• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 3
i doubt russia would join iran...same goes for china and russia allying lols

*AHEM* politically aside...

the only things that keep this map from being perfect are minor problems (tooltips hotkeys etc)

otherwise its excellent imo 4.9/5

Level 4
i duno why but i hosted the map like 3 min ago and when i pressed an action it responded like 15 sec after, first i thought i had lagg but then other started complaining that their units didnt move untill after like 15 second, strange no1 has complained bout that, otherwise its a pretty cool map, roads r fucking terrible just black, looks like a graphic bug

Level 1
I got the same thing, like, a 1 minute delay on EVERYTHING (building, moving EVERYTHING)

Level 2
very nice, i like the things you've done with the map, i've already told you all the bugs over msn :) and you've fixed most of those so... 5/5

nukes rock :p

Level 4
Pretty fun map, the concept is very well implemented. Although the aircraft fighter/bomber movement patterns really annoyed the heck out of me. Especially because I need to get them to refuel and they seem to be just moving around patrolling. While your aircraft movement system works great when attacking, it could be improved on movement orders.

Also, I have to agree with other people that the map size is too large. This makes hosting this map a problem in battle.net.

Besides those, its a really fun game to play with friends (as new people dont wait for 3mb to load up).

Level 3
the new updates nice..specially the choppers

but sths wrong with australia; the oil fields are placed too far away from the capital building so the supply trucks just try "returning" to indonesia instead.
fix this perhaps?

..and as skullclaimer (and others) said b4, the map size puts a damper on hosting this fine piece of work. perhaps release a protected + optimized version AND a unprotected version like the guys @ Desert Storm III did?

Tau Empire said:
Hey Ham Ham your gonna need a update since Iran launched a satellite yesterday lol. Accually you never did put satellites in it did you?

Hehehe.. I didnt knew about that
I tried to add satellites on 1.16, but it was very buggy (if you search the map imported data, you will find a satellite icon :D). Maybe I ill add them on 1.26

ProfessorZmurge said:
Yeah, but if all opposite team leaves shouldn't you get instant victory?
Hmm.. yeah, it should :p
Thanks for the sugestion.

Guys, I pretend to make a massive update on 1.26, so, I am open to sugestions.

Level 5
Return and improve the circle flight?
Make it so it only happens when the unit is idle.
Add different plane loadouts?
Heavy bombers can have Napalm, High explosive, or cluster, Cruise missile, or REAR gun.
Multirole planes can have gas, cluster, Napalm, HE, AGM, AAM, or gun.
Fighters can have AAM, or gun
Stealth bombers can only have bombs.

Add even more units?
B1-B, A new bomber designed to take the place of the B52, can be armed with AAMs
Tu-160, a New heavy bomber that can go at supersonic speeds.
FROG-7: A single rocket, but heavy damage. Can be armed with a small nuclear warhead.
Laith-90: Iraqi FROG-7 with an increased range with a submunition warhead.
9K22(ZSU-30-2)(SA-19): Upgraded AA system of the Shika. Uses 30mm projectiles instead of 23mm projectiles, and it can also use 9M311 Strela AA missiles

Superweapons, If not implemented.
Russia: Tzar bomb remake, (50MT nuclear bomb.) NOT ACCURATE, Has to be delivered by plane
US: Titan missile system, (35MT nukes, 3 launches) Accurate.
China: Guarag Hong missiles, 1 long range balistic missile, 10 nuke MIRV, 5MT each.
Arabia: Dirty bomb, small explosion, but HEAVY HEAVY radiation.
Africa: Cholera, Spreads among closely packed soldiers, slowly kills unless treated by a hostpital
Cuba + Venezeula: Leftover nuclear missiles from the cuban missile crisis, (Gives 3-5 free nukes, can only be used 30min in game)
South america: The map maker lives in brazil, he'll have to make this up.
Austraila: Shares same superweapon as europe?
Europe: Trident D-5 Nuclear missile.

And for ground ammo switching:
Tanks: KE (Kenetic Explosive) projectile, best agaist tanks. HE, Best against light vehicles and infantry.
MLRS system: Cruise missiles (Single shot, wide damage area), Multi-rocket (Same as vanilla launches.

Level 11
Make it so it only happens when the unit is idle.
Heavy bombers can have Napalm, High explosive, or cluster, Cruise missile, or REAR gun.

Add even more units?
B1-B, A new bomber designed to take the place of the B52, can be armed with AAMs
Tu-160, a New heavy bomber that can go at supersonic speeds.
FROG-7: A single rocket, but heavy damage. Can be armed with a small nuclear warhead.
Laith-90: Iraqi FROG-7 with an increased range with a submunition warhead.
9K22(ZSU-30-2)(SA-19): Upgraded AA system of the Shika. Uses 30mm projectiles instead of 23mm projectiles, and it can also use 9M311 Strela AA missiles

Superweapons, If not implemented.
Russia: Tzar bomb remake, (50MT nuclear bomb.) NOT ACCURATE, Has to be delivered by plane
China: Guarag Hong missiles, 1 long range balistic missile, 10 nuke MIRV, 5MT each.
Africa: Cholera, Spreads among closely packed soldiers, slowly kills unless treated by a hostpital
Cuba + Venezeula: Leftover nuclear missiles from the cuban missile crisis, (Gives 3-5 free nukes, can only be used 30min in game)

And for ground ammo switching:
Tanks: KE (Kenetic Explosive) projectile, best agaist tanks. HE, Best against light vehicles and infantry.
MLRS system: Cruise missiles (Single shot, wide damage area), Multi-rocket (Same as vanilla launches.

Im liking this idea of your's, also you made real modern vehicules and aircraft, why not navy? Like a Victoria-class Submarines, , also add crusiers since I don't think there is a AA ship you've made. Besides cruisers (well atleast the Halifax-class curisers) are anti-air, anti-sub and anti-surface weaponary on it.

Try redoing satellites if it dosen't bug or maybe a moon base with a giant laser on it that targets anywere on the map lol.

That were causing the big memory leaks that you and foammy reported. Noticed that after I removed the circle flight, the leak stoped?

Hmm.. good thing to think about.

I'll make the possible to implement it.

I think the MLRS idea nice, but not the tank one. If I do it, the players will have no more reason to use anti-tank units, like towed howitzers and IFVs.

Im liking this idea of your's, also you made real modern vehicules and aircraft, why not navy? Like a Victoria-class Submarines, , also add crusiers since I don't think there is a AA ship you've made. Besides cruisers (well atleast the Halifax-class curisers) are anti-air, anti-sub and anti-surface weaponary on it.
To add it, I would need a list of the warships used by the principal nations of the game (USA, MExico, Canada, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Venezuela, Cuba, UK, Germany, Russia, Italy, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, India, China, Japan, Australia, and France) Can you help me finding this list? (If yes, I will put your name in the credits, of course.)

Level 11
Sure I can help you out with the navy but not sure about European ships.

North American (Canadian)

-Iroquois destroyers, has area air defenses and anti sub weaponary.

-Halifax frigates, they uses guided missiles and are helicopter carrying(only one) has surface to air, anti-air and anti-sub.

-Victoria class Submarines, no need to say much.

-Aurora maritime surveillance plane (basicly sees all) armed with air-to-surface missiles, and anti-sub torpedos

-Cyclone helicopters (this is really new to the navy, just released this year and right now only posses 28 of them.) This is a transport helicopter, the only armed thing on it is a Self-Defense gun. It intends to replace the Sea King helicopter.

North America (United States)

-Ohio class, ballistic missile submarine (it carries Trident missiles)

-Virginia class, attack submarine

-USS Gerald R. Ford (or CVN-78), a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, it is classed as a supercarrier (basicly the best aircraft carrier in the world.) It has a Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (it can destroy missiles and is a AA missile), and Rolling Airframe missile (another AA missile).

- Harpers Ferry class, dock landing ship, it's a transport ship that has a .50 caliber gun, 25 mm Mk 38 cannons it's basicly a large chaingun, and the Phalanx CIWS (Close-In Weapon System) basicly is a anti-ship weapon.

-The Iowa class Battleship, it's the only battleship that can be reactivated in the US navy, this mega super duper powerhouse ship has 50. cal machine guns, 70. cal anti air guns, Tomahawk cruise missiles, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and a .76 cal Phalanx CIWS.

North American (Mexico)

- ARM Netzahualcóyotl (best if you call it D-102) is a destroyer, the only weapons... Machbox ASROC (Anti-Submarine ROCkets) and deck guns

- ARM Mina (F-214) class frigate, Sea Sparrow Missiles, .54 cal gun, some Harpoon missiles.

- ARM Tormenta (A-302) class missile boat, carries: Gabriel anti-ship missiles, Oerlikon 20 mm cannon, and 2 M2 Browning machine guns.

That's all for North America now I gave you alot of choices so you will have to pick them

Russian Navy

-Graney class nuclear powered submarine, has P-800 anti ship missiles.

-Steregushchy class corvette (long name lol) has a sonar so it can detect subs, 100mm A-190 anti-ship cannon

-Admiral Sergei Gorshkov frigates, ONIK anti-ship missiles, 100mm A-192 cannon, SS-N-29 anti-sub rockets.

-Now Russia has no aircraft carriers today, but they plan on building some next year, but they have the decomissioned Kiev-class Aircraft carrier.

Kiev-class has surface-to-air missiles, 10 torpedo tubes, 2 dual-purpose guns. Can carry 18 helicopters and 12 Yak-38's (now decomissioned).

Europe, now you need to know that there is no Europe Union navy, so each navy is from there country.

France

-Charles de Gaulle (or R-91) aircraft carrier, nuclear powered aircraft carrier and basicly the only one outside the U.S. , Now this one is special cause they have something called the Sylver launcher which is specially built for the Charles de Gaulle, it basicly is a all in one missile launcher (AA, Anti-ship, anti-sub), and 2x 20 mm F2 autocannon guns.

Germany

-Brandenburg class frigate, these are specially made for anti-submarine combat, but it still uses MM38 Exocet anti-ship missiles, and some Sea Sparrow missiles.

Spain

-Agosta 90B class submarine, armed with nothing more but torpedos.

United Kingdom

-HMS Daring (D32) destroyer, has sonar, 2 Phlanax CIWS, Aster 15 and 30 missiles.

Now you have noticed that none of them has battleships because all the countries decomissioned them (It's so complex and expensive, plus they have a really short duration). So you will probably will have to invent something new for the battleships, other than the American ones. I even put up a picture of the only American battleship that can be reactivated just to give you a example of firepower.

Anywho continuing the list

Australia
Honestly they have hardly any ships

-Anzac class frigate, anti-submarine and anti-aircraft

-Collins class submarine, nuff said

-Kanimbla class AMPHIBIOUS transport, Troop & helicopter transport

Japan (or the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force)

-Atago class destroyers, they use guided missiles

-Takanami class destroyers, uses Evolved Sea Sparrow missiles, 127 mm Otobreda and carries a SH-60J anti-sub Helicopter.

-Shirane class destroyers, this one is special cause it's a helicopter destroyer, uses Sea Sparrow SAM missiles, 54 cal. Mark 42 guns.

-Oyashino class submarine

-Õsumi class amphibious transport dock, only weapons it has are 2x Phalanx CIWS.

China (now China has 2 navies, Republic of China Navy and the People Liberation's Army Navy so I am not sure which one you want me to show you).

Israel

-INS Hanit class corvette, armed with: Barak surface-to-air missiles, a Phalanx CIWS, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, has sonar, radar

-Dolphin class submarines

Cuba (Only two active Soviet ships)

-Former Soviet Union Pauk II Fast Patrol Craft, armed with a 76mm gun, anti-submarine Torpedo and anti-submarine rocket launcher

-Former Soviet Union Osa II PFM missile boats, armed with a MANPAD air defence missile, and a SS-N-2A Styx

Iraq (WTF they have navy? The US and UK are rebuilding the Iraqi navy, so they have 0 ships right now, and the only thing they have right now is this.)

-fast assault boats, (think of it has a terrorist take over of a ship, has % chance of successful controlling the ship.)

Can't help with Brazil, since they won't show me.

India

- INS Viraat class aircraft carrier, armed with 2 Bofors AA guns, can carry up to 30 aircrafts

-Shardul class Landing Ship Tank, armed with WM-18 rocket launchers, and CRN-91 AA 30mm guns, can carry 500 troops.

- Brahmaputra class frigate, sonar,radar, armed with: Barak SAM, 76mm OTO Melara gun, RBU-6000 anti-submarine rocket launcher

There is no Columbian navy.

Argentina

-Almirante Brown class destroyer, carries anti-aircraft guns, a dual purpose gun, and some Exocet anti-ship missiles.

-Espora class frigate, it's really the same thing as he Almirante Brown destroyer but smaller and carries 1 helicopter.

Iran

- SSK Kilo class submarine

- Allen M. Sumner class destroyer, armed with: 60 cal AA gun, 38 caliber gun

Besides if you can't find the names just go the Wikipedia.

Attachments

• 300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg
    300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Level 11
Well U.S., France and Russia are the only ones with Aircraft carriers U.S. and France having supercarriers (since there nuclear powered). While Russia and there Kiev class happened when the Soviet still exist but not anymore.

Wikipedia can help alot just type in (country) navy and poof gives you the list of ships they have and info about them.

Level 11
Well I was right about US and France having the only supercarriers in the world even if UK is constructing one right now, but it's in 2014 and 2016 they will be done and your story is in 2012 so no need for anyone but US and France to have supercarriers.

But you have notice that most of the carriers have 0 in service and almost all of them are either destroyed or decomissioned.

For player one just put 2 carriers since it would be cheap if he used both carriers tomahawk missiles at the start of the game.

Besides Navy is different from army and airforce I mean they name there own ships that's pretty cool lol.

but we will go by class and not by name to make sure the people don't get confused.

Plus you never did answer if you want the Republic China navy or the People Liberation China navy?

Also what would be cool is that you can sell ''plans'' of the vehicule,naval,aircraft what ever to your allies, so they could have some weapons in a instant if they have none and the enemy approches.

Level 27
You mean like US Marines, British Air Marines, Iraqi conscripts.

Also maybe do some sord of special events or something like Russia has a choice to become Soviet Union again and gains advantages and disadvantages.

Hmmm.... Maybe, then you can choose your country leader? You know, like if you choose Obama, then your units get morale boost? So every leader would have his own advantages/disadvantages. And you could change them every 4 years?

Level 1
Great map ;) ! As I've already told you, GHost can't host it, but tough, no great problems with that. Epic work with world map and models/fighting style. The only thing I dislike is SAM works. I mean, it is made to destroy nuclear missiles, I had over 10/15 at U.S.A capital and they all got destroyed during a nuke. But, it was Oceania who sent it, so maybe it can't block ally nukes ?
Also, I might suggest to make a diplomacy systme, with tributes, surrendering and stuff to make war more realistic, and allow alliance/war declaration thanks to this system. Great map tough T_T, 5/5.

For player one just put 2 carriers since it would be cheap if he used both carriers tomahawk missiles at the start of the game.

what about 1 for figher/bombing, and 1 for helicopters, tomahawk strikes, and marine amphibious attacks?

but we will go by class and not by name to make sure the people don't get confused.
Just give the class + name and people wont get confused.
Like:
Enterprise Class Carrier
Nintz Class Carrier
Etc...

Plus you never did answer if you want the Republic China navy or the People Liberation China navy?
Oh sorry XD
PLA, of course.

Also what would be cool is that you can sell ''plans'' of the vehicule,naval,aircraft what ever to your allies, so they could have some weapons in a instant if they have none and the enemy approches.
It gave me an idea: Send Reinforcements
You pay to send forces to an allied player country.

Hmmm.... Maybe, then you can choose your country leader? You know, like if you choose Obama, then your units get morale boost? So every leader would have his own advantages/disadvantages. And you could change them every 4 years?
Nah. Like, if Obama dies, theres a list of 50 people that can replace him. I already discarted this idea previously.

The only thing I dislike is SAM works. I mean, it is made to destroy nuclear missiles, I had over 10/15 at U.S.A capital and they all got destroyed during a nuke. But, it was Oceania who sent it, so maybe it can't block ally nukes ?
Nope. Well, if somebody is allied to you, I dont expected him to nuke you XD

Level 11
You are not right that Russia have not aircraft carriers.
They have one "Admiral Kysnetsov"

That's the only aircraft carrier they have today, plus it's not a class it's the name of the ship. It was suppost to be the flagship of the Soviet navy, but since Soviet dosen't exist anymore it's just a ordinary carrier.

what about 1 for figher/bombing, and 1 for helicopters, tomahawk strikes, and marine amphibious attacks?

Hmm yes different aircraft carriers I like it.

Level 2
AWESOME map.i like all your maps,you are a great map maker.keep it up!
Also,is the map protected or not?

Level 2
ivekk, this one is protected to reduce map size, if you want, I can send you the unprotected one.

Guys, I think I will able to finish the next version on the next week.

i would like to get the unprotected version if possible,i don't want to make another map based on yours,i just want to have some fun with it in the editor:wink:.

It's been more than a week or two so what happened with the map?

Sorry, its because I wanted to add new things (like technology sharing, more ways for terrorism, sea mines, etc.) And I was also working on other project. But I holded it, and now I am 100% working on this map. I hope the new version will be released soon.

Level 2
Sorry, its because I wanted to add new things (like technology sharing, more ways for terrorism, sea mines, etc.) And I was also working on other project. But I holded it, and now I am 100% working on this map. I hope the new version will be released soon.

i hope it's unprotected this time :D

i hope it's unprotected this time :D
I'll keep it protected to save space, but after I upload it, I'll upload to pastebin and post a link here for the unprotected one.

Well, dudes, I need an opinion; the new things I wanted to implement are allmost complete, and I can update it on the next days, but I could add the proper infantry (e.g. USMC, Iraqui Conscripts, etc..) in this version, but it would take more time. So, should I just finish the new ships, shared weapons and terrorists and release the map fast as posible and implemente these infantry only in 1.26, or take a little more time to implement the infantry?