• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Well, as I see, I must spread this map so I can find people that can continue it when I completely retire from warcraft.

For now, I am working on 1.33c, just to quick fix the mortar and minigun things. The big changes will come on 1.34.

I want to publish 1.34 not only on Hive and EpicWar. I need to spread it. Can somebody tell me where to find good sites to upload this map?

Current To-Do List:

1.33c:
- Fix Mortars.
- Fix Miniguns.
- Make A-10 Thunderbolt attacks hit enemies in a line, not in a circle.
- Fix Bradley's turret.
- Add Saboteurs.

1.34:
- Implement New IFVs for player 3, Dassault Rafaele, add lots of new upgrades for most vehicles.
- Chain Quests.
- Make artillery fire have some sound when falling (who plays Call of Duty knows what I'm meaning).
- Fix Icon green things. (Add a DISBTN for everything)
- Release this one at all wc3 websites that I can find.
- Wait for bug reports/new suggestions and keep releasing 1.34b, 1.34c, etc. till can release a final version.

Level 27
About DISBTN: you could change icon path to "peasant" or "barracks" or any other existing icon, so you will have DISBTN and will spare some space...

And make so rank would be spell pack with all abilities inside beeing abilities you get in that rank, it annoys when you have lots of passive abilities...

Level 11
Well, as I see, I must spread this map so I can find people that can continue it when I completely retire from warcraft.

For now, I am working on 1.33c, just to quick fix the mortar and minigun things. The big changes will come on 1.34.

I want to publish 1.34 not only on Hive and EpicWar. I need to spread it. Can somebody tell me where to find good sites to upload this map?

Current To-Do List:

1.33c:
- Fix Mortars.
- Fix Miniguns.
- Make A-10 Thunderbolt attacks hit enemies in a line, not in a circle.
- Fix Bradley's turret.
- Add Saboteurs.

1.34:
- Implement New IFVs for player 3, Dassault Rafaele, add lots of new upgrades for most vehicles.
- Chain Quests.
- Make artillery fire have some sound when falling (who plays Call of Duty knows what I'm meaning).
- Fix Icon green things. (Add a DISBTN for everything)
- Release this one at all wc3 websites that I can find.
- Wait for bug reports/new suggestions and keep releasing 1.34b, 1.34c, etc. till can release a final version.

Well there's Warcraft Unlimited that you can post it, it needs a break from the Video Games and Anime anyway, if you can't I will for you if you wish.

There is also WC3 Campaigns you can post there to, that's all I know.

Okay Tau, but wait till 1.33c be released with the bug fixes :)

Ok, Tleno, thanks or the suggestion.

pomelito,thanks but I think it doesnt work. I already tryed that :p

For now, I have two things I have to ask everyone:

1) A New Forum
Our forum got removed by inactivity. We need a real forum, but I dont know anything about php programing. Can somebody create/know somebody who can create a forum?

2) Quiz
I got the idea of adding a quiz to the game. Player 1 types @quiz, and it starts. Players must ansewer questions about war, e.g.: Wich year Gulf War happened? When did the M1 Abrams entered in service? Etc.
For every right ansewer, the player earns 100 credits.
So, what you think about it?

Level 3
Quick question When you leave do you plan to come back for Starcraft 2 and mabe make a version of it in there i heard something about being able to convert maps to starcraft 2 format

Level 1
really good game, great unit skins and weapons.
but it would be cool if there was some way to manage your economey more then just cybernetic hacking, and a way to make country borders like fences or something to mark your borders. that would help alot, since i could tell what i controll and what i dont controll. also adding more nuclear things..like you can have certin sizes of nuclear weapons, each costing diffrent amounts.. like a 5 megaton nuclear bomb, a 10 megaton..ect

Level 1
Hey, I've been an avid fan of ww3 games by Ham Ham and am quite sad that he's retiring. I've a few suggestions here!

1) Nuclear Subs. If destroyed, will go boomz, but other than that, it is armed with nuclear missiles and would be perfect in the event of Mutually Assured Destruction. America and some other countries should have it.

2) Bio-warfare in rogue states like North Korea and Iran/Iraq. No offence, but the UN can't really affect their actions.

3) Nuclear Briefcases. Something that is quite prevalent in this era, where nuclear weapons can be stored in briefcases. Should be armed by terrorists from North Korea and other rogue states.

4) Satellites armed with missiles. Just something out of the box for once.

5) Tectonic weapons that could affect nature and cause volcanoes and earthquakes. As stated in http://www.homelandsecurityus.net/jill's comments/AlQaedasNavtPart2.htm.

Oh, and can cruise missiles have more area impact? Thanks!

(500)!

Level 11
Hey, I've been an avid fan of ww3 games by Ham Ham and am quite sad that he's retiring. I've a few suggestions here!

1) Nuclear Subs. If destroyed, will go boomz, but other than that, it is armed with nuclear missiles and would be perfect in the event of Mutually Assured Destruction. America and some other countries should have it.

2) Bio-warfare in rogue states like North Korea and Iran/Iraq. No offence, but the UN can't really affect their actions.

3) Nuclear Briefcases. Something that is quite prevalent in this era, where nuclear weapons can be stored in briefcases. Should be armed by terrorists from North Korea and other rogue states.

4) Satellites armed with missiles. Just something out of the box for once.

5) Tectonic weapons that could affect nature and cause volcanoes and earthquakes. As stated in http://www.homelandsecurityus.net/jill's comments/AlQaedasNavtPart2.htm.

Oh, and can cruise missiles have more area impact? Thanks!

(500)!

I'm liking these ideas except for the nuclear briefcase... you know how cheep that is? A brief case costs like 200 $ and some unstable plutonium in a briefcase... the briefcase would of been melted by then. I doubt the terrorists has the intelligences to figure out how to do a anti-nuclear wrapper in a briefcase...

Level 9
Would be nice if you put some terrorists from Brazil,cuz that chopper that fell in the saturday really impressed me.Also one question:Will you put an AT Trooper cuz that sovietic lab it's not easy to beat without a tank...

Level 9
=P
Well srry for the stupid comment and also I forgot to mention:There's a new M1 Abrams being projected.I think its M1A5.for what I see from my secret fonts:)P)it will have a AT guided rockets launcher for faster tank-kill and a nem MG 60.Cal.
Dunnow if will be exactly like this but i think...

Level 9
Omg srry i writted wrong...Instead of M1A5 is M1A3 =P.And I saw a M1A5 in a furistic map.Well the M1A3 will start to be active between 2040 and 2050 but it has the possibility to go on production earlier if a war or something start.
Tau Empire:No it isn't Wikipedia.Is a friend of mine wich his father is a military engineer =).

Level 11
Omg srry i writted wrong...Instead of M1A5 is M1A3 =P.And I saw a M1A5 in a furistic map.Well the M1A3 will start to be active between 2040 and 2050 but it has the possibility to go on production earlier if a war or something start.
Tau Empire:No it isn't Wikipedia.Is a friend of mine wich his father is a military engineer =).

Haha depends if the US will live long enough for 2040 or 2050, at the rate it's going it's going down, and it won't be a superpower anymore. (That's what happens when capitalism is ruled by Walmart and McDonalds.)

Level 9
Haha depends if the US will live long enough for 2040 or 2050, at the rate it's going it's going down, and it won't be a superpower anymore. (That's what happens when capitalism is ruled by Walmart and McDonalds.)

Hahahahaha :xxd:

Well Ham Ham i think u can find in google by typing:"M1A5" or something...

I already heard about those laser things, but at the point they are experimental, and we dont know if someday it will be in service. ATM the laser AA weapons have a very short range, and are very fragile. Even infantry fire can turn them into burning garbage.

But maybe, I said MAYBE, I can add them on next version as a special unit for Secret Research Center, some AA unit with high damage and low range.

Hugomath, I searched for M1A5 on google, and all that I find were videogame-related things =/
If you could give a link to something that really indicates that the american's military wants to create such thing, I would apreciate, and +rep you.

Level 12
[+] in short words map is awesome :xxd::thumbs_up:
[-] no disbtn part of icons,big file size (in these days players are very lazy and they dont wont to wait to download map with big file on Garena or similar cite, i now that this type of map need many custom models but file size is very important).

Level 3
Still haven't found were i saw the info about being able to convert the terrain of a WC3 map and triggers to Starcraft 2 only a rummer. But we can hope.

Can you tell me where i can get those models, i need some of them for my map??:confused:

Most of them are modifications of existing models that can only be found on this map. Don't forget that the map is open source and you can use them. If you give proper credits to their creators. To know who made what, PM telling the names of the models you want to use, and I will tell you who made them. But don't use them without crediting the creators!

Level 3
Sounds like a project and in the event that a new world war look unavoidable I would put a lot of money into producing things like that faster It might be Black because ofCarbonFibers especially some in development is black Light and Flame and bullet resistant making it a good skin Plus black looks Sweet