• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawn waves ignore attacking units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Good morning dear friends,

I've got a problem regarding my wave system.

I periodically spawn units and order them to attack a building. I want them to move/attack the building but, of course, also attack any enemy on their way. Real simple.

This works perfectly fine for the first wave, which finds its way through the map and attacks my hero, when i approach them.

But here's the strange problem now: It doesnt't work for every wave coming afterwards. They just ignore my units and walk straight towards the target building - even if I attack em.

Where could that come from?

PS: I didn't post a trigger here, because its really just "create unit" and "order attack".

Level 1
wow. i read threads for days and in the end its so simple...

seems to work so far! still wondering, why the first wave worked so well, and then out of the sudden...nevermind

thanks a lot buddy, I really aprecciate it. <3

PS: Its amazing for somebody like me, playing wc3 in the early 2000s ,but never touched WE and such, seeing now, that theres still such a vivid community around this old game untill today...

Level 21
Happy to help :psmile:, I was also shocked about this community when I joined a few months ago. I'm still looking for forums where people are this patient, responsive and forgiving (answer your questions nicely pretty much no-matter what ) on other topics (stack overflow are really snooty...).

Status
Not open for further replies.