• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Contest #1 - Theme Discussion, Participants, and Judging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Zephyr Contest #14!
Seriously, i don't see any spell contests in the archive.

I don't know how to make polls yet. So you must post to decide. There are 6 themes. What do you suggest?

Themes :

Explosion - Contestants create a spell that is based on Explosions. Example for Land Mines, or Grenade-throwing spells.

Electricity - Contestants create a spell that represents on Lightnings, Plasmas. Example for Chain Lightning, Monsoon.

Immobilize - Contestants create a spell that is based on Immobilizing movements, freeze on Ice. Example Ensnare.

Blood - Contestants create a spell that represents bloods, exploding units.

Channel : Nature Spell - Contestants create a channeled spell that is based on Nature. Example Tranquility. Already changed. See below.

Mechanical Summon - Contestants create a spell that summons unit excluding summoning it normally. Example for Pocket Factory.

Also, tell me how to make polls. PM me or anything. I will launch the poll when 12 suggestions are posted.

Want to participate? I will take the 12 suggestor's suggestion.

For judging, who has reviewing skills on spells?

I'm sorry if there are already types of spell contests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mechanical Summon is probably the one most interesting to me - Explosion is a bit vague (too many things count - you could do basically anything at all), Electricity would be awkward since most options would need lighting effects (lightning effects being really annoying and all that when not controlled by object editor, wouldn't want to subject everybody to that) Immobilize is a bit slim in terms of what you can do.
Blood and Channel: Nature are also a bit more likable from my perspective - though Nature has been done before (So blood and Mechanical Summon would be my votes)

Level 16
Nature theme will be changed to :

Sky Assault - Contestants create a spell that will make the caster jumps and assault from above. Example like Toss in DotA.

The poll will come next sunday because I'm on an exam. Suggest the themes everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
^KILLCIDE got a really orgasmic idea. I even browsed through director's cut icons earlier today, and there are some extremely detailed icons which deserve a cool ability. Maybe not so much as "Director's Cut icons" but 5/5 icons because there is not much choice when it comes to DC icons.

Suggestion: contestants are to create a spell based on their name.

EDIT: Nvm, if the DC idea passes, I've got some ideas :p

Status
Not open for further replies.