• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW New Races?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was just thinking about what Races in warcraft could become new playable races in World of Warcraft... like Pandarens (for Alliance)? Goblins (the Horde needs little people like the Gnomes)? Naga? (Horde) I'm just wondering what you guys think.
Goblins are neutral creatures.
And I heard (sounds kinda like bs, but it may be true) that China will sue Blizzard if they add Pandarens as a race because Pandas are endangered and they dont want pandas dieing in a game (or something like that).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
There was a story 'round that the creator of the Pandarens got fired from Blizzard or something.

And China would only beat the hell out of Blizzard if the WHOLE population came with spears and stackes after them. xD that would be fun to see.

Level 36
That would indeed be fun to see, but remember, you have 9 million rabid WoW fans defending Blizzard, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEIR RABID POWERS. When driven into a frenzy such as this, WoW players can become erratic and violent, and the Chinese better watch out :p As well, a good number of WoW's population are Chinese, be them farmers or not, and that would allow Blizzard to corruptm from the INSIDE. Blizzard vs. China, I think Blizz would win.

Level 25
Goblins are neutral creatures.

Once again, Horde-supporting cartel

And I heard (sounds kinda like bs, but it may be true) that China will sue Blizzard if they add Pandarens as a race because Pandas are endangered and they dont want pandas dieing in a game (or something like that).

BS propaganda put out by Pandaren supporters not wishing to face the truth about Pandaren never becoming a playable race because, GASP, they're neutral

Level 36
LOL not even close, buddy. My highest level is a 37. I hardly EVER play. Like this week, I haven't played at all.... period. I'm not even close to being addicted, as I hate questing and basically run instances or just flat out grind to get XP. I'm certainly not a noob, I know how to play the game quite well (I rape face at PVP lol) but I just don't play... the addiction that drives like every other WoW player on the face of the earth just doesn't reside in me... basically, my friend, who's been playing as long as I have, has 3 60's and a level 70. His played time on that 70 is 80 days. Another friend, who just got perma banned, the poor bastard, had 100 days down on his 70. THAT, my friend, is obsession, but 5 days played time on my lowly 37, well, that's not obsession at all lol.

Level 2
New Expansion : World of Warcraft : Wrath of the Scourge

New Horde: Pandaren (helped the horde once)

New Alliance: Tuskarr (fit in the expansion and are not very evil they hate undead so they would never join the horde)

Level 3
The new wow races are cool but it still doesn't make me want to play the game considering it cost monthly and i rather not pay for a game when you already have to buy the game although i do understand that you have to pay for servers most likely and all that but isnt the company rich enought? they would get more money just letting it be free online playing.

Level 36
They don't need more players. Every 3 -4 months, another 500 thousand people start playing WoW. Right now, their total playerbase is near to 10 million players.

TEN MILLION PLAYERS! Each of them paying 15 US dollars a month to play their game. Why get more players to pay $60 once, when you can get 10 million of them to pay 15 dollars EVERY month.

That's 150 million dollars a month that Blizzard makes, FYI, if you can't do the math.

Why let more players play the game when they can make more money?

It's a simple capitalist idealogy. When choosing between the people, and the money, the money always comes first.

Especially when said corporation happens to Capitalism Incarnate (AKA Blizzard)

Level 26
New Horde: Pandaren (helped the horde once)
Yes, they helped Rexxar and such, but they have helped both sides many times, and they are usually neutral anyways.
WoWWiki said:
The Pandaren have liked most of the other independent races they have met. Deciding to remain neutral themselves, they appreciate the other races' reasons for standing safely in the middle. They, understandly, identify more with the races that they have philosophies in common with. Some pandaren spent many months recently with the furbolgs, learning of their simple life in Ashenvale Forest. They sympthize with the half-orcs they have met, and simply do not understand the goblins. They, like the other races of the continent, do not care for the blood elves and naga (there are exceptions as one was last seen fighting alongside the sin'dorei). The trolls are puzzling, as they practice divine magic, but for evil purposes, which doesn't coincide with the pandaren philosphy.

Though they are fond of the dwarves, it doesn't put the Pandaren in a likely position to join the Alliance any time soon. They feel the Alliance gives too much weight to politics, treaties and arcane magic when, really, all one needs to do is step outside one's door, taste the air, feel the earth and take one's cues from there. Overall, the Alliance is unnecessarily complicated for the pandaren, and although they do enjoy visiting Theramore (especially for the taverns), they don't plan on setting up homes there any time soon.

They also have much in common with the Horde when it comes to spirituality, but they are unlikely to join their forces either. The Horde is formed of races in the midst of healing, the Pandaren believe, and they need to find themselves before they can allow anyone else to join their fold. Though they do respect shamans because of their similiar beliefs.

Level 6
In my personal opinion, there must be much more questing and level raising before Blizzard ever takes WoW to Northrend. Considering even Blizzard said it would take a 60 man raid, all at level 70 to kill Arthas.. I highly doubt Northrend will be in the next expansion.

I believe either the "Sunken Islands and the Maelstrom" will be next or the Emerald Dream. Maybe at level 80 we'll be able to take Arthas with a reasonable raid group.

Level 36
Much less, but we're just talking price for land. Too buy the amount of land equivalent to the size of Australia, three trillion dollars.

Aka, Blizzard just has to save up for 20 months, and then it's all theirs.

Correct my math if its wrong, but three trillion divided by 150 billion dollars a month= 20 months

Level 26
Much less, but we're just talking price for land. Too buy the amount of land equivalent to the size of Australia, three trillion dollars.

Aka, Blizzard just has to save up for 20 months, and then it's all theirs.

Correct my math if its wrong, but three trillion divided by 150 billion dollars a month= 20 months
So chances are, Blizzard can make a piggy bank that can take over the world?

Level 2
Hmmm one race has been hiding underground!

thx for the wowiki link but I really think that Dark Trolls should join the Alliance. they would be really cool. and maybe centaur or something. all these races are cool.
*maybe Blizzard could discover a new race that has been hidden for a long time underground!* lolz

Nerubians perhaps...

Level 26
well damn. This seems to be a big topic ^_^

after many hours of playing WoW I think they should add some races to the pack!

Alliance =
the Trolls that allied with the NE (to add a MONSTERY race for the goodguys)
Horde =
Goblin! (Horde Players want short people too!)
Idunno.. while goblins are perfectly plausible hordies, having trolls twice seems a little.. ungoodly.

Level 7
Actually no
There are high elves left
Blood Elves are the larger faction of high elves who have a greater magic addiction than High Elves.
High Elves control their magic addiction WAYYY more, notice they have no glowing green eyes

Actually no, Brad.Dude was right, highelf got pwned by arthas and the survivors of the highelf race dubbed themselves bloodelf. If you don't believe mme play the campaign, or use common sense... Why can humans use bloodelf in wc3 melee and not highelfs? exactly.

But what they could do is have some plot where they find some highelf survivors, (only a small village of about 500 or so of them) and that all that remains of there destroyed race. You hen have to be a highelf and restore there former glory etc....

Edit: Ogres would be cool to, or maybe some furbolg that escaped the curroptive force that turned there kinn mad?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes. For god's sake, High Elves are not dead. Arthas killed 90% of them. 7% turned Blood Elves, the other 3% did not change.

And the green glow on the eyes is probably a result of demonic magic, Fel Orcs had that green glow too, if I remember right.

Level 7
Yeah that really adds up. 90% died, 4% bloodelf and 1% high elf huh? So this other 5% just ran off and joined the Communist Revolution did they?

Learn 2 math.

I was aplying that 95% were killed off... Simple logic could've told you that... And keep in mind I never said how many died off... So good job! "Resident full of himself" or "resident dumass" would have worked better.

And THE END, lol I would've preffered you being the "smart ass" there as Brad seems to have a little more witt to him then you. No offense.

o_O

Level 36
But 95% didn't die. I'm going to take Mecheon's numbers over yours, thanks, since he seems to know a assload more about this then you, me, or just about everyone else for that matter. If you wanna argue about his numbers, let him know, and i'm sure he'd be glad to break out his lore knowledge and pwn you into the ground lol.

Level 7
I looked hard for some number but all i got was this over and over again.

Wikepidia told it the shortest: During the Reign of Chaos, Quel'Thalas was attacked by the Undead Scourge, led by the corrupt Prince Arthas, who needed the energies of the Elves' Sunwell to revive the slain Necromancer Kel'Thuzad. The Elves, led by the courageous ranger general Sylvanas Windrunner, fought long and hard against the Scourge at every step, but the Scourge were ultimately triumphant and brutally destroyed the Elves' nation, sacking Silvermoon and killing all within it. Soon after this, the city of Dalaran, which was home to the second-highest population of High Elves on Azeroth, was also destroyed.

The survivors of Quel'Thalas, led by Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, burned the forests of their kingdom to spite the Scourge. They rejoined the Alliance remnants in Dalaran and renamed themselves the Blood Elves dressing in blood red garments as a reminder of their fallen brethren. The Blood Elves were eventually shunned and left the Alliance to join with the Naga under Illidan Stormrage. In return for their loyalty, Illidan taught the Blood Elves how to master demonic Fel energy to sate their magical addiction and bind demons to their will.

In recent times, the Blood Elves have reclaimed the forests of Quel'thalas and have even sided with the Horde. However, a minority of High Elves, primarily those who fled to Kalimdor with Jaina Proudmoore or lived elsewhere before the fall of Quel'Thalas, refused to court demonic magics and remain loyal to the Alliance.

So there, find me number and ill belive but until then mechs numbers are pure educated guesses, not fact. And THE_END, you talk as if he was insulting me... which I believe he wasnt... are you the site cheerleader or what...

Level 26
About Pandarens I'm sure they would do well for Alliance, but for the rest, I think they're already as Neutral Hostile in WoW.
Pandaren are clearly a neutral race, because they have been helping both sides in many ways. If they joined the alliance, however, goblins should join the horde. An animal race for the Alliance and a techie race for the horde :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.