• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 1
about NUCLEAR SUNRISE

NC GAME:thumbs_up: i just have a request and a question (question) - when will you create nuclear sunrise 1.35? (request) -can you please add mother of all bombs (MOAB) of AMERICA and (FOAB) of Russia FAther Of All Bombs:

Level 9
I checked your map in the editor and I noticed many leaks in which point/location leaks are dominant that makes your map to lag every few seconds. Please review the triggers and fix those in version 1.35.

Just keep the versions coming.... XD

Take all the time you need, Fingolfin.

For now, there's something I've been discussing with Hugomath a few months ago, about changing the map name.

I got the idea in the past of changing it World War 3: Nuclear War. (It was arround the 1.20 version). If you check the Epicwar archive, you will notice that these two versions named as Nuclear War are the most downloaded ones.
So, to try giving new life and more popularity for the map, I suggest changing the name to Nuclear War again (or a more awesome name if you guys can find one).

Any ideas, gentlemen?

Level 27
I vote for WW3 NW then. It's the best.

Oh and bug report: Trade centers and oilwells are problematic to capture and they are not worth it. What about a new resource gathering system: There are Oil Spots that are like gold mines, you can build an oil rig building on them just like cursed mine. When you do this, you'll gain a monthly and quite major income from it. So what do you think about this, huh?

I'll take the oil righ thing in consideration. But first of all, I must wait until fingolin post his bugfix version.

Well, it's the most popular name for this map, so I think it fits. Funreals have fun in it, but they are not fun you know. It's just a marketing method to interest more... customers.

Ya man! Marketing Move if you wanna know. With this one, we're gonna turn the table to our side, we gonna win big time now because... wtf I'm saying? lol

Level 27
There's no bussiness except Han Han business...

Talking about marketing, seriously, you should edit the income system...
And add another resource: population. Yes, those are your expandable citizens you get from occupied countries and which are used for training units. You can also name this resource Recruits if you're gonna use it only for army unit training.

lol, hardly all of them, i removed one pretty big leak in the turret system, and i fixed the town capturing system to be more accurate. The previous system would only check when a units attack animation starts, which means that a unit can capture a building before he even hits it!
This new damage detection does not leak provided that the town units only change ownership, not become replaced. Even if it would leak though, it is only an event leak in a trigger that is rarely called though.
I would love to see this map hosted more on b-net, i've never gotten a chance to really play it :O

Aww... Damn it! I lost post 666! In my own project!

The only problem is, with this new system, the Convoy Situations when players had to scout their oil trucks during the harvesting trips would be removed. But no problem at all. Even while testing against AI I never worried about Oil Trucks to gather it.

Population is not good. I already added it arround 1.20, and it sucked. Population just ends and people don't have a clue of what to do, then just left the game.

That's great news Fingolfin. Take the time you need and fix most bugs you can. This weekend will complete 1 year without updates, so, for the comeback, 1.35 must ROCK!

Level 9
I think will be WW3: Nuclear War.

By the way, just to tell you guys: Today I was walking on the street, when I passed by a toy shop. So I looked inside, just for curiosity, and then I saw this toy, which made me so mad... It was an AH-64 Apache, but it was white and red... and it was written "Fire Department" in the side... Ok, I almost said a few rude words, but I'll pass. I just said that to show you guys how dumb people can be...

Yes, this will be called WW3 Nuclear War.

I'm sorry, but i didn't manage to upload the map before i left. But the work i did was very simple, so if you want, you can work on the map until i get home and then paste it to me, and i can remake the fixes. It would be done in less than 10 minutes.

Okay, I'll work on the units and after finish it, I'll wait for you.

Any idea when you will get back to home? (Weeks, months?)

Level 1
Very nice map but founded a bug with f-10 phantom. The bug is that the selection scale is way bigger than the plane. try check it out and you find out what i mean :) otherwise awesome map :) thumbs up (;

Level 9
Ham Ham is waiting for Fingolfin attach the WW3 version without some of the bugs or something. I'll ask Ham Ham about this map though.

Ok, i think i got rid of the worst stuff now

Here's a list of the updates:

*Changed the unit grouping method of all AoE spells and quickloads from square to circular (i have no idea why you would want it square anyways). It should now be faster and more logical.

*Added expiration timers for dummy units instead of the rather lame "[wait X seconds then remove unit]"

*Placed all actions that did the same thing except for different players inside loops.

*Added a more precise event for capturing cities. It should now not be exploitable.

*Removed literally hundreds of location leaks; the map should now be actually playable for more than 5 minutes.

Attachments

• WW3 - NS 1.35.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 79
Level 9
I can't capture countries. The country doesn't go to the capturing player.

EDIT: Its only captured if belongs to neutral passive.

Level 9
Lol I already knew that, but I meant that I can't capture anything, independent of which unit I use, it doesn't come to me. Only if the country is from Neutral Passive, which can only be done by destroying the country (using large squadrons of bombers or tactical nukes). Then, I can capture even with ships.

Level 9
I played multiplayer, but it was me and friend against AI. I'll test this new one though, will report as soon as I can.

Level 11
Jesus I forgot how many pages there are for this map. Any who I was just gonna say this, I'm "borrowing" this map to make a mini-scenario based on this map, basically almost all the units stays, just the terrain is different and the story could be more or less needed. Starting off with North Korea vs South Korea lol. So if anyone is interested just PM me or something... don't try to reply here cause I sometimes don't get emails from this. If you really want to contact me you should in Warcraft Unlimited.

Level 4
hmmm can you fix the income system? i read the oil wells post and it seems rather good however with nukes destroying cities, all you have to do is lets say nuke washington and the entire american "country" income is gone... while if you nuke say london in europe the teal player doesnt lose all his income... it just seems abit problematic so maybe more cities? or a way to simply "build" your income such as oil wells on oil spots or you can build your own commerical centres etc.

Level 5
Hey! This map rocks (Ive already said it so many times), but could you add some snow on Quebec? I feel like its not Quebec because we have a lot of snow here :)
Thanks

Edit: Also, for the vehicles that can transport units, could you make some kind of skill that you can make it automatic or disable it that would make the vehicle drop the units? Because I hate the way it drops the units where I don't want.

Level 11
Hey! This map rocks (Ive already said it so many times), but could you add some snow on Quebec? I feel like its not Quebec because we have a lot of snow here :)
Thanks

Edit: Also, for the vehicles that can transport units, could you make some kind of skill that you can make it automatic or disable it that would make the vehicle drop the units? Because I hate the way it drops the units where I don't want.

You're terrible >.> there's only snow in Quebec when it's winter not all the time so why should there be snow?