• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spawned creeps won't attack buildings with *Attack-Move*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I have a map where waves of creeps come to attack the castle, they walk and attack any units they find along they way just fine, guard distance is set to max, but when they get to the point they were told to attack move to, they ignore the castle, and will only attack the castle if they were already attacked themselves. Can someone help me please

Level 11
How far away is the point you are ordering them to from the castle?
The castle itself may be out of their acquisition range from that particular point.
Of course that doesn't really explain the whole only attacking if they had been attacked themselves.

If you are still running standard melee game scripts in map initialization, that could be causing it.

Not sure, sounds pretty odd. Could also be what Tickles said, may not be enough aggro for them.
Still if it's hostile they should be attacking it..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sounds like the units are owned by one of the neutral players (especially neutral hostile springs to mind). They are hard-coded to have poor structure agro to prevent them being abused in melee by early builder rushes. Without this, they could be used to destroy your enemy by using your builders as the map starts to lure all nearby creep camps to the enemy base at map start before he has any capability to fight them. Since only 1 builder would work, you would have a fully functional base while the enemy will be at best held back several minutes, enough for you to come along with a small starting army and bulldoze them.

I ran into this exact same problem when I tried to make a bad spoof of Azeroth Wars long ago. They would happily kill all units they encountered along the way but completely ignore my buildings. I never did solve it.

I recommend making the enemies one of the players in the range of 0-11 (inclusive) as the neutral slots might have undesired hard-coded mechanics.

The only other solution I can think of might be to give all buildings a weak 1-1 attack every few seconds so that the enemies might think they are combat units and not passive buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.