• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey
Working on the unit spawn for my map Nightshift -AoS-(see signature)!

The Trigger is like this;

• NightEast
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 2 Renegade for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of NightEastSpawn <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
  • NightEast1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters NightEastSpawn <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of NightEast1 <gen>)
[Last one repeive for all regions]

Problems are, the units will, first of all not even attack units they see by the road. The units will move straightforward to the next region.
Also, when the units reach the end region, they start walking back to the first region again ;o

Help please?

PS. Another small bug. When the units start walking back, they will go through the pathing blockers I placed, even though the units otherwise can't get through them.

Level 7
Problems are, the units will, first of all not even attack units they see by the road. The units will move straightforward to the next region.
Also, when the units reach the end region, they start walking back to the first region again ;o

Help please?

PS. Another small bug. When the units start walking back, they will go through the pathing blockers I placed, even though the units otherwise can't get through them.

Is the computer AI on? AI can give units orders even if you've given them triggered orders.

Have you checked their aqusition range? if this is too low the enemy units won;t be within range of their targeting even if theyre within sight radius.

I don't know about pathing blockers the only thing I can suggest is to check the units pathing size.

Level 19
Turn off the guard position of the Player 12 (Brown):
  • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all Player 12 (Brown) units
With this they won't move back or stop attack

And then, you can make the spawn trigger like this:
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 2 <YourUnit> for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of (YourPoint)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of (YourPoint))
With this, every 20 seconds, 2 units will be spawn at a specified point, and they will move & attack to the specified point

Status
Not open for further replies.