• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Defence V1.84e

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Hawk
~~~~~~~~~~~~Ramsey Presents~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ZOMBIE DEFENSE V1.84e~~~~~~~~~
(V1.84e -made game clearer, other small fixes, (was gonna skip to V1.84f but didnt have enough time)
(V1.84d -made heros stronger, and made items cheaper)

~Main Point of Game~
Defend the castle from waves of super strong zombies with your hero, towers, units, and more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Updates V1.84~~~~~~~~~~
- Added Difficulty choice
- Added Repick choice
- Fixed Zombie control triggers
- Fixed unit upgrades
- Fixed zombie hero spawn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Updates V1.83~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Added assist system to rescuing villagers.
- Added disease throw to zombie wagons.
- Fixed archer upgrades.
- Balancing units...still making small tweaks
- Moved and changed some units in castles.

If a mod was to deny this, could you please notify me before doing so so I at least have a chance to fix whatever the problem is.

Thanks and have fun
-Ramsey

(This game requires TEAMWORK)

Keywords:
ramsey, zombie, defense, castle, survive, survivors, surviving, defending, undead, disease, team, dead, a.
Contents

Zombie Defence V1.84e (Map)

Reviews
09:35, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
@VampireofBlood - ty for the feedback. ill change the fullhouse thing (didnt notice it so thanks) and am always working on balancing (read bottom for explanation)

wow i just noticed the most stupidest thing....
i forgot to add Difficulty choices to the game :hohum:

K im about to play the entire game with my friend and test it out so I can see what needs balancing. The current difficulty will probably be Normal.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi i played this map and its great.
So diffuculty option would be good, zombies are so easy . . .i played this map with my friend and we complete all tasks with no problem.
+Zombies
+Nice spells
-Marines? what the? (maybe Zombie Slayers? Footmans?Riflemans?)
-easy ,make game a bit harder . . .please ;D
-zombies stucks themself in the castle and they don't move
-few spells laggs game like hell
-remake a little reinforcements in the game ending (i mean marines)
-maybe few random events?

I like this game ;) keep up the work

Level 6
@ Kazaanh
thanks for the feedback
yea lol i also tested the entire game and it was easy......i always thought it was hard

-ill make marines rifleman...ure right it doesnt match the game itsself
-ive noticed some spells glitch the special effects only when 2 or more players have the same hero and use the same spell at the same time (thats easy fix)
-Random events? u mean like random villager in castle catches disease and becomes zombie? then that zombie kills other villagers causing chaos in the castle
-wat u mean by "remake a little reinforcements in ending"? add more? more come like every 1 min after the first marines come.
-MOST IMPORTANT: i have no idea how to fix the zombies when they just stand their cause of the lag... adding more will only make it worse so any suggestions?
1. My suggestion:fp: = use the fighting system in dota where units will spawn not only for the zombies but also for the players. so units spawn for each team to attack the oppisite team. I will also reduce the number of units per wave and make heros a quite weaker. tell me if u agree with me:thumbs_up:

Level 5
Just played a game on Bnet.
Pretty fun, nothing too new, but fun. You've obviously put some time into it.
One big problem that actually means I can't properly give my opinion on this game is the fact that all the zombies got stuck, then there were a load of spikes from what I'm gueesing is a mass attack command trigger trying to activate every 10-15 seconds.
Untill that's fixed I can't really tell you anything more other than it has (the golden word) potential.

Level 6
yea.....lag can ruin even the best of games

so what Im gonna do is completely rearrange the attack triggers and lower the number of units on the map at all times and balance that out.

this will make the game more fun and less laggy and as i mentioned above im going to add autospawns for each team that go to attack the opposite team.
Its better then just hiding in a castle where now you can go fight the zombies on their way to the castle. This will take a while to make...expect it in v1.85

Level 11
Neither me or anyone else I played with liked this game that much, very difficult to undertand why the hell you spammed millions on units and stuff everywhere. Voting for rejection.

Level 6
@noammosrry - dude wth man...ppl like u have no consideration for anyone else.

just because YOU dont like the game doesnt mean you have to reject it and ruin it for those who do like it. I always play it and never end up with "millions of units on the map". If you do then its the way ure fightning zombies that cause them to mass.

If you dont like this type of game then no one is asking u to comment or even play it.
some ppl like this game and some ppl dont but just because there is a spam of zombies doesnt mean anything.
Its a simple flaw in the game.. its not like i cant fix it..

and anyways i can care less about your opinion.
its the opinion of the mods and my fans that matter

@jupi - thank you and im glad u like it. Ppl like u encourage me to make the game better than ever :thumbs_up:

@any mod - i hope u can see it from my point of view about how selfish noammosrry is...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMING SOON: Rearranging entire zombie triggers and number of units on map in V1.85

Level 11
@noammosrry - dude wth man...ppl like u have no consideration for anyone else.

just because YOU dont like the game doesnt mean you have to reject it and ruin it for those who do like it. I always play it and never end up with "millions of units on the map". If you do then its the way ure fightning zombies that cause them to mass.

If you dont like this type of game then no one is asking u to comment or even play it.
some ppl like this game and some ppl dont but just because there is a spam of zombies doesnt mean anything.
Its a simple flaw in the game.. its not like i cant fix it..

and anyways i can care less about your opinion.
its the opinion of the mods and my fans that matter

Lol take a chill pill dude, your frikin out like i killed your granda. I love zombie survival games but I don't like this one. I didn't noe i wouldnt like it thats why I played it. And once i played it, i wrote a review of what I thought.

And yea my opinion must have matter alot, cause it like hit a nerve for you cause you freaked and wrote that shit.

Lol, also how am I selfish? .. How old are you, lmao?

Level 6
I am completely rearranging all the zombie triggers, special effects (removing map leaks) and making zombies way more balanced, and other stuff.
This is will be V1.85 and I have school so i barely get time to work on this anymore so its gonna take me twice as long to finish it.

~~~~ZOMBIE DEFENSE V1.85 PROGRESS~~~~
All Zombie attack triggers:- Currently working on (MAIN FOCUS)
New Autospawn System:-- Started
Balancing all units:-------- Not Started
New Units for both teams:- Not Started
New Hero:------------------ Started

Current Progress: 1/10/10 Wow its been a while since i even opened my map and I might continue on it if im not always busy.
Last Progress: 1/22/10 School is making it hard to have time to work on map but im going to reedit all the zombie triggers to make the game run smoother.

Last edited:
Level 1
Idea

Quality map,

Though the zombies getting stuck can be a problem. Also, I just finished playing V1.84 and with about 10 minutes left i always get a fatal error crash.

Difficulty system (allows me to play it with just my roommate)
Hero abilities (though they are wicked strong)
Saving Villagers is cool. (though I need insentive to bring them back to the castle. Perhaps make it so they are treated as a Farm and add income after you save them?) OR perhaps make a place to send them to receive an extra 50 Gold for everyone you save?

Dislikes:
Lack of heroes,
Zombies get stuck alot. (unstuck makes them move, but Not attack without luring)
Gates repair with open-close (and can be abused)
Lack of better items. (you could add annother shop pretty easily)

Also, I'm completely unsure what to do with the *hotel titles* that look like runes around the map, maybe you could enlighten me? Overall I really like this map, and am very willing to help you test it more if youd like :) keep up the good work!

Level 6
Loading Screen said:
no cure has yet to be found
Great to hear! The cure has been found! ...
I think you meant The cure has yet to be found.

Anyways, listen up kiddies.
CWeener is about to give you all a lesson.

Lesson number 1
If you have so many zombies in your map that they take turns walking, you've failed.
ohnoespt2.jpgohnoespt3.jpgWC3ScrnShot_080610_051216_01.jpg

Lesson number 2
If you have completely pointless button in your dialog that say "--------", you have failed.
Oh Damn. Failed there too.

Lesson number 3
If you've got abilities that spam effects on top of spammed units you've probably failed, and given somebody a lag headache.
Need anymore explanation?

Lesson number 4
If your ramps look like they're going to stab you, you failed. Or maybe you live in America. :D
rampfail.jpg

Lesson number 5
If your description takes less than 20 seconds to read, you've failed.

Lesson number 6
If when your game tells me "OH NO! SOMETHING IS COMING AND KILLING EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH" (I don't remember exact words) the underlined part should not be talking about it's own units.
it'sgunnaeatmeh.jpg

Lesson number 7
If I ever have to write that many lessons, you've done something wrong.

Anyways,
Improve the description.
Improve the lag. You can probably do this by decreasing the overall map size.
And instead of using the triggers like
[trigger=What you PROBABLY used]
Actions
Create X units at wherever facing whocares
[/trigger]
you should use triggers like,
[trigger=What you hopefully used]
Actions
For each (integer A) from 1 to (however many units you want) do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set Loc = Where you want them
Create 1 Whatever for player whomever at Loc facing Default
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
Wait .5 seconds
[/trigger]
Much better.
Improve your terrain, get some environmentals out there.
Improve your English.
Add more heroes.

And without further ado,

Rejection :}