1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?&quo

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Mecheon, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Saying that Draenei left Illidan is fanmade speculation and thusly has no holding in my mind

The number of Draenei in Azeroth is far from enough to make a race out of

2. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The same way one tribe of Trolls or a decimated Gnomish population became playable races?

3. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Entirely different

Gnomes and trolls came from Azeroth to begin with. They can make more trolls and gnomes because they can find splinter groups who left earlier. Trolls also have the advantage of being able to asorb outcasts from other tribes: I refuse to believe that the tribes in Stranglethorn don't chuck a few people out for disagreeing with the big bad troll and then leave them to be eaten by ogres/tigers/whatever else is hungry

Draenei however are mostly on Draenor. At that they were massacared before they could even get to Azeroth to begin with. While I could see the Outland Draenei being viable if the Dark Portal was open, the fact is a few small remnants of an already massacured race managed to get sucked into Azeroth. Hardly enough to make a large population out of

4. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    If numbers are a problem, Blizz could have some of Akamas people come over from Outland. While it is only unofficial speculation that the Draenei are leaving Illidan, it's possible and I daresay probable that the Draenei aren't happy with the fact that they now indirectly serve a demon lord through Illidan and are leaving him.

Also of note, Kael, Vashj, and Illidan are slated to be raid bosses on Outland, while nothing has been said of Akama, or at least I've heard nothing.

5. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The thing is, they can't come over from Outland because the portal's closed

And I dislike the Kael being a raid boss thing. So, they dump the freaking Blood Elves on us rather than ogres or goblins, and then say they want to go to Outland to get back to Kael, and then they go and kill Kael?

Excuse me? Where is the needed sense from that?

6. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, but the portal will be opened for the expansion, so if they chose to Blizz could have Akama and his draenei come to Azeroth.

7. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the portal will be open

But it won't be open from the get go. It'll need a quest line to get it open, simular to the Ahn'Quiraj ones right now

Hence, no Draenei can come and join

8. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do you know the portal won't be opened immediately before the expansion, with players unable to pass through it?

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, there is my "I talked to Xaran once and he will murder me sweet for letting these things slip", and then there's the fact that to open the portal one needs the Book of Medivh, which was last seen with Kul'Thuzard. So I figure: Book of Medivh plus Ritual in Medivh's Tower equals Opened Portal

And with Khazran not coming until the expansion, makes more sense

That, and if the Alliance had a capital on Draenor and no one else did, then the Alliance would own Draenor and the Horde would own Kalimdor

10. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My guess for the new horde race would be Pandarans. They allied themselves with the horde in WC3 and its the only race that has yet to be seen in WoW.

Although its still beyond me how the undead allied with the horde, so I guess any alliance is possible at this point.
    -VGsatomi

11. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Pandaren are neutral. That's always been my counterargument

Metzen didn't add Goblins because they were neutral, so by that logic Pandaren won't be added because they are neutral

12. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pointers about the new alliance race:

1. An already existing race. So definetely can't be a new race to Warcraft. (as posted by Caydiem)

2. Has a connection with Outland (can't confirm where the rumor originated officially)

3. Must be on Kalimdor (To balance gameplay since Blood Elves are on Eastern Kingdoms.

...whoops, we once more see a reason why draenei have a hard fit on the new alliance race.

13. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    VG: The new Horde race is Blood Elves. The Alliance has the mystery race. But still, the Pandaren have a shamanistic heritage through their Geomancers, making them disagreeable with the Alliance in terms of game mechanics. Likewise, Furbolgs are shamanistic, so they're also out.

Seagull: That connection to Outland the new race will supposedly have also came from Caydiem, though she tried to cover it up later.

Also, it's only speculation that the new race will be on Kalimdor. Kalimdor actually has few unsed areas, and they're not big enough to support a new capital/race. The Eastern Kingdoms has many unused and large areas though. I find it more likely the race will be there unless Blizz plans on changing the map.

14. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Recently heard about that excuse (concerning she instead implies it rather than blurts it out loud.

And why would the new race be released in the Eastern Kingdoms? I find it slightly disturbing that Alliance dominate it as of yet and the new race will be implemented there. After all, Kalimdor has its own areas still not discovered. Furbolgs would be my best bet if the Outland theory was discarded (after all, there's a lot of logic how furbolgs can fit in the lore.) Let's not forget the Emerald Dream has yet to be released possibly making room for the furbolg theory.

15. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then what about the blood elves? At the end of TFT they were in with Illidan and the Naga, and were hostile toward both the alliance and the horde. Like the sylvannes' undead (who were, again, hostile towards both), how could they possibly become allied with the horde (or the alliance for that metter, if they changed things around)? Previous alliances dont seem to have any foothold in what goes on in WoW. Its almost like a random shuffle.
    -VGsatomi

16. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Pandaren lifestyle dictates that they prefer the Horde over the Alliance, feeling the Alliance places too much weight on treaties and the like, and the only reason they don't join is that, aside from liking dwarves because they enjoy simular things to the Pandaren

Oh, and then there's Blizzard out and out saying "No" to Pandaren being the new race

17. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mmmmm Elflicious.

The playable Blood Elves are different from Kael'thas' followers. They were in Quel'thalas during the Frozen Throne affair, and never went to Outland, and thus never served Illidan or the Legion. Judging from the fact that Kael'thas is a raid boss, they're not too pleased with him selling his people to demons.

18. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, okay.

wait a minute....now it makes EVEN LESS SENSE on why the'd shack up with the horde.

uughh...

19. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    They need the Horde's help to reach Outland.

You see, the Elves of Quel'thalas still think of Kael'thas as their great leader and perhaps as a saviour of sorts who will lead them back to their former glory. What they don't know is that he's become Illidan's lapdog while they were retaking their homelands.

20. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but then there's the whole "Horde burnt down their homeland once, allied with their worst enemies another time and don't exactly like their magic users" part which I've whined about a fair bit