• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 10
Yeah, it can be trained in the capital. (If somebody captures china, he will able to build those MLRS) But I didnt knew about the tooltip bug. Thank for repport.

For next version, I'm looking after somebody with a native fluent english capable of fixing all grammar errors in this map.

OFF TOPIC: Did somebody ever typed WW3 Nuclear Sunrise in google? The map got hosted from Japanese websites to even a NATO related website in the games section :D

Last edited:
Level 27
This gave me a little idea:
When you will finish with fun quests mode, you can do few more:
1. "Against terrorism". All players are allies. Then, they are randomly chosen which country to control, and one is terrorist leader. He has special units, can use ambush and sabotage tactics very efectively. Terrorist must raise "Terror level" to 100%. Country leaders must stop terrorist leader.
2. "Disasters". All countries are fighting just like in normal mode, but sometimes there happens random disaster and everyone must team up or they will die.

Level 6
Off-Topic: Why i can't go to Maps Section? it always says that "Database Error" so i cant upload my map, MY VERY FIRST MAP!!!! T_T........ WWWAAAHHHH!!!!!! How do the site predict that a n00b will upload a map o.0?

EDIT: Yay, it's now working, i can upload my map

Last edited:
Level 3
ciberia is spelled wrong its Siberia. some of the guides appear to not be complete nothing majorly glitchy that affects game play. maybe in the forums we could have a complete guide for new people to have a more detailed guide

Level 3
I did not mean it to sound like you doing it want i was trying to ask is if its possible in the hive hosted forum we have if you could make a thead to were we could right some guides and like you said chose the best out of there and have a thead just for that guide of the best of everyones

Level 10
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-601/guide-for-begginers-129991/#post1148528

Here it is, I started the thread.

For next version, there are gonna be big changes!

On 1.28, Terrain on most parts are going to be remade (mostly with UTM doodads) First of the minigames will be added; on this one, you can find a secret base on south pole, you can get your troops inside, kill the boss, and capture the base: Allowing you to reproduce alien spaceships. Also many new interface icons are going to be added to make game looks less to warcraft 3. I remade the bombing triggers, making bombardments looks more realistic and usefull, and a few other ballance things.

Last edited:
Level 7
I just had a short bask of your map. Its truly great! I feel a bit sorry for the player who gets USA as they have so much to manage. The British player still has a reasonable amount of forces but its much less spread out so their strategy can be more focused. I would also suggest that you increase the sight radius for the units as it does leave the map looking patchy and and allows players who know the map to sneak in forces which should have been detected.

Last edited:
Level 10
I just had a short bask of your map. Its truly great! I feel a bit sorry for the player who gets USA as they have so much to manage. The British player still has a reasonable amount of forces but its much less spread out so their strategy can be more focused. I would also suggest that you increase the sight radius for the units as it does leave the map looking patchy and and allows players who know the map to sneak in forces which should have been detected.

If you think US has much to manage, you should play as Light Blue player (India, Israel, Paquistan, Egypt, Japan and Saudi Arabia). Althrough having a large territory to defend, US has large starting defenses and concentrated territory. lol.
Yes, the sight idea sounds good. Thanks.

Level 3
well don't sweat about it i don't play as russia much any way and yes Ive tried ever version sense tsar bomb was added no luck im trying it on a different comp later so well see

I was messing around with the editor and found out some of it when you build a hi tech building and then upgrade it to a secret research facility it dosent work but if you put it there at the begging of the game can research every thing fine.

Last edited:
Level 11
Well I could do that for you, you know, besides Zerox probably knows that it's your map so I can't say I did it lol, but people will say: Did Ham ever told you can upload on our site and stuff like that?

Tutorial is not that hard, to understand or type.

Screenshot, just push Print Screen so easy isn't it lol. (Of course I'll get the nukes screenshot for the wows.)

Level 9
I think that Brazil its to vulnerable cuz I played with Brazil(my country :smile:)and I lost him in 1 attack of the AI:bored:
and then I tried to take it back with some help of the USA player(lol he send 8 B-52:eekani:)and we taked it back,but I lost him again :angry:(Russia send 1 aicraft carrier and 6 dockships full with vehicles and howitzers)
Well I just wanna say to put some extra units on Brazil just for protection in the start :smile:

Level 10
Well I could do that for you, you know, besides Zerox probably knows that it's your map so I can't say I did it lol, but people will say: Did Ham ever told you can upload on our site and stuff like that?

Tutorial is not that hard, to understand or type.

Screenshot, just push Print Screen so easy isn't it lol. (Of course I'll get the nukes screenshot for the wows.)

I just need help with the tutorial. Screenshoots are easy, but I can only take bot test screenshoots. I would like somebody to take real online gameplay screenshoots.
Well, just help me with tutorials, then I can upload it myself.

I think that Brazil its to vulnerable cuz I played with Brazil(my country :smile:)and I lost him in 1 attack of the AI:bored:
and then I tried to take it back with some help of the USA player(lol he send 8 B-52:eekani:)and we taked it back,but I lost him again :angry:(Russia send 1 aicraft carrier and 6 dockships full with vehicles and howitzers)
Well I just wanna say to put some extra units on Brazil just for protection in the start :smile:
OMG! More defenses? They have the whole country surrounded by bunkers, field cannons and field artilleries. But I think you got pwned so fast because AI's attacks so fast. They already start plenty of factories and barrack and just take 2 months to launch full scale assaults. I have to think about something...

This is a CooL Map .... Do u have any FPS maps ... i wanna play them
Check the Doom map on my sign :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Ham Ham i have discovered a few spelling mistakes in the African countries so ill quickly respell them all for you, Libya,Congo, Ethiopia, Botswana,Rwanda i hope i have helped you all, the above are the correct names.:)

Level 6
Hey Ham Ham, what about a "global radiation level"? I mean when nuke or nuclear power plant explodes, it raises. If it will be very high, all units will be weakened...

There must be a counter against "Global Radiation" something like a suit that can be equip.......... or can be researched(People hate to equip each soldier with items one by one). and the grenades in the barracks are too long to restock.

Level 11
Hey Ham I was playing the map yesterday for screenshots, and while I was playing I encountered a Fatal Error some time in the middle of the game, not exacly sure but I'm guessing it has something to do with massive nuclear missiles sending at me lol (Me Russia, vs North America).

Also a lot of people complain about 2 things when I was playing:
1. The UI is black and they want it to change.
2. They want some kind of system to select more than 12 units, cause when you have a massive army, it's gonna be hard to send them all.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_061909_222832_02.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Last edited: