1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Screenshoots

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

Important Note about AI

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
  1. Angry_Bovine

Angry_Bovine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just posting here to tell you that I will be playing the map with my local friends and post what I think, so that I may join upon your discussion!

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HFR, take a look on a few posts back and you may find the 1.29 unprotected version.

Angry_Bovine, well, I think you should wait for 1.30, wich will be very improved :)

3. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So Ham got a idea when it's gonna be released and is it gonna have the mini games we suggested?

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I want to release it soon as posible. Maybe tomorrow. I still dont worked on newer minigames because first of all I want to finish all techtree ballancing and units stuff, then keep the work going on minigames. Maybe I can add one more (the mad scientist with an Ion Cannnon)

BTW, I'll just rename Black Eagle as T-95 and remake his decritpion :p

5. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you add the one with the reward is a BFG? Cause everyone loves BFG's lol.

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I can add on this one. BFG can be acquired inside the scientist base :D

7. Angry_Bovine

Angry_Bovine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, I'll just wait till then :)

8. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, tomorrow!!! i will just get it after school......
    Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!! Mini-games!!!
    maybe you can add one every releases....

9. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    USA must steal stealth bomber's plans from USA in order to buy it from secret research center. Is that normal?
    Also, UFO is too weak.

10. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who said a UFO would be stronger or weaker than human technology?
    By todays standards, there is no way to balance a UFO in this game

11. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Other than the fact that UFO's has the technology to travel into space, while we're here with satellites only and we only reached Mars, with a drone.

O a funny thing: I've seen the new transformers movie, and the US destroyer has a railgun on it, would be sweet if there really was a railgun on this map.

12. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

13. Angry_Bovine

Angry_Bovine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I sorta re-read this, and realized that Black Eagle's a really weird name for a Russian super-tank. Hah, that's probably the best way to fix it then.

14. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, Black "EAGLE" = A Super-Tank, lol really weird i also thought that black eagle is an aircraft.

15. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol, I really forgot to rename Black Eagle :p
    ok, i'll do this on next version.

Here is the update, but Im gonna add veterancy system for units and a few more units I forgot to add on this version.
    This one still has lots of new things, including BFGs :D

Hey guys, what you think about the new image preview? Best than older one?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  16. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, looks like zombie infection.....

Veterancy system looks like Heroes and Empires by I forgot the name(i really forgot the name)

okay testing it later i better go to school.....

EDIT: I still have 1 hour before school so i cant test it..... maybe later after school 7:40 P.M. Phil. time i will call my friends too to test it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  17. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, well, you can test it in solo while you cant play with your friends. just dont go get late for school :D

18. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, I want to test it in school during break but i forgot there are no War3 in school computers =DDD. maybe on Internet cafe outside of school before the class i'll just put it in the USB.

19. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey ham ham, i don't know what is the problem with that map but its way too laggy. I like the map but i can't play cause of the laggg :( can you try to fix that?

20. Angry_Bovine

Angry_Bovine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hah, you still have school? That's a bummer. I tested by myself and noticed several misspellings and a number of grammatical issues. I'll take the time to compile all of them some time, or revise them. I noticed at least one bug in game, the most pertinent being perhaps the fact that the Field Medic really doesn't do anything. She can't correctly build the Field Hospital (or whatever it's called) and she can't heal units. The hospital just sits at 80 hp and doesn't get built up, though it does exude a healing aura. I would either give her a "Build Tiny Structure" ability instead or you'd have to give her the ability to repair. Well, the other option is just to give her an actual healing ability (like in StarCraft) and remove the ability to build hospitals. (I mean, does it really make sense that a medic builds the hospital? I'd leave that task to the engineer.) That's all I had time to test before my laptop shut off due to running out of power. I'll go test some other systems and tell you how that goes.