• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 6
Missiles can be intercepted by SAM Sites, but bombs dont(in this game)........... but in real life it think it can be destroyed too while in the air or if the plane that carry the bomb is hit or has been shot down.........

EDIT: Do Fun Quest in 1.27 will be enable???

Level 3
any news from the admins about forum? also encampments don't build properly only encountered this when playing south America nato side also happened with one city when i took it over it moved a little ways name of city escapes me atm

Level 6
EXPERIMENT: Try to capture a city in africa(i forgot the name but it is in a high cliff near Tunisia, but it works on all cities), then build a fortification SUPER close to it, as close as you can.............

EFFECT: Your City will jump to another space/place...... In short city teleportation.

WARNING: Use it at your city's own risk, you can use it if your city is attacked.

It Works all the time for me =)

Level 3
I would like to get us all organized us who post here comment and play the game together also have voice chat would make it really fun and to coordinate i have a ventrilo server for thous if have it or would like to dl it

vent info

ip: 199.0.199.127
port: 3784

my X fire user name is brayden430 any time you guys get in any of these i will host the game most of the time be fun to try get us all there see ya guys in ventrilo or Xfire

1.27 is not ready yet. Hope it will get ready in the next week. For now, I would like to tell some new things to come. I'm not going to tell everything because the changelog is about 25 lines. lol.

The main thing I want to announce is the new capture system. Now soldiers will have morale and when they get with 0, they will surrender, and you are able to capture them. (just like in the attached picture)

Attachments

• capture.JPG
    capture.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 237
Level 6
The main thing I want to announce is the new capture system. Now soldiers will have morale and when they get with 0, they will surrender, and you are able to capture them. (just like in the attached picture)

:razz: :razz: :razz:

but if u do that there will be no War Casualties, i see that they become neutral................ better way if they reach their mana to 0 they dont turn neutral, they can still fight but if they offered redemption they will surrender.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

EDIT: Right, the surrendered soldiers can be work in a POW(Prisoners of War) camp................. uhhhh...... do tanks can surrender............ hmm... sounds like another suggestion........... YEAH, Surrendered Tanks can become neutral and the soldiers driving the tank can become a POW, and u can load ur soldier to a neutral tank and use it so u dont need to buy another tank just steal one.............. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Last edited:
Dai Comrandes!
This morning we tested our new Tzar Bomba! As you can see in these pics, we droped da bomba in the midle of germany, and half europe got smashed! This is a great day for the soviet union! Now we have something to balance against the american B-2s!!

Also, I added spies. Now, you can steal war plans and reproduce some tanks/aircraft from other countries.

but if u do that there will be no War Casualties, i see that they become neutral................ better way if they reach their mana to 0 they dont turn neutral, they can still fight but if they offered redemption they will surrender.
Wrong. Most units dies after the fight. As you can see on that pic, it was a fight against 6 soldiers, and just 2 surrendered. Look arround these guns droped in the ground far from the soldiers.

YEAH, Surrendered Tanks can become neutral and the soldiers driving the tank can become a POW, and u can load ur soldier to a neutral tank and use it so u dont need to buy another tank just steal one.............
Tanks dont surrender. They dont have morale, they have crew. For every time they get hit by heavy fire (bombs, other tanks, etc.) they have 10% to get a crew member dead. If all crew die, the tank will get neutral and can be captured.

Attachments

• Tzar Bomba Droped.JPG
    Tzar Bomba Droped.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 17,108
  • that is supposed to be europe.JPG
    that is supposed to be europe.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,119
Level 6
To Eagle 1........ To Eagle 1, Do you copy............ Drop another Tzar Bomba, The Eiffle Tower is still alive, Repeat Eiffel Tower is still alive...........

:grin: :grin: :grin:

u must make wonders destructible, all wonders can be destroyed in a world war..........

Thats the progress I got so far:

Next Version Current Changelog:

- Added a vehicle damage, infantry morale, and vehicle crew systems (Read the "Mana" Quest).
- Added Tzar Bomba.
- Moved Tunisia and a few other countries to corners, so it wont trap workers you train from there, or the National Guard.
- New Building Added: Espionage HQ.
- New Building Added: Cybernetic Warfare Department.
- Changed capture systems to a better one.
- Removed some buildings on Libia that was blocking the path to Oilfields.
- Fixed description for Zulficar and Warrior.
- Added new icons for Warrior IFV and the Grenadier Soldier.
- Grenades carried by soldiers will now deal 800 extra damage to a bunker and 250 extra damage to a field battery.
- Improved terrain.
- You need infantry to ocupate an enemy country.
- Modified attack/move/stop/patrol icons.
- Artificial Intelligence for All Players added.
- Added Satellites. They are the first space units to be added. You can have 2 kind of satelites: A Espionage Satelite, and a Propaganda Transmitter Satelite. I'm still studing the possibility of adding war satelites.
- Tactical Nukes Added.
- Added Biological weapons. (For China only)

Maybe more to come.
This version comes out on the next days.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Just because I downloaded and played 1.27...

In 1.27, my ally, Brazil, just conquered (yes, he can!) the enemies in South America and then massed tanks andsoldiers in Colombia, stopping there... President Squidward must have fallen asleep xD

Level 4
Possibly the greatest map ive ever played. I dont like the oil truck, if possible change that to an income system where you get income ever X number of seconds. I also dislike how easy it is to get nukes, nukes should cost alot and have a longer build time, and should have to be researched before acquiring.

AI - GREAT allows noob players to practice in single player as it is a little complicated for new players.
Combat - Good, clean and fun
Models and units - the best ive ever seen, combined with awesome icons. makes it feel realistic.
Terrain - excellent terrain

Overall I rate this game a 9/10, One of the best maps ive seen in awhile.

Possibly the greatest map ive ever played. I dont like the oil truck, if possible change that to an income system where you get income ever X number of seconds. I also dislike how easy it is to get nukes, nukes should cost alot and have a longer build time, and should have to be researched before acquiring.

AI - GREAT allows noob players to practice in single player as it is a little complicated for new players.
Combat - Good, clean and fun
Models and units - the best ive ever seen, combined with awesome icons. makes it feel realistic.
Terrain - excellent terrain

Overall I rate this game a 9/10, One of the best maps ive seen in awhile.

Thanks. I think too that nukes are overpowered, but since people like big-scalled nuclear combats, I dont modified their prices. Maybe on next version I'll make them more expensive.

About the Oil Trucks, I added them because people always asked me to make some kind of supply route that could be intercepted, so, if I remove the oil trucks, and make income like, this will vanish. Thats why I cant remove them. ;)

It's 3.2MB!!!

It does like take forever to upload the map when I host the map. Sry but I got very slow internet.

What kind of category is this map under? Altered Melee or Footman like?
Sorry man, but I cant remove anything else. Every single file inside this map is vital for the gameplay.
This is a Conquest-Altered Melee-Modern Warfare Map.

Level 5
This has developed well, There are just a few things i want to suggest.

SUGGESTIONS:

Have a mobile cruise missile launcher! (SCUD, Laith-90, MLRS with Tactical missiles, or FROG-7) Its just a shame having one full silo but no good target to point that missile at in range.

Have all the items sellable in the infantry automated to use.

Teach the AI to build power plants.

Level 6
when it comes out you get a virus?

no, the virus came from my USB not from the map............

and now, i have tested 1.27b........... there are no problems and no bugs.......... but the quests are incomplete........... and wait i dont know how to use the stolen tech from the enemy countries, i give the stolen tech in the secret research facility and nothing happens..........

uhhh........ no mini-games??? or it will come out in the next version???

HFR said:
I downloaded version 1.27b, Brazil got nuked by Bolivia (Is this even possible?) and I couldn't find the Tzar Bomba. It's buyable in that Lumber Mill?

You can buy a Tzar Bomba in the Research Weapon Facility. Ah, also remember, only Russia player can use Tzar Bombas.

DiscoHydra said:
Have a mobile cruise missile launcher! (SCUD, Laith-90, MLRS with Tactical missiles, or FROG-7) Its just a shame having one full silo but no good target to point that missile at in range.
Good sugestion! +rep

pomelito123 said:
and wait i dont know how to use the stolen tech from the enemy countries, i give the stolen tech in the secret research facility and nothing happens..........
Well, drop the stole plans on the secret research facility, then click the unit you stole the plans (B-2 for american plants, Black Eagle for russian plants, J-14 for Chinese plants, and Typhoon for German plants). If you dont have the required plants, you will receive the msg: "You must first steal weapon blueprints from (country) before producing this unit)
Or, wait, wich player you used?

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Only 1 in the 4 main countries. Also, the Russian secret weapon is the Black Eagle, the best tank in the game.

You can buy a Tzar Bomba in the Research Weapon Facility. Ah, also remember, only Russia player can use Tzar Bombas.

You mean "Secret Weapon Facility" (that white dome)? I didn't found any Tzar Bombas in it. Actualy, I didn't found it in all the buildings...

Last edited: