• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #14 Theme Poll 2

Final Poll. Choose One.

• Explosion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electricity

• Combo

• Animal

• Elemental

• DC Models

• Blood

• Sky Assault

• Line of Sight

• Diversity

• Immobilize

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Final Poll for Zephyr Contest #14 Themes!

Explosion - Contestants create a spell that is based on explosions, grenade-throwing spells.

Electricity - Contestants create a spell that represents lightnings, plasmas.

Immobilize - Contestants create a spell that stop movements, freeze on nice.

Blood - Contestants create a spell that represents blood, exploding units.

Sky Assault - Contestants create a spell that attacks from sky, unite tosses.

Mechanical Summon - Contestants create a spell that summons a monster excluding summoning it normally. Like Pocket Factory for example.

Elemental - Choose one element as theme for your spell. (fire, ice, earth, ...)

Diversity - Create a spell which concept is seperated in at least 2 phases.

Skillshot - Contestants are to create a spell that takes timing and positioning to hit. Examples are Sacred Arrow and Sun Strike

Line of Sight - Contestants are to create a spell that affects unit in a line. Examples are Wall of Replica and Impale

Animal - Create a spell that suits and is one special (or not) ability of an animal or even fantasy creature you have ever heard of. Example:
(Animal) Lion => Roar
(Fantasy creature) Gargoyle => Stone Form

Unit manipulation - Specifically controlling units (dragging them, throwing, capture, that sort of thing)

DC Models - Create a spell that best fits to the model.

Gathered new themes from Flux, Zephyr #13, Zephyr #12, and KILLCIDE.

Last edited:
What about diversity a bit changed? (real question)

About maybe define 2-3 phases for the spell, while each phase is supposed to have a unique "parameter/category", which it influences.

For example 2 phase spell:

Phase1: Moving - Parameter: Allies
The caster is moved to the enemy.
When allies are also around, they also will be moved closer to the enemy, just like the caster.
/Alternativly pushing back other enemies

Phase2: Attacking - Parameter: Water
The caster damages/attacks the target.
When there is water in range when the attack launches, it summons extra wave/damage from the water which also will have effect on the enemy.

Other parameters would be for example:
Heroes, destructables, items, terrain + their specializations... for example "call all AIR units in range" and so on.

Level 22
I got some Ideas I'd like to share.

1. Reanimation. How it works? Contestants are to make a spell which has an involvement with bringing alive the dead. It has similarity to the Corpse Theme but this one is more focused on Summoning the dead.
  2. Undead. How it works? Contestants are to make a spell which has an involvement with the dead. Something like giving bonus stats when you're around the dead or anything else that you have in mind.
Opinions?

Level 19
Honestly I and others dislike the way things are approached in Zephyr #14.

There is a well working model for a contest.
  1. List possible themes and discuss them. ( 7 - 14 days )
    ---
  2. Only then set up a voting poll which expires after roughly one week.
    ---
  3. Make sure you have enough qualified people in charge to judge the contest.
    ---
  4. After that schedule a time ( constest starts at; ends at ) and make a proper contest forum post.
    Eventually contact us for making a news feed.
    ---
  5. Finally judges go over the submissions and give out awards to the winners.

I'll talk with my colleagues. Later, hopefully today or tomorrow, I'll let you know how we proceed with Zephyr #14.
We all want that the contest turns out awesome.

Level 16
@Rheiko: That idea is good. Anyways, did you love the dead all by these years?

No offense here.

I think i'll just give some Off-Topic to your theme.
- Reanimation is about resurrect or rebirthing a unit. But not to life. This one you tell will include the spell like 'Animate Dead' am i right? Reanimation is different than Resurrection. Reanimation is bringing the dead back to this world. Means still dead. And Resurrection is bringing the dead back to life. Am i correct? So Reanimation is not going to focus on life, isn't it?
- Undead, i think this one is rare. Things affecting the Undead is commonly Blight for example. Spells on Undeads are commonly dark. Except for Holy Light. Affects Undead units 'to' damage it. This theme looks like 55 %. Maybe making 'ROAR' type spell that only affect Undead units can be an example?

@IcemanBo: Way... but that also can be explanation for those that don't understand yet, am i right?

@BPower: Okay. I'm also really sorry for mistaking number 1 anyway.

Level 22
That idea is good. Anyways, did you love the dead all by these years?
Nah, just trying to do something counterwise to nature. Because Night Elves and Undead were enemies. Not to mention they are like a total opposite. So it sparked some ideas. :p

Reanimation is about resurrect or rebirthing a unit. But not to life. This one you tell will include the spell like 'Animate Dead' am i right? Reanimation is different than Resurrection. Reanimation is bringing the dead back to this world. Means still dead. And Resurrection is bringing the dead back to life. Am i correct? So Reanimation is not going to focus on life, isn't it?
Ah, thanks for the correction. That is what I meant. So basically, the dead aren't fully ressurected.

Undead, i think this one is rare. Things affecting the Undead is commonly Blight for example. Spells on Undeads are commonly dark. Except for Holy Light. Affects Undead units 'to' damage it. This theme looks like 55 %. Maybe making 'ROAR' type spell that only affect Undead units can be an example?
Well, who knows. It's just an Idea, Maybe there is someone who creative enough to make something awesome out of it.

@AditTechno, yes, of course it's an explanation.
But the initial "Diversity" theme did not explicitly force the user to think of "New ParameterTopic/Themes" for each phase, so I don't know if others like the change.

The suggestion's goal was basicly for more motivation to include parameters of the current environment when casting phases of the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.