• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Info:
This is a basic zombie defence map. You have to defend your castle against waves of enemy zombies, while at the same time you have to build up an army and destroy the enemy's headquarter. There are key points all over the map which can be (Risk style) conquered. To ensure victory, you have to destroy the enemy headquarter. The more players, the more life the zombies have.

How to play:
-Choose your hero at the beginning of the game.
-Build farms to get income (up to 20).
-Defend the outposts. Most important, defend your castle.
-Focus on defending in the beginning. The zombies will quickly overwhelm any attacks if your units are too weak. Don't let your hero die, reviving him will cost more than you can afford at that time.
-Build up an army and destroy the zombies' headquarter.

Heroes:
-Rückwardt (Mountain King): Critical Strike, Evasion, Shadow Strike, Silence (prevents enemies from attacking).

-Schick (Blood Mage): Dagger Fan, Life Drain (Aura), Shock Wave, Phoenix (Ultimate).

-Schwiegershausen (Engineer): Spawns bears, eagles and water servants. Revive dead (Ultimate).

-Odenthal (Demon Hunter): Battle Cry, Chain Lightning, Endurance Aura, Star Rain (Ultimate).

Income:
Every 20 seconds you'll receive income based on following attributes:
+ gold for control points, farms, enemies killed
- gold for units you have (one gold per unit)

Control Points:
Every control point gives you additional income. They are key points which have to be defended or, when taken by the zombies, conquered back. The enemy will randomly attack the remaining control points. When they are all taken, they start massing against the castle.

Zombie spawn points:

There are two major spawn points. One is the headquarter itself in the south of the map, while the other one is on the middle left (just above the hero selection area). If you conquer this control point, the spawn area will move to the headquarter. This gives you the advantage of having all attacks coming from one direction.

Upgrades:
Every few minutes, the zombies as well as player pink and green receive an upgrade for their units (attack, life and armor). The upgrade limit is 20. Try to have at least their upgrade level to have a decent chance.

Changelog:
So far no major changes, only terrain editing and a little balancing. I plan to add more heroes and units, as well as some tactical aspects (like blowing up bridges) to the map. I will update the map from time to time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I also appreciate helpful reviews, especially about balancing.
Previews
Contents

Zombie Defence (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
The description is extremely lacking, you should follow one lf the templates added to this review. You could for example explain what effect each control point has, or how long the game is, what heros do, and so on. Even without screenshots I can tell...
deepstrasz
The user name is different than the author and the name on the loading screen. Explanation? 1. Some more info in the Quest Log? For instance: if I reset my camera, how do I put it back up? 2. Terrain is pretty flat and a lot of parts have one tile...
Level 2
Later I could give this a review, but you need to read the map submission rules and all that before you post. As far as I remember, betas and alphas are not allowed in this section, there is one dedicated to them I believe.

Also your description is quite uninformative, no screenshots either.

Level 2
Very well, I have made a quick play-through and I feel like that is all that is necessary.

As much as this map does not carry a greatly unique idea, it is made well enough to not be entirely uninteresting. There may be a few issues, like the terrain, which is pretty flat, boring and doodad-less, the fact that you do not get any info about the heroes you choose at the beginning and the lack of -truly- unique abilities, yet the map is still quite playable and not even that boring. Even though the map is quite large, the pacing is fast enough to not make it incredibly boring and overall the game is quite fast. Even though it does not bring much new to the table, I would quite not mind it getting approved and I would even give it a slightly less than average score of 2.7/5.

Don't feel bad about not getting a complete review from me, it would just be needlessly long for the type of map this is, plus there is not that many flaws.

Level 19
The description is extremely lacking, you should follow one lf the templates added to this review. You could for example explain what effect each control point has, or how long the game is, what heros do, and so on.
Even without screenshots I can tell the map is lacking in terrain (from the preview). So you should work on both those things.

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The user name is different than the author and the name on the loading screen. Explanation?

1. Some more info in the Quest Log? For instance: if I reset my camera, how do I put it back up?
2. Terrain is pretty flat and a lot of parts have one tile and little to no doodads.
3. Spells need proper description. Example: how much does Critical Strike increase per level? What about the chance percentage? How many levels?
4. Copies of the same heroes (literally, same name) that the players can choose belonging to the green player.
5. Building and unit hotkeys shown in their title?
6. Upgrade levels mentioned somewhere either in their title or description? How much does the upgrade for range increases? (by 25 but it's not mentioned).
7. You can get ranged units to have the range of a catapult.

Left to Pending.

=======================================================================================================================

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

EDIT: Awaiting Update.

Last edited: