• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yogg-Saron Model Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
http://www.wowwiki.com/Yogg-saron

everyone knows our good friend c'thun, well his college buddy, yogg-saron, needs some love too!

giving +rep to anyone who does this

also, in WoW, yogg-saron's whole body is not shown, only his head.

also, if anyone does do this, garshilan made an idea of what his whole body would look like since ony his head is shown in-game (scroll down to see) so he would look more like an octopus

if you find any modelers that would fit him, as far as they are off, feel free to link them.

i know nobody will do this for quiet a while, or do it in a very quick time, but it would be a very useful addition to the model section.

Last edited:
Level 2
only got the head done. Give me your msn cause i wont share this model or put it out on hiveworkshop sorry guys ;)

Level 18
Well... This is my opinion of Yogg-Saron. Made it fast with model viewer
MyopinionYogg.jpg

Level 16
In my head, Yogg-Saron should be an immobile hero. His model should be a shallow Lake :)D) with his head in the middle, and tentacles sprouting outta the lake. That's how he looks in WoW and Concept Arts.

Level 11
1) low_kwaliti's model is immortal. It is almost as good as chuck norris
2) The chances that someone will take the time to make a model like this to make it from scratch and have custom animations is low.
3) It's a big job. But yea, it'll be done. But I doubt it'll be done in such a way that it will match his model.

Level 35
....how do i add a body if it doesn't exist?

You could request a body only :grin: Nah, that aside Hive does not support WoW conversions, so you might want to remove that link again Puncho, as there is a risk of meeting a mod :wink:

I believe I mentioned it - but there is an off chance (very small) that I'll do more then just look at this once my exams are over.

Level 31
You do realize that Yogg is essentially "the old one" model? Hes the same as the old god race. Retexture the old one and boom you have Yogg.

um, saying that he's the same race as the forgotten one so he should look just like him is like saying all humans are the same for being the same race, also he's a old god, the forgotten one is simply a servent, they are all exact looking but the old gods are diverse, unless their servents are mirrors of themselves

Level 23
Time for a lorekeeper to put an end to this.

Old Gods infected Azeroth in the early stage of its development.

Forgotten ones are believed to be a race of servants, however some believe that because of their great power they are avatars of Old Gods. The Forgotten one Arthas fought could has been one of the maws of Yogg-Saron.

Using Forgotten one model for C'thun is perfect(with a skin), but it will never fit Yogg-saron. The only thing in their physiology that is similar is that the most of their bodies are underground and that they can "summon" armies of tentacles.

Yogg-Saron is actually goo with a lot of maws. Thats where the name Beast with a Thousand Maws comes from.

Level 2
Yogg Saron's head is the only part visible, because his body stretches throughout northrend. He's far too big to be a mobile unit.

Level 23
It actually isnt. In WoW you are able to get in his stomach which is a giant room.
Plus who knows how much C'thun there is? However he is very small compared to Ol' Yogg, thats why he was almost killed by the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.