to the kingdom hearts (the one on the DS) battle system cause I really liked it. With all those blocks, combos and the homing fireballs, (a.k.a fire). I was even thinking making a jump and when you attack in mid air you do air combos and .... yeah that would be too complicated but anyway the idea is there.

yeah sure seeker fireball is your's to own since you did post the idea ehehe

Well this thread has been gone for a while and now it's a little up again. Just expect a lot of ups and downs I guess XD and give more Ideas!

Level 3
Back from the dead with some what of a necro-post, lol.

I was thinking on the timing ability, maybe stealing the damage from the enemy spell and channeling it to become stronger, but have like a back-lash effect if you try to channel it for too long or get interupted or something (adding onto urban's idea here).

Level 3
Going back to the combo system, instead of based on attacks, maybe based on activated abilities (I saw this somewhere... I don't remember where) where each ability gives you a counter and after a certain combination of abilities you are able to unlock the next 'tier' of specials to use and then have to repeat combos all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.