• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Level 15
Hanky, thanks that really helped.

Jonnny too bad you didnt have time to finnish it. It looks really great so far. Heh I know you didnt have time to finnish it, but if you are, here are some points to think of.
*It targets your own units.
*It targets dead units
*The attack animation only works first time. After that it instantly gets the target unit and plays the 'drag animation'.

lulz , thats my To-Do-List :p
also i need a duration for the spell + removing the effect + Death Animation

I was interrupted by this map issue while working on the Levels for the spell and adding a condition which units should get dragged
Then , while trying to fix this problem my Keyboard said "lol , fuck you" and died... cuz i was on a lan party i had no other keyboard...
looks like everything was against finishing this map...

Anyway... my keyboard works again (i wonder why:slp:) and im going to finish my Spell in the next days to upload it in the Recourse section

Level 23
Oh~ What the, if that day counts.. I could have taken away much more BJs from the spell I made.. and now I can't.. abit unfair huh!?

I totally agree with you. But hm... If its only BJs removal I am sure Poot will be understanding.

Haha that wouldn't be the entry I woulda used cause it has a ton of leaks. >_>
Ah but whatever I didn't even make it MUI so who cares. =P

But it was the final entry of your spell >.>

Since so many people misunderstood the deadline, I'll let it slip. Contest closed as of now.

Anyhow, I won't be able to do the marking for at least a week.

Np, Ill be around waiting.
/me walks all over the place impatiently.

And -JonNny, feel free to vm me when you get your spell done. I want to see the result.

Level 12
Holy Christ there are alot of spells uploaded

I noticed alot of them had to do with 'trapping'. I feel like Poot will get so tired of seeing spells that trap, he'll score the later ones less ><

I wish I thought of something better. I was actually going to go more detailed with my spell, there was going to be a wisp explosion, 6 wisps fly out and explode, and maybe or maybe not have treants spawned, as well as remove/destroy the trees. (The trees would destroy, one after another in a cool domino effect, then they'd all removed after a few seconds)

I didn't want to use any extra systems for this spell, so I had a problem with the destroying/removing (needed another timer system). But now I remember I could've just used TriggerSleepAction() :angry:

Gah, I will plan the spell for the next contest much better, so as to get all of it done.

And on a sidenote, too many nature spells have to do with 'entangling' 'trapping' 'roots' 'obstruction' etc.

Level 23
And on a sidenote, too many nature spells have to do with 'entangling' 'trapping' 'roots' 'obstruction' etc.

I think my spell slipped away on that point? Sure, a shield may be counted as an obstruction but...

OH DAMN! Apparantly its not only 1 trigger variable I have forgotten to null. I also created a trigger somewhere else for no reason (leak + no nulling here) >.<

Last edited:
Level 30
So is the contest over, and if not, when will it be?

The contest is over, PurplePoot´s judging is running.

Ribenamania said:
woot! Can I actually still update my spell? It's abit... uneffecient..
I wanted to take away the BJs

PurplePoot said:
Since so many people misunderstood the deadline, I'll let it slip. Contest closed as of now.

Anyhow, I won't be able to do the marking for at least a week.

Enough said ;)

Yarh you all too. I might get high better scores on the visuals this time people, but due to leaks which I appeared to forgotten in the stress will probably sink me down. Good luck all.

:D maybe you're right!

My spell aren't effecient enough! Ahh, why didn't I update it =(
Anyway, good luck to all =)

Last edited:
Level 30
Yarh you all too. I might get high better scores on the visuals this time people, but due to leaks which I appeared to forgotten in the stress will probably sink me down. Good luck all.

How would you judge your spell?^^
Judging criteria:
1. Idea (5 points)
2. Triggering (10 points)
3. Overall Aspect (5 points)
4. Visual effects (5 points)
5. Theme (3 points)

Level 23
Hm...
Let see... If you want me to be honest^^

My spell

Idea: (4) There is alot of shields out there, but not with that effect. Im hopefully sneaking by that one mildly.
Triggering: (6-7) Its coded nice but could maybe be more efficient I guess (or not). Created a trigger which I didnt needed and leaked it as well, and then forgot to null it. On another place I forgot 1 nulling as well.
Overall Aspect: (4) It works properly in game and does not lag (tested without the leaks). The tooltip could have been better, and as well some more options to change the spell data effects/level.
Visual effects: (5) Looks neat in game with missiles moving like a sphere around the unit. Overall, great (thats what I think yes^^).
Theme: (2) Does the spell fit the theme? Maybe the visuals are, green and so on, the tranquility does too... But the shield could more or less be created to any unit from any race.
Thats probably how I should judge it. Critisism may be responded.
What about yours?

Level 23
You could be right, but I mean, a shield is a shield and isnt very original. But yeah, the effects are made with triggering only (except a dummy unit using the slow poison ability).

Whether or not it would turn out this way, Im just satisified with the score I get.

Level 12
Maybe he has a life :D

Nah, off course not. His entire existence is devoted to this contest.

P.s. Seriously, he may be busy.

Level 12
Because:
Purple_Poot is no longer a member of the Hive Workshop moderation team.
Purple_Poot is not obliged by anything to 'host' this.
The contest was started as a combined effort by several people, but all the rest(except Purple_Poot) lost interest or something.

And so there will be no next contest until someone decides to host it(could still be Purple_Poot). But heck, this one didn't even manage to get sticked.

There is no point of this going on all the time - it is a contest. Still, it should be more regular than the other contests.

Anyway there is a thread about the contest as a whole not about this particular 'instance'. Ask questions like "when is the next one" there. Be sure to give some ideas for a theme(and do NOT forget to read the first post).

For everyone that submitted - be patient. Poot is a serious person - he will eventually review ALL of them.

Level 23
The contest will be continued or not due to Poot. It appears that no one else is tempted to host it. Dr Super Good and Wyrmlord made some of them. But they started to lose interest and Poot hosted it instead. Its sad... I think we need more spell/code contests.

Poot said something about examins and such last week, so thats probably why. Or he just ought to have a life:p.
The reason why it didnt become stickied was due to rui. He was off the early days of the contest, thus why it might have been forgotten.
The contest is usually every month, but we will see about that.

Level 12
Uhhh, yeah there was a f*ckload of spells, I haven't even gotten around to seeing all of them yet. I give PP all the credit he deserves for such an arduous task.

Status
Not open for further replies.