• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep notice enemy building range

Status
Not open for further replies.
PcEohY8

Imgur

Is there any way I can change the range at which hostile units notice an enemy building? I have tried a bunch of stuff and nothing seems to work.

I have changed these gameplay constants:
Combat - Call For Help Range: 300.00
Combat - Call For Help Range, Creeps: 300.00
Creeps - Guard Distance: 1000.00 // Changing this to 100.00 does nothing
Creeps - Guard Return Distance: 1000.00 // Changing this to 100.00 also does nothing
Creeps - Maximum Creep Camp Radius (pathing cells): 1
Creeps - Radius to Notice Building Construction: 100.00
Creeps - Radius to Notice Neutral Building Use: 100.00

The unit's Combat - Acquisition Range is also set to 300.00, down from 500.00.

The result is weird.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That is weird, I read in some older posts that if you have the Gameplay Constants and Acquisition Range setup properly then it should work. Maybe it's a bug with Reforged.

A possible solution would be to remove Structures from the Creep's Combat - Target's Allowed list. Then add it back when they're awake.

The only issue with that is it might prevent Structures from ever waking up the Creeps, even in cases where you would want it to. To fix this you could create a new trigger:

A unit begin's construction -> Pick every Sleeping Neutral Hostile unit within X range of the Structure and order it to attack the Structure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.