• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
What about a super chain quest?

THE EVIL LEAGUE

1 - You find a secret soviet base in south pole, you get inside, and kill general Boris Skavuska, and you are able to produce UFOs. You find a map to a unknow insle near Iwo Jima.

2 - After you get into it, you find the mad nazi scientist Hans Frenauth. He was trying to spread the T-Virus, you kill him, you get the T-Virus, and you are able to make a T-Virus bomb with it, and also you can get 3 BFGs 9000

3 - You get into UK, and use the BFG 9000 to destroy a stone in the north of the isle. You will get Arthur Sword, after you use it, you summon the Knights of the Round Table. You get the map to Ierusalem, and you must get there to find the Holy Grail.

4 - After you get into Ierusalem, you meet Xerxes' army, You must fight and capture him. When he is near to die, he talks about a Nazi base in the forests of south america, and about a team of super vilains called THE EVIL LEAGUE, you will find the Holy Grail there. But before he can tell who is commanding it, a laser comes out from sky, and kills him. Then you must go into south america.

After the Evil League knows about you, they will start periodicaly sending task forces to destroy you.

5 - Using the map that Xerxes gave to you, you find a nazi base in amazon. You get inside it and fight against Nazi troops. You fight against General Hitler II, you kill him, get his Panzer XVI (a super super tank 3 times more powerfull than a T-95), he talks about Barack Obama and tells he is the leader of the Evil League: Osama Bin Laden, Hugo Chavez, Barack Obama, Kim Jhon Lin II, and Ghost of Sadam Hussein. Their base is in the North Pole. Yes, during the day, Obama rules the US, but during the Night, when everyone think he is slepping, he planning the destruction of the world.

6 - You get into the base, kill the guards, then kill the bosses, one by one till you kill Barack Obama. When you think everything is endend, Osama Bin Ladden shows up again, and he makes a fusion with Obama, turning into OBAMA BIN LADEN. After you kill him, he tells the truth about the Evil League: They were trying to call for an Alien invasion that would almost destroy the world. Only the strongest people would survive, these people would be captured by the aliens and geneticaly modified to create a super race of humans. They would use the Holy Grail to produce the new humans.

GRAND FINALE:
After you leave the base, the Covenant Aliens starts an invasion in Earth. All players get allied to fight against them. They send 6 Battlecruisers arround the world that will spawn fighters that attacks you. After you bring them down, the Mothership will come spawning more fighters. If you destroy it, there will be an ending cinematic like in Metal Slug 2, and every players wins the game by this secret finale. Everyone will get a password that spawns a Ion Cannon in Africa.

Last edited:
Level 27
Yes! But, when you complete every part of the quest, you must get a prize. And I actually think that Obama is not evil, he was just cursed by McDonalds for heathy food propaganda. And when you destroy the evil league and all its bosses, Obama becomes cured from evil and becomes your very powerful unit with Hope and Yes we can!

Level 27
Yes and "Every Player wins the game?". No, becauce War... War never changes... and that code is bad idea, people will play that mode only once and then they'll won't, just use the Ion cannon. Better make than when aliens are destroyed, you continue the game, everyone is enemy like before and you can build robot, jetpack infantry with lasers and all that stuff you can create reverse engineering alien tech.

Level 11
That's because when the Covenant arrives it won't be easy with only 1 country, besides probably most of the countries will be destroyed by them anyway. I mean for all I know Ham could allow AI to the Covenant to build a base somewhere and produce units.

Well, next version comes out tomorrow. I have just to finish a few things, like icons, and upgrades.

Changelog:

Veterancy added. All units starts as Soldiers, and can get promoted till reach the last tier.

Added lots of equipments for infantry.

Lots of new models.

More upgradeable units: Bradley can become a Warhammer Bradley, and Stryker can become a Infantry Carrier.

New units: Tanguska (AA), and Pion (Super heavy artillery). Both units to Russia.

Added Commercial Centers and Oil Refieries as control points.

Level 9
It's really nice this new version,I mean,I SIMPLY LOVED IT:smile::smile:.The Rank system,the new models(like tunguska),the chain quest...Man,i's simply awesome!:thumbs_up:

BUG:When you go construct the Mortar(for infantry)it's a machinegun that it's constructed and not a mortar...BUG:The Minigun doesn't work.

Level 27
Well yes I think. That spell with fireball icon (dont remember how its called) requires 5 mana. and you know what vehicle mana means. Oh, and can you make so after some time those soldiers without morale would calm down ar ateast disapear, its kinda annoying to call dawn them separately just to clear this guinea pig bariccade. Or make an another way to calm their down...

EDIT: Ham Ham, you messed up ALL the item systems! Spies carry Tzar Bombas (!), Bombers use shotguns, infantry uses bombs.... well, I hope you understand whats wrong...

Last edited:
Level 3
new version is asome but the zombie mode could be a little bit better mabe less strong zombies but many more and different types it would be a lot more fun

Level 9
The minigun still doesn't work...and also you should make a anti-tank trooper,or put a RPG for selling at the barracks(just suggestion).

11/10 :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Sorry if this has already been asked but, is there a clan, channel or anything of the like that plays this game regularily? I can never find any games of it in the Northrend (Europe) custom games list and if I host it myself it takes forever to fill up (seriously).

Level 27
I said MAYBE its forever. I can back on wc3 again someday when bored and relsease some final version of this map. But seriously, the wc3 scene is not attractive anymore. Nobody cares to play something that dont have Naruto, DBZ or Diablo on its name, I know this map is never gonna get really popular.

Thats it! Maybe it would be popular if you would ad quests where you would get Naruto, Goku, Diablo units or Items from Dota for you troops?

Level 27
If this is you last version ever:
Mortar still buggy-turns into machinegun item when packed.
Change the AI if you can.
Antarctic/arctic terrain should be better.
Look for typos. Stolen Russia plans still say that they give you "Black eagle" instead of T90.
Remove those mission dungeons. Just create a very powerfull tower unique in the world map that creates boss after destruction...
Make few gamemodes like "swine flu"... you know, same rules plus extra random insanity.
Call it Final version.
Make it open source.
Maybe few extra fixes...

Oh, and... good luck...

Level 27
You fixed that mortar is buildable, but when you pack it back into item, it magically merges into machinegun.

Dungeons are cool, but they take the space from the global map. If it would be possible, it would be good to make map longer/wider and move all dungeons there, but map is maximal size already...
Also, dungeons are easy to be cheated lots of ways... like sending nuke or Tzar bomb near to the dungeon, nuking it...

By the way, you should double/triple the income from finace centres/oil refineries and make them harder to be concquered, just like countries...

Oh, and maybe adding more importance to esspionage and satelites? Like satelites can deploy/target nukes or steal some money like hackers, or suicidally fall on enemie's heads or destroyother satelites...
And esspionage centre can also train saboteurs (Can't steal information, but can use explosives) and propaganda experts (Invisibly demoralizes enemies/can decrease the effectivness of hostile units).

There is also a bug that artilery (Not vehicle ones, I mean those that can take over countries/cont as infantry)

You should also make possible to destroy all tipes of buildings except countries (To destroy unneeded factories to recieve more elecrticity)

Oh, and one more important thing: Make some kinda like medical/supply truck (supply convoy?) that automatically restores neutalized infantry (Preferably an abillity with medium radius/small recharge time) and restores vehicle crew (Long reload time), becauce its annoying to restore all your army after battle manually...

Level 9
Well we i'll miss you:sad:

Here some suggestions:
-Make a kind of AT Trooper or a buyable RPG at the barracks.
-The Minigun isn't working when I try to equip it with one of my infantry
-You could try making a kind of "Sapper" with a permanent invisibility and with a spell that plants a C4 at the targeted point.
-There was a sistem at 19.9 that the aircraft carrier could store the aircrafts and than launch them(the aircrafts once stored at the aircraft they would become a point of mana and to launch a aircraft at the targeted point,would cost 1 point of mana(that would be a aircraft:D)).Please,could you put it back,it was very nice and realistic :D.

Well I think it's all,see ya around Ham Ham:sad:
(PS:There were just some suggestions :thumbs_up:)

Level 9
No problem,it was just a suggestion:thumbs_up:

Also I forgot to mention:
-The Bradley IFV when is upgraded to the Warhammer 40K I don't see any changes...
-And also the Bradley has a kind of bug with his turret,when he get at his targeted move point,his tower goes down...

Ty for this epic map :)

Level 5
Good maps are always gonna have more and more suggestions and bug reports, if HamHam takes them all he'll be here for another year! It'll have to be handed on to someone else if you want legitimate updates forever D: