• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Funny" awards

What do you think about these "Funny" awards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I'm sure most of you people noticed some people (Like Pyritie) having pointless awards like "pie" and "cinamon rolls". I'm concerned about that as it seems to be another of those excentric Pyritie jokes and it ruins Award as something immportant thing, making them just a laugh instead of a serious thing you can be proud of.

EDIT: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/awards.php?award_cat_id=34 there they are, look down a bit. Thank you mare for reminding me to give a link.

Last edited:
Level 23
Malcous! You're spoiling the mood!

I agree. Thosw pointless awards that are given only to the close friends of the moderators and people who have been here for a long time. This is offencive to new users.

Plus if it was on 1st April I would understand it, but not now. I think we have Honorary Member award for this

Level 27
The moderators are not 40-year-old people. They have some childish behaviour as all of us do. If you have problems with their behaviour, then don't shroud your opinion with the 'problem' of the award icons, but be straight.

Sorry, its just that both of these things have connections and, well, people should be responsible with their modderator powers and not abuse them.

The moderators are not 40-year-old people.

That argument is totally senseless and lacking a real comparison here.

Moderators define a pattern how a user should act properly. That's why some people are qualified and others not.
Awards like this are a kick in everyone's face who ever supported the idea of tournament prices or the idea of rewarding extraordinary attainments.

Sorry, its just that both of these things have connections and, well, people should be responsible with their modderator powers and not abuse them.

Still, you are referring to external events. Events that have nothing to do with the awards. I seriously doubt someone that creates three icons and attach them on users is abusing the moderating powers of theirs. In case you want to accuse with events that actually channeled abusive power, this is totally unrelated to what this thread was started for.

Moderators define a pattern how a user should act properly. That's why some people are qualified and others not.

Rules organise a site, they do not force it to lose fun.

A moderator's role is to bear some values, which, most of the rest members are afraid to show in such a potential manner. Along with his strict behaviour, he has to be the one that brings "peace", he has to be fun, to be agreeable by everyone. I'm sorry I don't want to have Hitlers hosting a site. Still though, this becomes generic and I actually support something I shouldn't (since I am a member myself), but I actually don't realize how these little icons can cause such an expression of "abusive power" presumptions.

Level 13
A moderator's role is to bear some values, which, most of the rest members are afraid to show in such a potential manner. Along with his strict behaviour, he has to be the one that brings "peace", he has to be fun, to be agreeable by everyone. I'm sorry I don't want to have Hitlers hosting a site.

I agree :)

Level 27
I didn't see anything changed since the implementation of the awards. Don't you exaggerate?

If person brakes the law once, its possible he'll brake it again. And then again and again... don't you understand that such small nonsence like this later turn into bigger problem. And its better Hiveworkshop ruled by "Hitlers" that Hiveworkshop ruled by anarchists.

@tleno, I don't actually see your problem on that. Those icons are given to people that most likely have some a-type relation with most of the moderating team. They were not spread around to random users. I don't really know how far you got this into your head, so, I'd rather ask you for that possible scenario of full power abuse you've implied:
tleno said:
And then again and again...

Everybody just needs to stop whining about every single little thing. Sure the awards are pointless, but is an icon of a banana or Cinnamon roll under your name really distinguish you from anyone else? It doesn't spoil the concept of an award icon because it truly mean anything, you did nothing to earn yourself a Pie icon. It was probably just a short term joke in the first place, you don't need to grab your torches and pitchforks every time someone does something dumb here.

Level 20
lol Hitler reference on the second page.

omg da power abuse heer.

This idea is seriously lame though, regardless of whether or not it can be considered power abuse at all (Honestly? Is this worth even giving it such a title?). Ultimately annoying and useless, and it's not even witty: that could've at least been a redeeming factor. Please remove it.

The moderators are not 40-year-old people. They have some childish behaviour as all of us do. If you have problems with their behaviour, then don't shroud your opinion with the 'problem' of the award icons, but be straight.

Oh and I'd just like to point out that Wolverabid, the best moderator/administrator we've ever had, was over 40 years old AND still knew how to have fun.

Level 16
Could we analyze this situation reflectively for a moment?

You're complaining about "Pie", "Banana", and "Cinnamon Rolls" awards. In a serious manner. To paraphrase what has been said on this thread: 'Random awards will cause a rift in the space time continuum, causing the Hive to implode'.

Now. Let's considered something. If you'd like to argue that the awards are taking away value of "real" awards, let me remind you, A.) It's temporary, B.) At worse, it's for fun.

God forbid the moderators ever inspire users to have fun in their community. Why would we ever want that? Take in consideration shows that take news and turn it into satire, (Ignoring Fox news whom do that unintentionally), like the Daily Show. The purpose of doing so is purely for comedic value, and does not take away the 'value' of the real news.

tl;dr: Taking something as small as temporary awards seriously... I mean, really?

~Snap

Level 19
Could we analyze this situation reflectively for a moment?

You're complaining about "Pie", "Banana", and "Cinnamon Rolls" awards. In a serious manner. To paraphrase what has been said on this thread: 'Random awards will cause a rift in the space time continuum, causing the Hive to implode'.

Now. Let's considered something. If you'd like to argue that the awards are taking away value of "real" awards, let me remind you, A.) It's temporary, B.) At worse, it's for fun.

God forbid the moderators ever inspire users to have fun in their community. Why would we ever want that? Take in consideration shows that take news and turn it into satire, (Ignoring Fox news whom do that unintentionally), like the Daily Show. The purpose of doing so is purely for comedic value, and does not take away the 'value' of the real news.

tl;dr: Taking something as small as temporary awards seriously... I mean, really?

~Snap

its a mockery for those of us who actually tried and won an award.

btw get this shit off me...

Level 16
its a mockery for those of us who actually tried and won an award.

Yes, completely ignore everything I said. Because I totally didn't see the 30 other comments that said that. Oh... Wait..

oh_snap said:
If you'd like to argue that the awards are taking away value of "real" awards, let me remind you, A.) It's temporary, B.) At worse, it's for fun.

And Hawkzor said it the best:
[23-24-34]
hawk900: And thirdly, bitches are just jealous of my cinnamon.

~Snap

Status
Not open for further replies.