• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #8 - Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
2akhic6.png

Steampunk
Steampunk is the intersection of technology and romance. It's a genre of fiction, an aesthetic, a musical style, and a burgeoning sub-culture which delights in making things that are a blend of the modern and anachronistic.

In order to win this contest you must put your creativity to the max and develop the ultimate steampunk terrain.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • Imported resources are allowed as long as they come from:

- The UTM
    - The contest sanctioned model list
    - www.hiveworkshop.com
    - www.wc3c.net

If some one runs into a really kickass steampunk resource from another website, or makes one himself, the judges will have to approve the resource.
    If the judges have approved the resource, a download link will be added to the first post so everyone will be able and allowed to use it.
  • One WiP is required.
  • Your final entry, along with any WiPs you have posted must be attached to one post.
  • The standard Terrain Contest rules also apply.
  • Your terrain must follow the theme.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 35 reputation points and a specialicious award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    - (Belgarath)
    - (raid1000)
    -
  • Judging Criteria:

Creativity
    The creativity displayed in your terrain./15 pts.

Detail
    The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc. /15 pts.

Technique
    How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them?/15 pts.

Theme
    How well is the theme used in your terrain?/15 pts.

In total your terrain can get 180 points. 60 points from each judge.
  • 100 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judges
  • 0 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, containing your WiP(s) and final submission.

You do not have to register

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on September 19 and conclude on [rainbow]17 October
    23:59 [/rainbow] (GMT)

Banner immage made by Trilogy.
Thread originally made by Arcany.

Level 19
mah goblin factory terrain would have been the perfect thing for this contest
if you want the cog models i used in mah terrain ask Pyramidhe@d
he made them

so no import model limit at all? great ;)

Imported resources are allowed as long as they come from:

- The UTM
- The contest sanctioned model list
- www.hiveworkshop.com
- www.wc3c.net

I'm not showing my WIP until someone else posts his :)))))

Btw Keiji, there are suppose to be three judges and your really good at commenting terrain ;)

Level 6
i've some problem:
1. i'm new
2. i'm poor
3. my computer cannot use high res
4. doesn't know manipulating lightning
5. i don't really know what is steampunk

by the way, here my WIP:bored:, using UTM and project ODIN model (anarchianbedlam)

Attachments

• dig-it.JPG
    dig-it.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 249
It seems as though some people started their terrain BEFORE the contest started *cough* Oziris *cough*. I'm just saying: it's against the contest rules.

It seems ''Arcany'' made the contest a month ago. I started working when the contest started back then. So.... no. I didn't break the rules. I tough the dead line would be the same. But it seems Keiji made it a month longer.

Level 36
A contest doesnt officially start before a moderator either approves the contest or it is hosted BY the moderator. Thus; yes it is against the rules. Still, as it isnt too much of a problem, at least not in my eyes; I will turn a blind eye to it. However, if the majority of the people is against the somewhat rule-break then I cannot approve of it, I'm sorry..

Level 7
I don't really see the problem. Oziris started his terrain while it was in submisson, not before it got even posted; and besides, everyone could make a terrain while the contest is still in submisson and then post it after the contest is hosted without anyone even knowing this.

Publicly comitting this might not have been the smartest move, but as he made his terrain for this contest I don't see why not allow it.

i got banned from the SEcond contest, cause i was being an asshole like kanye west.

I'm really happy for you and I'll let you finish, but childeric made one of the best terrains of all time?

Most people work on terrains in short, hard bursts, so one or two days is pretty much done, depending on how long the bursts were.

Level 11
i've some problem:
1. i'm new
2. i'm poor
3. my computer cannot use high res
4. doesn't know manipulating lightning
5. i don't really know what is steampunk

by the way, here my WIP:bored:, using UTM and project ODIN model (anarchianbedlam)
IMO, steampunk is a combination of huge and small fcking machines and devices to make a cooler one. Go GOOGLE or WIKIPEDIA the word 'steampunk'

Level 13
Steampunk is just machine shit at the most i kinda hope for this contest that some1 makes a gear model or links one that would make this contest so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.