• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren joining the Alliance: Yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Let's talk about this: many say that if ever Pandaren are created they will join the Alliance. But how could it be?

Let's see this: Pandarens are a race with strong shamanic culture. Shamans for the Alliance almost ruined the lore as a Draenei just heard the voices of the wild.

They are also druids. We have druids for both Horde and Alliance. So we need a race for the horde with druids. New race. But what?

1. We can't even think of Tuskarr as they are a race that is neutral and with homeland in a lvl 70-80 zone
2. We can't think for Furbolgs as they are allies of the Kaldorei
3. Centaurs are surely not-to-be a playable class!
4. Human druids are existing in Warcraft (thought in lore) but Human for Alliance and Human for Horde is being messy.
5. Some talk for Naga druids but Naga serve to the old gods, they are amphibious race and surely are not joining the Horde.
6. Some people talk that in WoW lore there are High Elven druids. Right, but:
a) they are druid-magis. Not druids.
b) High Elves, not Blood Elves.
c) There WERE, not there ARE!
d) BE don't have warriors not because there are no warriors for their race (just see the Swordsman from the BE campaign in WC3: TFT) but because to limit the classes available for BEs.

So Pandarens can't join the Alliance... but can they join the Horde?
Let's see: we then need a race with druids for the Allies. What's that race?
1. We showed that Tuskarrs will never become playable.
2. Furbolgs were friends of the NEs
3. Centaurs are surely not-to-be a playable class!
4. Human druids are existing in Warcraft (thought in lore) so there can be a new class for Humans!
5. Naga are all-time enemies of the Night Elves (except Illidan)
6. High Elves had, not have druids!

So we have 2 ways to make a second race with druids for Alliance, which means that Pandarens can join the Horde.

Also let's not forget that Chen Stormstout joined the Horde!

Level 2
Though it would be cool if pandarens and golbins were available for both sides. Kinda like "mercenary" races: any side can pick them, but you can't change side all the time.

That'd be awesome, but I don't think it would happen. It'd be confusing, too, having Goblins and Pandas running around fighting both with and against you in a battleground.

Level 2
About as confusing as finding goblin mercenary units fighting against each other in a warcraft 3 game.

There's only 3 types of Goblin Mercenaries:
Sappers
Shredders
Zeppelins

All of which get the team colour of the player who hires them.
In WoW, there is no team colour. The only distinguishing factor between two players is their gear, and since at level 70 the PvP gear is the same for both sides, it'd be very confusing.

If you're Horde, and see something tiny running at you, you know it's a Gnome. If there are Goblins, you might get confused and accidentally punt one that's aligned with the Horde. :xxd:

Level 2
Eh.
Problems

1/ Humans being Druids just woudn't work, even if it does for Lore. Not only do they have far enough classes as it is, but, 99% of people won't see it fit.

2/ Why does having another Druid on Alliance side mean there has to be one on Horde?

For example. Warriors ;

Alliance (5) : Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Dranei, Night Elf
Horde (4) : Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead

There isn't equal balancing of the classes on each side. ^^

Level 26
There's only 3 types of Goblin Mercenaries:
Sappers
Shredders
Zeppelins
Tinkers?
All of which get the team colour of the player who hires them.
In WoW, there is no team colour. The only distinguishing factor between two players is their gear, and since at level 70 the PvP gear is the same for both sides, it'd be very confusing.
Just look at the info over their head ffs.
If you're Horde, and see something tiny running at you, you know it's a Gnome. If there are Goblins, you might get confused and accidentally punt one that's aligned with the Horde. :xxd:
Idiotic.

Level 2
Ok, I guess Tinkers are Goblins too, and if you wanna be really pedantic, so's the Alchemist.
I assumed you/they just meant the Goblins you buy from the Goblin Laboratory.
Just look at the info over their head ffs.
Sure, if you want.
More like Satire of the situation, but alright, whatever floats your boat.
There's no need to be rude, by the way.

Also, how on earth would they explain the Lore behind that?
The Pandarens are a peace-loving society, who are by nature solitary, and don't get involved in the war of the Alliance and the Horde on more than a personal basis, while the Goblins feel that they'll benefit more from the war by being a neutral party. It just wouldn't work.

Level 26
There's no need to be rude, by the way.
Rude is my maiden name.
Also, how on earth would they explain the Lore behind that?
The Pandarens are a peace-loving society, who are by nature solitary, and don't get involved in the war of the Alliance and the Horde on more than a personal basis,
There are some that fight.
while the Goblins feel that they'll benefit more from the war by being a neutral party. It just wouldn't work.
Hence the point of a neutral/mercenary party? They would be perfectly willing to fight for either side, if the price is right.

Level 2
Rude is my maiden name.
So is that MyRudeSpaceBarBroke, or MySpaceRudeBarBroke? :p
There are some that fight.
Yeah, there are some, but it's more of an individual decision rather than the whole species picking a side, or rather not.

Hrmm, that actually supports a neutral faction >.<
Hence the point of a neutral/mercenary party? They would be perfectly willing to fight for either side, if the price is right.
What I meant by that was that they feel they'll make more money by continuing to harbor (and sell to) both Factions, rather than fighting for one and killing the other.

I just can't see it working from a lore standpoint, and it'd take a lot of work to do, so it won't be happening for a while.

Level 26
What I meant by that was that they feel they'll make more money by continuing to harbor (and sell to) both Factions, rather than fighting for one and killing the other.

I just can't see it working from a lore standpoint, and it'd take a lot of work to do, so it won't be happening for a while.
Well, when you buy a Tinker, he's with you forever, right?

Level 45
WHEN RILLED!

and also Draenei are PEACE, not NATURE lovers!

I was pretty much talking about NE and Taurens, but Draenei still have a linking with nature and such aspects as there are Hunters and Shamans and their refuge world of Draenor having forests and such. Their fellow Broken named Nobundo carried on and pretty much birthed those 2 class aspects but I personally believe their old friends the orcs shared their shamanic views with them as the orcs were deeply into shamanism before they were corrupted and were close friends to eachother.

Taurens are not PEACE lovers, they are with the Earth mother which is an aspect/force/deity/ spirit of nature, basically the circle of life which is not about PEACE and GOOD but balance and respect to that balance, they may have some peaceful tribes (bloodhoof that has seeked a peaceful alliance with the horde) but most of the rest are hostile (since most races want to disrupt the balance in the tribes eyes).

http://www.wowwiki.com/Earthmother
"The Earth Mother is the tauren ideal of all the spirits of nature. The Earth Mother lives in the rivers, trees, plains and mountains of Azeroth. She is the embodiment of nature"

The NE are mainly involved in druidism (Cenarius also taught the taurens the path of druidism) and fierce hunters who go under Elune which is linked to the Taurens Earth Mother (, by being her left eye) so they too go under worshiping the aspect of BALANCE, not PEACE and will go towards warfare if either of them races find there is a threat to the balance.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Elune
"Elune is the major deity worshiped by the night elves. She is associated with the larger of Azeroth's two moons, the White Lady, and is the biological mother of Cenarius. In Tauren mythology, she is known as Mu'sha, and is the left eye of the Earthmother."

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Actually no.

First of all, Draenei are descendants of the Eredar, which before the corruption were indeed a brilliant and organized community but only because there was not much competition for ruling Argus...

Second, Draenei are taught in the Light, which promotes not peace, rather strength and honor in battle. Draenei have never known peace. Their whole life was spent throughout space, telleporting from one spot to another, constantly chased by hordes of demons.

So yeah, Draenei don't want peace. Even the Naaru never wanted peace. Both fractions want or even need one thing: the utter destruction and banishment of the Burning Legion...

Level 11
If they will be alliance, then goblins should be hordes :p
Or sumthin' like that.

Goblins would never join sides, they are sly, and their neutral
They are making profit from the war, and also they have neutral towns all over the map (such as cross roads or something like that) and if they become horde, they would have more towns

Level 6
Goblins would never join sides, they are sly, and their neutral
They are making profit from the war, and also they have neutral towns all over the map (such as cross roads or something like that) and if they become horde, they would have more towns
It's Ratchet, not Crossroads that belongs to the goblins, and Booty bay,
Gadgetzan nad Area 52 etc..

Level 1
This is pretty interesting, i thought there was an event back when wow first started, that involved pandereans giving fast chinese food or something lol, what classes do you think they would have other then druids and shamans??

Level 13
Mostly the only Pandarens which travel around are the Brewmasters, searching for "materials" to make new and better drinks.

Level 34
There are no recollections of Goblins ever wielding magic or the need to, so I don't know how you can see it.

I know, but I can picture them doing magic, and if they did I could picture them as priests, not paladins.

Level 13
But Pandarens joining the Alliance...

I've seen Pandarens in the Horde and in the Illidari factions, but in the Alliance was only in the second war, and only one fight between the Blackrock Orcs and the dwarves.
Pandarens have more friends with the Alliance, especially with the dwarves due to their love for ale.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren is a good article for more information, especially the Pandaren Relations part.

Status
Not open for further replies.