• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Battalion system used in Godfall Chronicles wouldnt work on this map because it requires 1 computer player for each player. (Players only controls the captains, and troops are computer controled). Since this map is for 10 players, I would require more 10 player slots to make the armies :p
But, Tau Empire, did you told people to use "Load Nearest Infantry" to quickload infantry into APC/IFVs? That gradualy reduces the number of units to be controlled at same time.

I removed UI on version 1.02 because that medieval thing dont fits with a ww3 map. I calculate adding a Starcraft UI would increase the mapsize arround 100 to 200kb. Do you people agree with this?

HFR, I noticed they cant build hospitals because they dont have repair ability. I will fix this making their "race" as orc. Thanks for reporting. +rep

About massive armies problem, what about adding again generals? They can use an ability called "Full Scale Assault" that allows move all nearby units at same time, and one called "Cease Advance" that makes all units stop.

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Do not double post...

Ok, no more veicles...

And playing against only 1 or 2 computers is boring... You can do what you did at Gulf War:

- Make the AI build less units. Ok, the countries are now stronger and bigger, but with a lot of attacks, they can fall.

- Make the AI build PLANES! At least bombers or helicopters.

- Increase the cost of the units. This way, massing is hard to make.

- Make the AI capture the PoWs.

Also, add a "Load all PoWs" at the PoW Camps. It's annoying for a player to manually select the PoWs in the middle of a war. Even using the hotkey (P).

HFR, AI fucks up in ww3 due the mapsize. AI is not good with Epic Sized maps. If you noticed, on Gulf, each AI sends like 40 units per attackwave and game dont lags (exept if you are playing with all 11 AI players)

I will try ordering AI to send helicopters on next version.

Well, EVERY vehicle factory has some vacant spaces. Something like 3 to 5. I would apreciate more vehicle suggestions. The only thing I dont want is more aircraft because Airfields are full.

HFR, Cascavels are not used in military operations anymore. It is a soo outdated vehicle. Urutu too, it canot stand against any contemporany combat vehicles (its better than cascavel by anyways), but brazilian army dont see any need to replace it :p (BLAME LULA!)

Maybe you should add a list of vehicules in the game, cause I already forgot which are in it lol.

Well, you can browse them on the unprotected version I uploaded few posts ago. I would thank a lot if you could make a list of vehicles, and include in the tutorial how to best use them on every player (of course, dont tell every single tactic, because players are supposed to be creative in their tactics. If they have a list with all possibilities, game will not be fun)

Level 11
Brazil has everything since, like Ham says blame Lula lol.

North America
Ticonderoga class cruiser - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticonderoga_class_cruiser , what's fun about cruisers is that they have Tomahawk missiles lol.

Arleigh Burke class Destroyers -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arleigh_Burke_class_destroyer

Coyote Reconnaissance Vehicles- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_Reconnaissance_Vehicle

European Union
Leopard 2A6 (Think you already have it.)
Challenger 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_2

Japan
-Type 90 tanks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_90

Russia (yaa :thumbs_up:)
T-95 Tanks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-95

That's all I can find you might need to create some new ones.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Yeah, it can be even used ingame, but:

- I wonder which model you're gonna use.
- It's a super tank, but remember: the tank cannot be imba. As for example, here are the most powerful tanks:
1) Black Eagle: Highest attack and HP, but low range and very expensive.
2) Leopard 2A6: The highest HP and attack of all MBTs, but rather expensive and a lower range than most of others MBTs.
3) M1A2 Abrams: Decent ammount of HP and attack. Not so expensive, but not so cheap.

As Russia already have the best tank in the game, the T-95 must be at the third or fourth positions.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ok, moar suggestions:

Yesterday, I went to Black Eagle's page at wikipedia, and it says that the project was cancelled... Maybe replacing it with the T-95.

Also, can you give to me a unprotected 1,29 version? I want to add some ground paths between America and Africa/Europe, as the AI doesn't reach there...

Level 6
I want to release it soon as posible. Maybe tomorrow. I still dont worked on newer minigames because first of all I want to finish all techtree ballancing and units stuff, then keep the work going on minigames. Maybe I can add one more (the mad scientist with an Ion Cannnon)

BTW, I'll just rename Black Eagle as T-95 and remake his decritpion :p

Oh, tomorrow!!! i will just get it after school......
Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!!
maybe you can add one every releases....

Level 5
Who said a UFO would be stronger or weaker than human technology?
By todays standards, there is no way to balance a UFO in this game

Level 11
Other than the fact that UFO's has the technology to travel into space, while we're here with satellites only and we only reached Mars, with a drone.

O a funny thing: I've seen the new transformers movie, and the US destroyer has a railgun on it, would be sweet if there really was a railgun on this map.

lol, I really forgot to rename Black Eagle :p
ok, i'll do this on next version.

Here is the update, but Im gonna add veterancy system for units and a few more units I forgot to add on this version.
This one still has lots of new things, including BFGs :D

Hey guys, what you think about the new image preview? Best than older one?

Attachments

• WW3 - NS 1.30 unprotected.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 6
Lol, looks like zombie infection.....

Veterancy system looks like Heroes and Empires by I forgot the name(i really forgot the name)

okay testing it later i better go to school.....

EDIT: I still have 1 hour before school so i cant test it..... maybe later after school 7:40 P.M. Phil. time i will call my friends too to test it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hah, you still have school? That's a bummer. I tested by myself and noticed several misspellings and a number of grammatical issues. I'll take the time to compile all of them some time, or revise them. I noticed at least one bug in game, the most pertinent being perhaps the fact that the Field Medic really doesn't do anything. She can't correctly build the Field Hospital (or whatever it's called) and she can't heal units. The hospital just sits at 80 hp and doesn't get built up, though it does exude a healing aura. I would either give her a "Build Tiny Structure" ability instead or you'd have to give her the ability to repair. Well, the other option is just to give her an actual healing ability (like in StarCraft) and remove the ability to build hospitals. (I mean, does it really make sense that a medic builds the hospital? I'd leave that task to the engineer.) That's all I had time to test before my laptop shut off due to running out of power. I'll go test some other systems and tell you how that goes.

Level 9
I just had a weird idea, that would allow for a grouping/squad system. What if each team was actually just one player with mass shared control? This wouldn't allow for un-alliances though... (unallying doesn't make too much sense though in the face of nuclear annihilation.)