• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW New Races?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Murloc for the Alliance.

Critters for Horde.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Please say you didn't take me seriously.

Level 36
Yes, that's the problem. WoW doesn't need any more races. Adding Blood Elves and Draenei was even a bad idea (the way they did it was, anyway, reversing their alliances). You know why? Because every other race is strictly neutral in WC3. To put them into WoW means that they would have to make them chose a side. To choose a side would interfere with lore when a historically neutral faction decides to pick a side. It would make a lot of people very unhappy about how Blizzard is stretching the Warcraft lore in order to fit their crazy ideas to please the WoW fans. I don't want any more races, Blizzard has screwed up the lore badly enough so far, I don't want it to get any worse.

Level 8
okay this thread died. i know exactly what you are saying Brad i just wanted to think about what other people thought.
*EDIT* Chriz. No i didn't take you seriously. I just remember when people actually though Murloc would be put in and I was just making sure you weren't one of those people. (no offense)

Level 14
Yes, that's the problem. WoW doesn't need any more races. Adding Blood Elves and Draenei was even a bad idea (the way they did it was, anyway, reversing their alliances). You know why? Because every other race is strictly neutral in WC3. To put them into WoW means that they would have to make them chose a side. To choose a side would interfere with lore when a historically neutral faction decides to pick a side. It would make a lot of people very unhappy about how Blizzard is stretching the Warcraft lore in order to fit their crazy ideas to please the WoW fans. I don't want any more races, Blizzard has screwed up the lore badly enough so far, I don't want it to get any worse.
Not really... it is possible to find new races... for example, you could play as nagas easily on horde (btw naga character models are in-game, starting point near Azshara), high elves on alliance (yep I know there are blood elves, but high elves could start near Hinterlands)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Goblin mount could be.... (looks at avatar.)

Level 8
lolz. goblins on motorcycles. that'd be sick.

Alliance:
Human
Dwarf
Night Elf
Gnome
High Elf
Pandaren

Horde :
Orc
Troll
Tauren
Undead
Goblin
Naga

there we go. That works
*EDIT* and about mounts we could have orange tigers for the Pandaren and Japanese Dragons as their flying mounts. motorcycles and small flying machines for goblins. no naga land mount because they can swim and those
Couatl as their flying mounts. Horses and DragonEagles for the Highelves.

Level 4
Panderen if they were too choose a Faction would probably be Horde. Its been hinted that the Pandaren are more Pro Horde when you have Chen following you around. I think before he leaves he says something about mentioning the Horde ways too the Pandarern.

Level 18
Actually no
There are high elves left
Blood Elves are the larger faction of high elves who have a greater magic addiction than High Elves.
High Elves control their magic addiction WAYYY more, notice they have no glowing green eyes

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The Blood Elves led by Kael'Thas left the Alliance to join Illidan and his crew of Naga, but there are some High Elves who remained loyal to the Alliance, if I'm not wrong, most of them are in the company of an half-elf, daughter of Admiral Daelin Proudmoore and another high elf who lived in Dalaran, they had meetings often and that half-elf was eventually born from them. When Arthas assaulted Dalaran, the mother of the half-elf died.

When Admiral Proudmoore tryed to convince her half-elf daughter that the kingdom was lost to the Scourge, she called him coward and decided to stay on Lordaeron.

Level 14
There are few high elves left, especially in Hinterlands. What else? Furbolgs can be added easily as new alliance race with classes like Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Priest, Mage. Pandarens are neutral, they should be a neutral city like Gadgetzan/Ratchet/Everlook. Forest Trolls for horde.

Level 14
Forest Trolls = No.
Thrall has hated the forest trolls for leaving the horde in the other war.
EDIT: plus, the panderans love the dwarfs since they both share their one true love, booze.
If Blood Elves (ELVES) can be allied with Forsaken (UNDEADS), then forest trolls can join the horde. Pandarens love the dwarVES, but Chen Stormstout joined Orcs during the building of Orgrimmar

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If Forest Trolls joined with a faction that would be the Alliance against the Blood Elves. But the Horde?

-Thrall dislikes the Forest Trolls for abandoning the Horde. Quote: "Forest Trolls. I can't believe they were ever a part of the Horde."
-Sylvanas was once a high elf, thus sharing their same fate. Quote: "Forest Trolls! I hate them even more than those cursed Dreadlords!"
-Blood Elves are High Elves, after all, and the High Elves were at war with the Forest Trolls in early years.

Adding Naga to Alliance against their Blood Elf allies would be most unwise as well. You can stop suggesting creeps and critters to join the Alliance, if TBC's new Alliance race was such a mystery, and such a surprise, I wonder if they'll even reveal it before the releasing of a supposedly further expansion for WoW.

Level 7
I don't think Blizzard is plannig to add new races.
But I tough that... Blizzard would make new class instead! Yes!
I have 2 in mind: Death Knight (Anti pally) and Spellbreaker (Anti Mage/Warlock/Druid/Priest)

What do you think of that?
And btw, the Naga were High Elf before, so they have the same root as Night Elf and Blood Elf.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Some believed Spell Breaker would be a new class for Blood Elves, but they were wrong. I don't think Blizzard plans to add new races, classes or anything else.

At moment, the Furbolgs are the only race that could get in. Unless Blizzard comes up with anything else as they did for the Ere-Draenei.

Level 25
TREMBLE MORTALS, AND DISPAIR. DOOM HAS COME TO THIS TOPIC

... Or lore. Lets stick with "Lore has come to this topic"

Anywho, destroying your post time...

95% of all the High Elves pre-Third War are dead. 3% of the remaining are Blood Elves. That leaves you with not a lot of High Elves

No. The Pandaren are pure neutral. They dislike the Alliance's entire government structure and are closer to the Horde, but aren't gonna join them either

Oh yes, because the Horde are SO buddy-buddy with a bunch of Old God serving evil snake-men who assult their coastal towns and want to wipe them all off the face of Azeroth

That was sarcasmn if you couldn't tell

there we go. That works
Not really, no. The only things which worked were the Goblins, and only then if they're a Horde-supporting cartel, an idea I've formulated over much thinking and poking of the lore

Anywho, things which can work due to the lore? Lesse now...

Polar Furbolgs for Horde, joining the Horde due to shamanistic ways and desire to see Dwarves gotten off Northrend in order to stop them going onto their lands and digging up everywhere, ala Tauren. Other Furbolgs could go either way I guess, but the Polar Furbolgs are ones who have a reason to join the Horde

Nerubians for the Alliance, joining as an alliance of convience. Nerubians share simular habitats to dwarves, and like the humans have suffered MASSIVE losses to the Scourge. Odds of them joining the Horde, who just happen to have a bunch of undead? Yeah right. They're gonna join the Alliance and try to wipe every undead in the world off the map

Dark Trolls for Alliance, made friendship with the Night Elves during the battle of Mount Hyjal and now seak to emulate them or something, believe Forsaken are an abberation of nature or likewise

Goblins for the Horde, a new Horde-serving cartel comes from the Undermine and chooses to offer its services entirely to the Horde, in an attempt to run the gnomes out of business now that they've lost Gnomeregan and are at their weakest

As for classes... Necrolyte (Multiple-summon controling type) and Runemaster (Unarmed self-buffer unarmoured type, relying on runes and stuff to be more powerful). Death Knights are corrupted Paladins (Or Necrolytes/Warlocks inhabbiting the bodies of paladins), while Spellbreakers really can't be expanded on very well other than "Hai I gots ur buffz"

Last edited:
Level 4
Right now I dont think theres going too be any races joining either faction anytime soon. There additon of most of the availble races would add alot of confusion and cheeseyness factor too both sides, not too mention most of the Community for Warcraft would have a big thing too complain about.

I think right now they may just have too make some new races that meet the needs of either faction.

Level 14
come on... they can't add new classes because of balance issues...

also... did anyone notice that the new races' racials SUCK? compare Gift of Naaru/Arcane Torrent to racials like Will of Forsaken, Warstomp, that gnome ability forgot the name etc >.>

Level 36
Dude what are you talking about? The Blood Elf racials WTFPWN everything. They are amazing. But yeah, I agree. Blizz is having a hard enough time balancing the game as it is (following the pattern where they take a moderately underpowered class, overbuff it to the max and then nerf it 6 feet into the ground so that they're worse off then they were to begin with [druid, priest anyone?] and then the cycle repeats itself.) Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.