• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure, anybody can be host, we just need to bribe somebody to sacrifice himself... actually, can hosts participate?
Yo, you as host can participate, too, as long you don't judge. ;p You can have a look at old discussions (Zephyr#15, Zephyr#14) as help for theme pool, use the templates, inform about some rules, and go for it. : )

Level 12
So far:
01 - corpse - spell must target corpses
02 - Divine - ???
03 - Dual effect - Spell that alternates between effects.
04 - Link - Spell that links units
05 - Delayed effect - Spell with delayed effect
06 - AoE summon - Spell which affects area and summons a unit/s
07 - Nature - Fits theme of Nature
08 - Illusion - Spell with illusions
09 - Assassination - Spell that can fit an assassin
10 - Teleportation / Portal
11 - Aura
12 - Combo - Spellpack that compliments each other spells.
13 - Deception - Spell focused on tricking your opponent.
14 - Unique summoning - Summoning in a unique way
15 - Model Based - Pick a model of a list, make spell for it.

Next one is 16 I think... Has there been 16 or is next one 16?

How about: Aerial - Create a spell or a system for aerial hero / unit / units. Could be anything fitting to an Aerial unit being from Warcraft universe or not. e.g. Gryphon Squadron, Jet Plane movement, Battlecruiser Yamato Gun, Gunship Bombardment

regards
-Ned

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Excellent, excellent.

Yes, I speak from experience when I say Hosts can participate quite readily in their own Contests, so long as they do not Judge & treat everyone equitably. However, in some cases it is preferable that a thread or two be set up to 1) ask for Theme ideas, and 2) Poll between the suggested Theme ideas.

Also, that's not a bad suggestion.

Level 12
Well, we have this thread, may as well collect theme ideas here and then post a poll in the Contest Submissions?

Would need access to the first post though...
Would @Empirean or admin/mod be happy to update the first post with theme suggestions or should we migrate to Contest Submissions?

-Ned

Level 12
It would still be moving, just to a different thread instead of different thread in appropriate place... kind of... :|

Environment - Create a Spell/System that manipulates the environment, being terrain, trees or other doodads.
Back to basics - Create a Spell/System that would fit a Tier 1 unit or a heroic version of them.
Money, Money, Money! - Create a Spell/System with economics focus. e.g. Transmute, Pillage

reagrds
-Ned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.