• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Unit Spawn and move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys i have a problem here in my WE i have created a Unit - Spawn in my map i learned it on youtube and when i tested it works! But i have a few problem related to that
No.1 when my units go to the region where they attack which the region is in the middle of my base they sometimes just ignore my units or like cast one spell or just kill one unit and they will go back to the region where they were made and sometimes keeps backing up when my units attack them.
No.2 those units that spawned in the region are owned by player2 but i have also created an AI for player 2 and i also made Attack Waves but when the units that spawned in the region attacks my ally the units that were attacking was owned by player 2 so all of the units of player 2 attacks together with the spawned units thus they continue sending units in my ally and the attack waves of player 2 are now messed up how do i fix this?

Level 9
I don't understand what you are saying, could you rephrase your question ?
What you said is i have to make them allies right? so what i was thinking about that is i have to make like the player 2 have an ally so player 3 and player2 and 3 are allies now and i have to set the ownership of the spawning units to player 3 since they are now allies and they won't attack each other when the attack groups met up with them so what i have said here:
Isn't its ally gonna do the same thing since it OWNS the attacking units?
What i meant in that is isn't player 3 gonna do the same thing like player 3's troops attack when the attack group attacks my ally since it owns the spawned attack group units?
(That is what i was thinking when you said i have to make them allies)

Level 23
If your player 2 is AI, just make it simple and make the units that spawn/attack region to be player 3. In the place where you give names to the teams, move a few tabs to the right, and you can move team player 3 into the same team and player 2 (assuming you have a player 1, since you might be impossible to make them on the same team if there is no other enemy team). This is the simple way of doing what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.