1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?&quo

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Mecheon, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Blood Elves are demon magic sucking arcane magic addicts yet they've joined the shamanistic Horde

I don't see it too far of a stretch for Furbolgs to join the Alliance. Certaintly a much further stretch for some random race who don't even know of the Alliance's existance, like the Draenei or something, to join rather than Furbolgs joining

2. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    As far as game mechanics go, there will not be any Shaman amongst the Alliances ranks unless the Horde is given access to Paladins.

And just because the Sin'dorei use Arcane and Fel magiks that's not a good reason for them to not be in the Horde. The Forsaken and Orcish warlocks use Fel magic as well and they're allowed in the Horde.

3. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The only reason the Orcish warlocks are allowed in the Horde is because Thrall doesn't want to slaughter each and every one of them

And the Forsaken are on the "barely tolerated" side of things. Hence why they start at "Neutral" rather than "Friendly"

And look, there's a certain type of dwarf that's shamanistic, yet the Alliance has dwarves

4. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    But shamanism isn't something found throughout the entire dwarven race.

5. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No, but arcane corruption is something the Horde are against but it is rampart throughout all Blood Elven culture

So they can just say that this is a non shaman group of Furbolgs and give them druids (Yes, druids are a furbolg class). It'll make up for only 2 pallys or something

I mean, NO race in Warcraft can be a pally anyway

6. Kolabus

Kolabus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol Peeps....im 100% sure the new race will be Draenei...it was confirmed in a magazine...and you can check out the new models of Draenei tents and structures in the 1.9 patch...believe me or not...prepare to play as DRAENEI!!! :D

7. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So, to demolish your fact, I shall check out the 1.9 patch

Firstly, "comfirmed in a magazine" means nothing. Magazines posted stuff about the Undead using mana rather than resources, along with 6 races in RoC. They also posted about this funky hero called the Warlord, and saying that the Shadow Hunter would use only wards

Opps. They were wrong

Secondly, I checked. The only remotely Draenei related buildings I found have been in since the VERY BEGINING of the game.

Opps, you loose

Also, to go for a third assult via location, Draenei are mostly on Draenor. The Dark Portal shall be opened via a quest, simular to Ahn'Quiraj. Except that it involves Khazran and Narraxis. So, the Portal won't be open, which eliminates the possibility of a race living on Outland

Therefore, the race won't be Draenei

Forthly, lorewise, the Alliance and Draenei have had no contact at all. Sure the Draenei hate their former friends, the Orcs, but so do a lot of things. So, due to lack of communication, I declare that Draenei will not be the race

Finally, I declare that due to their alliance with Illidan and their position as a neutral force in an obviously unreleased battleground, the Draenei are allied with Illidan and won't ally with some random Alliance who want him dead

Please learn to make better arguements. I can rip apart such a weak statement in a few seconds

8. Kolabus

Kolabus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Huh?You think you ripped my argument apart?You think? 8) Well gonna bring a link to an official paper sheet enclosing all you wish to know fellow!Coming Soon :twisted:

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Bring it

The fact that all I've said is confirmed by Blizzard sources and common sense is good enough

Oh, and did I mention "Draenei are ugly as sin"? There's another reason why they won't be playable: No one would want to play them

10. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Didn't that magazine retract that statement, saying it was indeed mere speculation on their part and not official?

Anywho, I don't recall the Horde being against arcane addiction.

What do you mean no race can be paladins?

11. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the magazine retracted the statement, but lots of people are very selective readers

The Horde are against the arcane magic, hence why the only reason there are even Warlocks in the Horde is because Thrall doesn't want to kill them off. The Forsaken get through by barely being tolerated to begin with

As for the paladin statement, paladins are VERY different from priests. A priest channals the power that that particular creature worships. Light for the Humans, Loa for Trolls, Elune for Night Elves and so on. However, Paladins are purely Light focused. And there are two, maybe three, races that still worship the light: Humans, dwarves and, by extension, Undead. The Dwarves are recent into the Silver Hand however, and the Undead appear to have given up on it. So there are no more races that could become Paladins simply due to belief systems

12. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they might just make a new hidden race and make their history starting with "they came from a secret island..that no one knew about,except them.."

i hope worgens would...but i dont play wow..but arnt they more of a feral race? like rather than using swords and knifes and talkin to people town, they'd rather hunt stags and disembowl travelers?

pandarans are good..but...they seems to passive.. i mean..the only reason i would think they would help orcs is either a threat on panderia or whatever its called or either for the sake of booze.

and furbolgs..they r too nature like...and NE like..no way would they go for orcs..

13. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Horde isn't against use of the arcane, most of them simply don't use it. If they are against the arcane then explane troll magi.

And there's five Light worshipping races that I can think of, Humans, Dwarves, High Elves, Forsaken, and Blood Elves.

14. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The Horde are against arcane corruption. I'm not too sure about troll mages but I'm questioning their existance in the RPG. But the Horde are definantly against arcane corruption. Which is why they have shamans

And I believe that many Blood Elves "gave up" with the Light. At that, they were never allowed into the Silver Hand

And Wulf, they said they wouldn't add a new race. Worgen are nutcases and unlikely as hell. Pandaren are neutral and confirmed not to be in. Hence, I'm saying that Furbolgs will join the Alliance

15. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Horde may be against arcane corruption, but I don't think they are against use of the arcane, most simply choose not to wield it, or aren't sensitive to it.

And the Sin'dorei may not be members of the Silver Hand, but they still use the Light, hence the availability of the priest class.

16. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I know the Tauren at least are VERY distrusting of anything who uses the Arcane

I'm not too sure if the Blood Elves still worship the Light though. I know a fair few of them got somewhat disenchanted with the idea after the War, simular to what happaned to many Undead

17. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Light isn't something you worship.

Some may have turned away from it, but others still make use of it.

18. Dionesiist2006

Dionesiist2006

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, Mecheon long time, no see. Anyway, I am not here to start another conflict.. :) ..To me, it seems that the draenei will win this contest. + Lore-based hatred of Orcs.
    + Originally from Draenor/Outland, and would fit best in The Burning Crusade Expansion. Share a goal simillar to the Blood Elves to return which fits well with expansion.
    + Rumored to have unmutated version which hasn't been seen before.
    + Draenei Rumor
    + Connection to lost Alliance expedition on Draenor is a possibility.
    + Draenei buildings exist in the same parent directory as human and orc buildings (outland directory). However, one would assume Draenei buildings would be in Outland regardless.
    + Febuary Computer Gaming (http://www.partingvisions.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=60) says directly in print: 'Alliance players will enjoy playing Draenei'. However, this was declared merely speculation by the editor.
    - Stealth abilities too similar to Night Elves.
    - No female Draenei have been previously seen
    - Last known to be allied with Blood Elves, Naga, and Illidan.(Yeah, but there is an article around here... Cannot find it but I read something like this seeing the blood elves that succumbed in demon magic just like the orcs..)

19. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hi. I'll destroy your arguments now, ok?

1. Yes, they hate orcs. They used to be friends with them. Ages ago. But there are HEAPS of things that hate orcs. Not just Draenei
    2. Yeah, originally from Draenor/Outland. Except they don't have a simular goal. The thing is, they're ON Draenor, and Blood Elves aren't. Blood Elves want back to Draenor, and Draenei want to stay there. Therefore, there is no way for the Draenei to join the Alliance, due to no communication
    3. They said it won't be a new race. "hasn't been seen before" implies new race. Also, that was just a convient way for Caydiem to try and say that Garona is half Draenei. But Metzen doesn't agree with her.
    4. Been there, delt with that
    5. Maybe. Or maybe the lost Alliance group attacked them instead, thinking they were demonic hellspawn? At that, they're the LOST expedition for a reason. They have no contact with the Alliance at the moment
    6. Those are Outland buildings. The Orc and Human ones there aren't normal orc or human ones. They're Second War remnants
    7. Magazines said that levels called "Hidden Palace" and "Wood Zone" would be in Sonic 2, but they weren't.
    8. Too simular? More like too imba
    9. Neither have female ogres
    10. Which they still are. They owe Illidan their lives

20. Dionesiist2006

Dionesiist2006

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, all the facts you said are true, but there is more information: "The draenei swore allegiance to Illidan, and for a while, they were... happy..(lol), but seeing that Illidan succumbed in madness, the blood elves delved deep in demon magic (just like the orcs), they became distant from their "allies". And the fact that they hate orcs adds to their possibility to become Alliance members... And not all Draenei are on Outland. Some are in the Swamps of Sorrows (well, almost all have been driven mad by I-don't-know-what reason, but some resisted...)