• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Creeps keep attacking Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
SOLVED: Creeps keep attacking Buildings

Hi there, my problem is the creeps on my map keep on detecting nearby buildings and attack them even though they're not particularly near, I've tried changing the gameplay constants but its not working.
Heres how I've changed the Constants to so far:

Creeps: Guard distance: 150
Guard Return Distance: 500
Guard Return Time (sec): 4.00
Maximum Creep Camp Pathing cells: 26
Radius to notice Building Construction: 150
Radius to Notice Neutral Building use: 150

Now I know the building they keep attacking is further away than 150 so I can't understand why they want to attack it so much.

Last edited:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Unit Editor -> select unit and head to: Combat - Acquisition Range.
That value determinates how far unit "sees" targets and is willing to attack them. Common value among most mobs is 500, so setting 'Radius to notice Building Construction' to 150, works although is being abused by acquisition range of given creep (if it's higher).

Change that one to 150, so problem should be solved without removal of target-structure from "Targets Allowed".

Status
Not open for further replies.