• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Political Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Level 6
Everyone is ultimately egocentric. What differs is how they express it.

You care about other people because not caring about them makes you feel bad; conversely, doing good deeds makes you feel good.
Caring about other people isn't only doing good deeds. And even so, not all good deeds are done for selfish reasons. It doesn't need to be this or that. It can be many things.
Sure helping out people in need is rewarding. It should be rewarding. That doesn't mean it's the sole reason we do it.

Level 6
You pretty much did.
You're saying the only reason we do good deeds is to feel better about ourselves. (At least you sound that way, sorry if I'm misunderstanding.)
It's not. It really isn't.
Maybe to some degree, but feeling good about doing good things isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't make you "ultimately egocentric."

Also, I'll emphasize this:
Caring about other people isn't only doing good deeds.

Level 9
I believe in individual freedoms, de jure property rights and equality before the law. This technically makes me an AnCap, although I don't really care what label I have on me.

Reactions: Rui
Level 5
pcgraphpng.php

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Level 36
I believe in individual freedoms, de jure property rights and equality before the law. This technically makes me an AnCap, although I don't really care what label I have on me.

Well look at you.

LMHvO.png

Make of this what you will. I don't self-identify as an anarchist/libertarian/whateverthefuck, because a lot of those ideas are fucking retarded, but I'm all for personal freedom. Economically, I'm your typical liberal.

Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Updated my post! I finally figured out how to manipulate the image so I shouldn't need to use their buggy editor anymore.
I removed Pope Benedict XVI since it cluttered Magtheridon96's result, and I wanted to protrude users in this graph. By now, you've probably figured names that come with P are known people (public/persona/personality).

Regarding the Communism being left liberal oriented, I found this image.
766px-European-political-spectrum.png

Level 13
FYI, proper communism is actually pretty much where anarchism is, except a bit further down.

The "communism" you put there is Stalinism or Maoism, which is in no way reminiscent of Marxism at all.

Reactions: Ash
Level 27
It's like asking an obese kid if he likes candy.
Or sitting two lions and a lamb down to vote on dinner.
People [...] should be taught discipline and they should be happy with they have.
And how do you expect to teach them that while a government stands over them to protect and serve them? What better way to alleviate the burden of responsibility? How comfortable has your life been knowing that your government is keeping you safe from all kinds of peril at the hands of other people, and never questioning that you might be in any danger due to its incompetence?

All roads lead to anarchy.
Doing what's 'right' just takes us back to the Dark ages of religion.
You mean those ones we never actually got out of? We just advanced technologically, is all.
The implication is that I mean everything I don't outright say I don't mean? That's broken logic and you know it.
Gee none of us were going to figure that one out until you said it.
Everyone is ultimately egocentric.
Well obviously. The opposite of selfishness is self-destruction. Things that destroy themselves don't tend to exist because when they do, they destroy themselves. The question is what composes your "self." Case in point:
Lower right represent!

Obviously I am going to ally myself with like-minded people because I believe them to be more grounded than people who are less correct on things. You could think of it like an exclusive club. You could draw lines, or construct walls. You can do this on multiple levels, too. Family, friends, colleagues, co-workers. As Google puts it, your "circles."

There are those who believe human evolution has ended. Maybe it's the advances in medicine, maybe it's the advances in technology, maybe it's the advances in agriculture, or maybe it's just the plain fact that evolution takes millions of years and trying to see it happening on the basis of a human life span is necessarily wrong. Whatever the case, to say that we've been as intelligent as we are now for thousands of years is both accurate and inaccurate. In terms of our physiology, we haven't changed much, if at all, in so short a span of geologic time. On the other hand, what is intelligence? What causes us to be intelligent? Is it determined genetically? Or is it too complex of a neurological concept for the mere DNA that constructs the brain to control?

Drawing from the lessons we learn from feral children and those born deaf, of a human grown in a most unnatural way; unable to communicate with other humans, it seems fairly straight-forward to conclude that our ability to form the kinds of thoughts we do is rooted in the effect that complex, abstract language has on our neural circuitry. While all our brains have this capacity, without being raised to communicate with other intelligences, much as we may use our capacity to create tools in the wild to help us survive, there will be certain subjects we could never comprehend in a brain so developed. I am convinced that the girth of our intelligence is a collection of ideas that gradually arose as someone, somewhere, cognized the concept, and in an effort to communicate with others about it, created terminology to solidify the concept.

And that that intelligence is a concrete structure, apart from us, that exists in our ongoing communication.

And that each of us is a neuron within this vast structure.

And that the lines we draw to divide us slow the "thoughts" that this structure "thinks."

And that the only barrier to entry is the ability to communicate.

Level 13
And that the lines we draw to divide us slow the "thoughts" that this structure "thinks."

Evidently. But those lines exist, and there's scant little we can do about them, which is why I think your views on this are wishful thinking.

Level 17
well this is fantastic i enjoy seeing the youths arguing about politics and the status quo maybe one day some of you will grow up to be great political leaders or even presidents. just remember if you are not from north korea then you really dont have any problems :) btw this is what i got im almost in the middle XD
20x20.gif

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm interested in why Instant Ramen would refuse to be a politician.

Personally, I'm not sure if I would, but probably not. Maybe out of curiosity. However, when the members of a party have to have the same opinion as the leader and it's a scandal if they vote otherwise, I find this regime they call a democracy pretty suspicious.

Level 22
My Results

I disagree strongly with children require spanking, a relationship should be built on respect not fear, restrictions should be applied when respect is lost, but authoritarian force should never be applied in any situation, including governmental.

Midnighters seems to me to be a white supremacist type.

I personally think anyone 10% above the middle line for Authoritarian/Libertarian must have been raised improperly for answering questions like forced sterilization, and bans on abortion strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.