• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 11
I'm in Philippines.... Valenzuela City.....

and what week ago.... no class...
or you are not in school anymore...
or you graduated already...
or the school has A(H1N1) so it has been suspended...
or none of the above...

Two Seasoned countries are different from four seasons lol. We the four seasons have every season vacation except fall, the biggest is Summer vacation which is 2 months. Winter 2 weeks, and Spring one week, so we are not at school while you are.

Tau Empire, nice list. I'll work on it. Also, about the blury loading screen, I'll increase the texture quality next time.

brayden, lol man, I dont have anymore ideas to fix it :/

And I got good news!!!
1) There will be the first votable minigame on next version: World War Zombie. If all players type -zombie, a zombie infestation will start in a random coutry in the world, and zombies will start attacking everyone :D

2) I done another system for aircraft flying. It fixed a bug that showed up 20 versions ago, making aircraft get crazy sometimes.

3)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?of=downloads_month&order=DESC
By the first time ever, WW3 NS is on first page of top downloaded maps of the month! thanks everyone! ^^

Level 9
Just a few comments after testing some more:

Newest version is pretty good, though there are some textual errors (Great Canyon should be Grand Canyon, and that sort of thing).

Infantry are a little weak still. I'd go for cutting the realism a bit with the infantry, and reduce the number and increase their power and cost. I mean, you do that for zombies, so infantry might as well be buffed to "super-infantry." Instead of a 10 cost basic infantry, make it a 25 cost and buff it appropriately. It seems of most things, it's their damage that's the most lacking. The other way is to make a Squad/Grouping system, but that'll consume player slots you don't have.

Also, a "Load all nearby Prisoners of War" ability would be quite useful on the PoW camp; selecting them one by one is a little annoying when they're all tiny and sometimes blend in with the landscape.

The Fire Battery (should be Fire Batteries) ability on the Iowa Class Battleship should have a longer cooldown and duration, to ease the amount of reclicking that needs to be done. Or, the ability can be changed into a toggleable ability. With the number of units on the field, the less things to micro the better the player will feel.

I was thinking that perhaps players should start with one airfield and one vehicle factory. It seems a little awkward that countries so large have no working factories to start with? I don't know if it'll affect balancing or something, it just seems good and will bring action a little sooner to the game.

That's it for now, I'll probably post more thoughts/suggestions later.

Map Udated!
There are lots of new things on this version. New units, some terrain improvement, a new UI (Thanks Illidan(Evil)X for making the awesome UI), and much other things.
Angry_Bovine, well, most things you suggested on this post above coldnt be added on this version, but will be added on next one for sure.

Going Off-Topic: The map now hits the 12th rank of Hive Top Maps. By the first time ever, we have a chance to get our work in the Top 10 maps in the site news. Thanks everyone ^^

Unprotected version of the map is attached to the post.

Attachments

• WW3 - NS 1.32.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 48

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Excellent. Too bad that I download the attached unprotected file that doesn't shows at the download count, but, anyway... I'll really play this version, for sure.

Ah, I just forgot to say that this version cannot be played in Battle.net, but that doesn't matter much for me, except that most of the people will be angry.

Level 11
Well I've tested it and I have found a problem with it... the ammo system is messed up (aircraft and aircraft carrier). I get infinite mana so now I can go shoot rockets here and there without returning to a airfield, better yet all my bombers have infinite ammo.... so I can bomb everything lol.

Level 5
Awesome map! Didn't get to play for long because leavers ruined it, but still an awesome map.
Not sure if it's a bug by aircraft randomly wander about unless I tell them to hold position. If this is an attempt at making realistic aircraft then I'm sure there are much better systems for it.

Level 5
That kinda sucks, they could atleast make it so they don't fly so far away from the location you tell them to go. if your trying to keep them away from AA batteries or SAM sites and they fly straight into them it gets really annoying.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I never saw another system that isn't at your maps. BTW, I didn't played it yet, as the weekend is just internet for me...

Also, you know the unprotected version cannot be played at battle.net, right? Of course, this isn't a big deal, as it's unprotected and it's not optimized, but, as far as I know, Wc3 Optmizer can optimize maps whitout protecting them.

EDIT: Tau, you're right. That system is used in Modern Warfare.

Level 11
Lol I never said used the one in Modern Warfare that Illidan decided to never finish, cause there's so many problems with it.

I just said make them spin around instead of going zig zags around the place. Never said to make them manual attack.

Level 9
There's two other ways I can think of, one of which is the way I want to do it in TDW, which is to just have airplanes be only usable on Bombing Runs, so they're not really commanded, just given a single order to bomb and return or to patrol and return. The other way is Total Annihilation's (also Supreme Commander's) method of having planes not given commands automatically land where they are. They can't move while landed but the only reason this system is used is because all air units in TA and SupCom are VTOL.

Level 5
Hey ham ham, i found something wrong with the cars and the planes. When I want to select a unit and there is a car or a plane (helicopter too) near it select the car or plane too. The selection area is too big for the car and planes. Can you please fix that?

Level 11
He download a very old version of this map (which contained more than 28 characters in the filename) so it will never appear in WC3 if you have more than 28 characters. That's his problem, it would of helped if he read the PATCH UPDATE README

Level 10
I have explored the game and played it over and over and over, really addicting:wink: Here's what I noticed about it:

America has a good income percent, but fairly inactive as AI.

South American Allies are in harmony with their nemesis.

European Union is extra once it fortifies it's position. A few dozen fortifications and bunkers do wonders around France, Germany and Italy. England has an accesability flaw, as Glasgow part is blocked by buildings. Also, you got a tooltip error at England's Main Battle Tank.

Australian Strike Force has a good fortification position at Indonesia. Nothing special.

Eastern Allies are quite vunerable as their only true fortress is Japan.

Teran has a fine position but is vunerable to a stealth attack, nice work at the talibans!

Russian Federation is Über with it's MBT and bombers, has a decent amount of countries to conquer in a couple of months. But the cherry of this pie is Tzar Bomba (Emperor's bomb) which wrecks almost third of America! Fix the tooltip error "americans" and destroy a few doodads, I dropped it on India and trees and bushes still remained. Also let the fires stay^^ as they provide scenery.

Bolivarian Alliance is in harmony with it's enemy, nuff said!

Communist China is almost immune thanks to the China Wall, if it's defended, that is! Oil is present, a Hi-Tech building at start in the valley signifies security. MiG's bombs and speed are really nice. You are missing the Himalaya, tho.

At long last, African Dictatorship is really nicely placed. It has lots of countries to take, lots of space, a bunch of oil here and there and a good income. Standard units, cool stuff.

Last edited: