• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #9 - Same Abilities, Different Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I suggest a green or blue color scheme... Or both.

Well, it actually goes along with what I was aiming for, depicting status or emotional changes of the model itself. Simply using the existing colour sheme it has (blue all the way, which imo stands for a calm, inner state of mind) would have been really boring, and I prefer warm colours.

Also, red depicts rage better than blue/green could.

Level 21
I personally liked on how Death Knights had Blood, Unholy, and Frost talents in which made them like the good old days Death Knights with the unholy magic and I3lackDeath are you going for a blood icon spree or what?

I personally liked on how Death Knights had Blood, Unholy, and Frost talents in which made them like the good old days Death Knights with the unholy magic and I3lackDeath are you going for a blood icon spree or what?

I didn't really specify that, it just happens to change while improving icons (my concepts change all the time).

There are just so many different opinions on what colours I should pick, that I try out suggestions and just go with the ones I like (and so far, I really like how these came out).

However, I already said that there's always the possibility of attaching colour variations to uploads.

EDIT: This is the alternative I could come up with (as separate attachments), allthough I still stick to the redish colour sheme to be my final entry, since I totally love it.

Oh, and I just can't come up with a proper Ultimate... >_<

Attachments

• StatusV3.png
    StatusV3.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 49
I didn't really specify that, it just happens to change while improving icons (my concepts change all the time).

There are just so many different opinions on what colours I should pick, that I try out suggestions and just go with the ones I like (and so far, I really like how these came out).

However, I already said that there's always the possibility of attaching colour variations to uploads.

EDIT: This is the alternative I could come up with (as separate attachments), allthough I still stick to the redish colour sheme to be my final entry, since I totally love it.

Oh, and I just can't come up with a proper Ultimate... >_<

Oh, that is beautiful. Would work wonders if the ulti was blue. (Or, alternatively, green, and then make Death Pact\Vampirism Aura\whatever, blue.)

Also, as for ulti, try Reincarnation, or perhaps, Death and Decay?

Oh, that is beautiful. Would work wonders if the ulti was blue. (Or, alternatively, green, and then make Death Pact\Vampirism Aura\whatever, blue.)

Also, as for ulti, try Reincarnation, or perhaps, Death and Decay?

I want to create a nuke as his ultimate, since all other abilites are passive or enhancing. He needs some direct damage.

Reincarnation would fit the model, but it's another passive and rather "lame" imo.

I thought about giving him the Crypt Lord's ultimate, with souls ripping enemies apart. We will see. :p

The skulls look so plain, and is that a part of a Death Knight? It is... strange to discover it without big image.
Otherwise, a very nice idea.

Well, they are supposed to be ghost-like, summoned souls ripping the living apart. The sword and body part you see is supposed to be the Lich King pointing towards the battlefield.

I can't actually zoom in more, it would loose the whole gesture. Most of the sword and shoulder has to be seen in order to get the idea.

Level 25
I finally came up with an idea for an Ultimate icon...

Strange, I started out with blue and green, but the result didn't match with the other icons I want to be my final submissions. So I just played around a little. :p

That is just awesome. I personally think you should go with the blue/green versions, as they look way better in my opinion.

Level 25
Ah, now I saw it, thanks. Re-read those posts a couple of times, still managed to miss that info I see. Well alright then.

I will make icons for the ice troll model. With frost arrows and trueshot aura as my only ideas so far.
------------------------------------------------
Edit: Added a little WIP of the frost axes based on frost arrows icon.

Attachments

• FrostAxes.jpg
    FrostAxes.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Elainiel, this looks very interesting, as ice, especially in WC3, is an eye candy. Looking' forward to see this evolve.

I'm pretty much done with everything. These will be (one of) the last WIPs I'll upload.

Also, this is how I think my final entry will look like (the Ultimate may look a bit smudged, but that's because the preview is JPG, I sharpened it just as much as the others):
Vs5nQYlWU9.png

Attachments

• LocustSwarmWIP.png
    LocustSwarmWIP.png
    939.6 KB · Views: 62
  • StatusV3.1.png
    StatusV3.1.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 64
  • StatusV2.1.png
    StatusV2.1.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I suggest you flip the colors on that ultimate. Ghosts --> green, frostmourne --> blue.
Also, since when does the Lich King wear ANY leather? D:

Well, his gloves are leather. Since it can't even be seen in the icon, I just replaced his armor below the shoulder plate. Otherwise it would be a mess of grey.

Updated my previous comment.

This is my final entry. All of the following icons were created for Kwaliti's Lich King model.

CallToArms:
sbNqmOrR6k.png
-->
wFItMpApLt.png

Bloodlust:
hjwqluJc4E.png
-->
bDb2CI24HK.png

TrueSight:
22wcrJanM1.png
-->
GvFR539dxW.png

LocustSwarm:
9Y8KffGctm.png
-->
I4fA0TQtP0.png

wMH7NpqQ4n.PNG

ILEFeTJwpO.PNG

I will upload the whole sets of each icon, existing colour variations attached in separate posts, once the Icon Contest is over.

Attachments

• BTNCallToArmsGreen.blp
    11.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DISBTNCallToArmsGreen.blp
    8.8 KB · Views: 85
  • BTNBloodLustRed.blp
    13.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DISBTNBloodLustRed.blp
    10.5 KB · Views: 48
  • BTNTrueSightRed.blp
    11.6 KB · Views: 70
  • PASTrueSightRed.blp
    10.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DISBTNTrueSightRed.blp
    9.2 KB · Views: 70
  • BTNLocustSwarmBlue.blp
    11.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DISBTNLocustSwarmBlue.blp
    8.8 KB · Views: 91
Level 14
Quote[/hidden]

I will upload the whole sets of each icon, existing colour variations attached in separate posts, once the Icon Contest is over.

Awesome,just not sure about 2 color variations
i mean Red and Green = Christmas

Level 14
Which would fit, no? Christmas is only 1 week ahead. :p
Should have put some gold and fairy dust in.

yeah it would fit,but the model is "blue" themed,which would not fit that much
i rate 4.7/5 because its still awesome

WIP for the second icon - Devotion Aura:

150077-albums4247-picture54163.png

I have to make it more cartoony to fit the other one and such.

I love the concept of this one! I also thought about re-using DevotionAura, but couldn't come up with a concept myself.

Also, I would add some shadows to your first icon (the ShadowMeld one). The face is supposed to be behind the bamboo, so there should be shadows around the face.

I am applying as a judge, if there is a free spot.
I haven't seen anyone applying so far. :p

Level 25
I love the concept of this one! I also thought about re-using DevotionAura, but couldn't come up with a concept myself.

Also, I would add some shadows to your first icon (the ShadowMeld one). The face is supposed to be behind the bamboo, so there should be shadows around the face.

Thanks. I actually made the icon before thinking of which spell I wanted it to fit, and luckily it worked perfectly for this one. :p

I thought likewise, so I actually already added more shadows to it. And I changed it to Wind Walk afterall. I wanted to save the passive ability for something else (Devotion Aura).

Status
Not open for further replies.