• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?&quo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Pointers about the new alliance race:

1. An already existing race. So definetely can't be a new race to Warcraft. (as posted by Caydiem)

2. Has a connection with Outland (can't confirm where the rumor originated officially)

3. Must be on Kalimdor (To balance gameplay since Blood Elves are on Eastern Kingdoms.

...whoops, we once more see a reason why draenei have a hard fit on the new alliance race.

Level 11
VG: The new Horde race is Blood Elves. The Alliance has the mystery race. But still, the Pandaren have a shamanistic heritage through their Geomancers, making them disagreeable with the Alliance in terms of game mechanics. Likewise, Furbolgs are shamanistic, so they're also out.

Seagull: That connection to Outland the new race will supposedly have also came from Caydiem, though she tried to cover it up later.

Also, it's only speculation that the new race will be on Kalimdor. Kalimdor actually has few unsed areas, and they're not big enough to support a new capital/race. The Eastern Kingdoms has many unused and large areas though. I find it more likely the race will be there unless Blizz plans on changing the map.

Level 12
Lord Finarfin said:
Seagull: That connection to Outland the new race will supposedly have also came from Caydiem, though she tried to cover it up later.

Also, it's only speculation that the new race will be on Kalimdor. Kalimdor actually has few unsed areas, and they're not big enough to support a new capital/race. The Eastern Kingdoms has many unused and large areas though. I find it more likely the race will be there unless Blizz plans on changing the map.

Recently heard about that excuse (concerning she instead implies it rather than blurts it out loud.

And why would the new race be released in the Eastern Kingdoms? I find it slightly disturbing that Alliance dominate it as of yet and the new race will be implemented there. After all, Kalimdor has its own areas still not discovered. Furbolgs would be my best bet if the Outland theory was discarded (after all, there's a lot of logic how furbolgs can fit in the lore.) Let's not forget the Emerald Dream has yet to be released possibly making room for the furbolg theory.

Level 22
Pandaren are neutral. That's always been my counterargument

Then what about the blood elves? At the end of TFT they were in with Illidan and the Naga, and were hostile toward both the alliance and the horde. Like the sylvannes' undead (who were, again, hostile towards both), how could they possibly become allied with the horde (or the alliance for that metter, if they changed things around)? Previous alliances dont seem to have any foothold in what goes on in WoW. Its almost like a random shuffle.
-VGsatomi

Level 25
Pandaren lifestyle dictates that they prefer the Horde over the Alliance, feeling the Alliance places too much weight on treaties and the like, and the only reason they don't join is that, aside from liking dwarves because they enjoy simular things to the Pandaren

Oh, and then there's Blizzard out and out saying "No" to Pandaren being the new race

Level 11
VGsatomi said:
Pandaren are neutral. That's always been my counterargument

Then what about the blood elves? At the end of TFT they were in with Illidan and the Naga, and were hostile toward both the alliance and the horde. Like the sylvannes' undead (who were, again, hostile towards both), how could they possibly become allied with the horde (or the alliance for that metter, if they changed things around)? Previous alliances dont seem to have any foothold in what goes on in WoW. Its almost like a random shuffle.
-VGsatomi

Mmmmm Elflicious.

The playable Blood Elves are different from Kael'thas' followers. They were in Quel'thalas during the Frozen Throne affair, and never went to Outland, and thus never served Illidan or the Legion. Judging from the fact that Kael'thas is a raid boss, they're not too pleased with him selling his people to demons.

Level 11
They need the Horde's help to reach Outland.

You see, the Elves of Quel'thalas still think of Kael'thas as their great leader and perhaps as a saviour of sorts who will lead them back to their former glory. What they don't know is that he's become Illidan's lapdog while they were retaking their homelands.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Lord Finarfin said:

You see, the Elves of Quel'thalas still think of Kael'thas as their great leader and perhaps as a saviour of sorts who will lead them back to their former glory. What they don't know is that he's become Illidan's lapdog while they were retaking their homelands.

And what happens when they find out that the Sunstrider became Illidan's "lapdog"? They just return to Quel'Thalas and sit there waiting? :-/

Mecheon said:
Yeah, but then there's the whole "Horde burnt down their homeland once, allied with their worst enemies another time and don't exactly like their magic users" part which I've whined about a fair bit

True, if I recall, the Horde and the High Elves had a big conflict in Quel'Thalas; Gul'Dan was seeking the Runestone if my memory serves. But if the Blood Elves are using Fel and Arcane magic, why were they allowed in the Horde?

Level 11
Rui said:
Lord Finarfin said:

And what happens when they find out that the Sunstrider became Illidan's "lapdog"? They just return to Quel'Thalas and sit there waiting? :-/

Certainly not. Perhaps you've not noticed, but Kael'thas is slated to be a raid boss in the expansion. The Blood Elves will likely kill him for revenge on what he's done.

Rui said:
Mecheon said:
Yeah, but then there's the whole "Horde burnt down their homeland once, allied with their worst enemies another time and don't exactly like their magic users" part which I've whined about a fair bit

True, if I recall, the Horde and the High Elves had a big conflict in Quel'Thalas; Gul'Dan was seeking the Runestone if my memory serves. But if the Blood Elves are using Fel and Arcane magic, why were they allowed in the Horde?

The Blood Elves apparently have something the Horde needs. They more or less need each other right now.

Level 25
RabbidWolf said:
Why do people have to guess with theiry nerdy history of WarCraft, I'm sorry but come on people, don't we have lives? Just quit guessing and wait until the friggin expansion comes out then we'll all know, god...

Because for some people its fun

Yes, we have lives. We just have different pasttimes

Level 3
I really don't think Draeni will be the new race,or Panderans.Dunno what else it could be though.

Also, Did any1 else go on the Burning Crusade Website on April 1st? It said wisps for godssake.I almost believed it for a second. :shock: :D

This is Never Gonna happen but Blizzard should make a new faction altogether.With the demons.
-Undead (get em outta the horde :evil: )
-Eredar
-Red Orcs
-The Demon aligned Blood Elves
Would be cool but,like i said,never gon' happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.