• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When will we see hero contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Zephyr challenge is nice, but hero contest would be much nicer..so i hope you will make it soon...

Level 6
What is a hero contest? you must use Blizzard abilities (object editor edited) + custom model from site / custom skin from site and add a story to it, OR you have to make model/skin + 4 abilities? :/

yea sry...i mean hero 3skills + 1ultimate..

so its pretty much same as zephyr challenge but I think more fun..

Level 12
I think its best to have a few spells contests first, draw some attention see how many entries we get.

If we have say 5 successful spell contests with lots of entries then may as well start a Hero Contest.

Level 15
To the best of my knowledge no Hero contest has been concieved (yet). Why not update the original post to provide a starting point? Everyone else can then add their own recommendations.

~ Thread moved to Contest Submission.
In fact there has been a hero contest at WC3Campaigns, in that one, Daelin was the winner and I was in second place. I know this is not important but... meh

A hero contest is the next level of a spell contest, it implies to make a melee hero (very important the word melee) with its 4 abilities (2 active abilities, one passive, or 3 actives, and ultimate). The most important requirement for this contest is the abilities must have synergy, which can be achieved by one passive ability that increase the effect of the other abilities, or the usage of one ability combined with other increase the effect on the target unit.

Why melee hero?? because the idea is to develop a balanced one that can fit with the standard heroes in WC3, so a hero with abilities that destroy clusters of enemies with 10 mana and no cooldown are not allowed.

This kind of contest require to give a good price because it implies a lot of balance and functionality, to develop a good thematic for the hero, model, abilities icons, presentation etc. In general, it implies a lot of brain usage.

So if you want a pro contest, I suggest one of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.