1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Screenshoots

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

Important Note about AI

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
  1. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I downloaded version 1.27b, Brazil got nuked by Bolivia (Is this even possible?) and I couldn't find the Tzar Bomba. It's buyable in that Lumber Mill?

2. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    This has developed well, There are just a few things i want to suggest.

SUGGESTIONS:

Have a mobile cruise missile launcher! (SCUD, Laith-90, MLRS with Tactical missiles, or FROG-7) Its just a shame having one full silo but no good target to point that missile at in range.

Have all the items sellable in the infantry automated to use.

Teach the AI to build power plants.

3. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    no, the virus came from my USB not from the map............

and now, i have tested 1.27b........... there are no problems and no bugs.......... but the quests are incomplete........... and wait i dont know how to use the stolen tech from the enemy countries, i give the stolen tech in the secret research facility and nothing happens..........

uhhh........ no mini-games??? or it will come out in the next version???

4. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't use the stolen techs too. Farewell, Black Eagle...

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can buy a Tzar Bomba in the Research Weapon Facility. Ah, also remember, only Russia player can use Tzar Bombas.

Good sugestion! +rep

Well, drop the stole plans on the secret research facility, then click the unit you stole the plans (B-2 for american plants, Black Eagle for russian plants, J-14 for Chinese plants, and Typhoon for German plants). If you dont have the required plants, you will receive the msg: "You must first steal weapon blueprints from (country) before producing this unit)
    Or, wait, wich player you used?

6. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Research Weapon Facility? I'll check...

7. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    i use player 1- USA......... i drop the plan in the Secret Research Facility, no unit can be clicked in the SRF and no message like that appears......... and only plane blueprint can be steal???.........

8. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Only 1 in the 4 main countries. Also, the Russian secret weapon is the Black Eagle, the best tank in the game.

You mean "Secret Weapon Facility" (that white dome)? I didn't found any Tzar Bombas in it. Actualy, I didn't found it in all the buildings...

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Weird, best if I check out all Techtree things.

10. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tooltip bug continues

The chineese MLRS has the tooltip bug and it is located in the "capital"?

11. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it can be trained in the capital. (If somebody captures china, he will able to build those MLRS) But I didnt knew about the tooltip bug. Thank for repport.

For next version, I'm looking after somebody with a native fluent english capable of fixing all grammar errors in this map.

OFF TOPIC: Did somebody ever typed WW3 Nuclear Sunrise in google? The map got hosted from Japanese websites to even a NATO related website in the games section :D

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  12. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This gave me a little idea:
    When you will finish with fun quests mode, you can do few more:
    1. "Against terrorism". All players are allies. Then, they are randomly chosen which country to control, and one is terrorist leader. He has special units, can use ambush and sabotage tactics very efectively. Terrorist must raise "Terror level" to 100%. Country leaders must stop terrorist leader.
    2. "Disasters". All countries are fighting just like in normal mode, but sometimes there happens random disaster and everyone must team up or they will die.

13. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Off-Topic: Why i can't go to Maps Section? it always says that "Database Error" so i cant upload my map, MY VERY FIRST MAP!!!! T_T........ WWWAAAHHHH!!!!!! How do the site predict that a n00b will upload a map o.0?

EDIT: Yay, it's now working, i can upload my map

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  14. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There was no real point making the Challenger 2 a unit, since Englands building only made US tanks (the Abrams) In fact theres only one challenger 2 in the whole map, and that is a shame.

15. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The icon is that of the M1A2 Abrams, but, if you try to make one, it'll be a Challenger 2!

So, it's a bug, that must be fixed.

16. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Player 3 has Leopard 2 as their main battle tanks. Challenger is a special tank that can only be trained on England's capital.

MY PC IS FUCKED UP, AND I'LL BE UNABLE TO POST FOR A WHILE

17. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It can be trained by England, but the tooltips say it's M1A2 Abrams!

18. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    ciberia is spelled wrong its Siberia. some of the guides appear to not be complete nothing majorly glitchy that affects game play. maybe in the forums we could have a complete guide for new people to have a more detailed guide

19. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finaly, the network is working again and I can post on hive :D

Brayden, the hard thing on writing a guide, is where to start, etc. I think everybody should write his own guide, then we could read all of them, and select the most important things, then make it the final guide.

BTW HFR Ill check it out.

20. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not mean it to sound like you doing it want i was trying to ask is if its possible in the hive hosted forum we have if you could make a thead to were we could right some guides and like you said chose the best out of there and have a thead just for that guide of the best of everyones