• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
release date is sunday (today)!!
RELEASE IT ALREADY

You are a guy who has 8 posts, no offence but your voice isn't even important here as long as you have nothing better to say.
Now sit on your ass and keep quiet + patient for the release, Im fed up with these stupid comments.
It's up to them if they release it or not, You didn't parcipate in creation of this map so you shouldn't sit there and post pointless stuff just to make the thread junky.

Thank you and have a nice afternoon now.

Level 9
You are a guy who has 8 posts, no offence but your voice isn't even important here as long as you have nothing better to say.
Now sit on your ass and keep quiet + patient for the release, Im fed up with these stupid comments.
It's up to them if they release it or not, You didn't parcipate in creation of this map so you shouldn't sit there and post pointless stuff just to make the thread junky.

Thank you and have a nice afternoon now.

Thanks for that :p

Now, what's left for the open beta map guys?

Hello everyone!

The map is pretty much ready for release now, with only minor polishing left, but sadly, we will not release it tonight. The reason for this is, well, among other things, that we have worked so hard for this moment and want to make sure the map is as polished as we can get it in this state, and that we want some time to work with related things such as writing a release post for ModDB and adding some user friendly hints into the game.

Another reason is that i work at a bakery on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, and have to get up very, very early each monday morning. It would be much more suitable for me to release on monday afternoon for obvious reasons and would relieve me of a lot of stress tonight.

However, vuorma will send a private version for Wowwars and his clan tonight for them to enjoy - if you simply can't wait for tomorrow, contact him and see if you can join in on the fun tonight.

I am really sorry for everyone who stayed up waited, and i am looking forward to seeing you on the release tomorrow afternoon instead!

Also, stay tuned for Vuormas new awesome trailer that will be released tonight!

Level 5
You don't have to excuse yourself. Im ok with that and Im sure that others as well.
The negative comments shouldn't bother you.

We all are normal people made of bone and flesh. We ain't no robots so we also have brains to understand that everybody is limited by life, work or school.

Thanks for posting the information. Waiting for the trailer now.
Farewell mate.

Level 2
Hello everyone!

The map is pretty much ready for release now, with only minor polishing left, but sadly, we will not release it tonight. The reason for this is, well, among other things, that we have worked so hard for this moment and want to make sure the map is as polished as we can get it in this state, and that we want some time to work with related things such as writing a release post for ModDB and adding some user friendly hints into the game.

Another reason is that i work at a bakery on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, and have to get up very, very early each monday morning. It would be much more suitable for me to release on monday afternoon for obvious reasons and would relieve me of a lot of stress tonight.

However, vuorma will send a private version for Wowwars and his clan tonight for them to enjoy - if you simply can't wait for tomorrow, contact him and see if you can join in on the fun tonight.

I am really sorry for everyone who stayed up waited, and i am looking forward to seeing you on the release tomorrow afternoon instead!

Also, stay tuned for Vuormas new awesome trailer that will be released tonight!

That was very stupid of you Fin.... Now i will have to send my evil SS minions after you!!! (lol)

Level 9
Okay heres what happend

Blackjacks Accepted to sponsor or Make your map apart of the clan.

France can cross water to italy (make some pathing in waterlol)

EDIT: You can walk on water everywhere.... -

usa is very over powered it destroyed me (italy) and Exilius (our best wif player(germany)

Pathing is a very large concern. and Income needs some changes but, overall i killed hundreds of americans yet we never conquered paris it was like a WW1 but we sure killed alot more soldiers than they did to us.

Player count is a problem at times but not a problem at all at others i think you should make it 9 by adding allied minors like france and poland and such.

(since our clan is pretty afk and plays men of war half the day we could use some extra men @ US East Clan Bar)

Last edited:
Level 12
Okay heres what happend

Blackjacks Accepted to sponsor or Make your map apart of the clan.

France can cross water to italy (make some pathing in waterlol)

EDIT: You can walk on water everywhere.... -

usa is very over powered it destroyed me (italy) and Exilius (our best wif player(germany)

Pathing is a very large concern. and Income needs some changes but, overall i killed hundreds of americans yet we never conquered paris it was like a WW1 but we sure killed alot more soldiers than they did to us.

Player count is a problem at times but not a problem at all at others i think you should make it 9 by adding allied minors like france and poland and such.

(since our clan is pretty afk and plays men of war half the day we could use some extra men @ US East Clan Bar)

Ops.. It was so long ago since I last saved a wc3 map that I forgot to move my edited miscdata.txt(which allows unlimited terrain height variation) before saving the map, causing the water pathing problem :p

And USA should have got trouble from Japan's side shouldn't i, or is it possible that USA won because of the pathing bug? I'm sure USA hasn't been that much of a problem before. :/

Thinking of that pathing bug, that must have made all the rivers in europe useless for defense.
facepalm.jpg

What about Japan and Soviet, were someone playing them?

We like to keep the player count low because of the low amount of people on battle.net these days and the problem to get a full game. Right now I think that we have the most major important nations, and I guess it wouldn't be fun to play France or Poland just to get owned in the first year if we want to keep it somewhat historically correct (plus that we wouldn't have space for so many more models) :p

lol vuorma, PRETTY EPIC FAIL THERE! xD

well, that is why i didn't want to release it yesterday, oh, the embarrasment.

EDIT: USA starts with virtually no units anywhere (except the ships in pearl harbour and a tiny force in france, and a handful of city defenders) while germany starts with the most, so that seems kinda strange to me. The idea is either that germany should attack france from the ardennes in the north, where there are no defences, or italy should attack from the south (unless he goes for africa). We will see again though when you get a proper version tp play.

Level 9
Maps very nice and polished but the sounds gets very annoying lol. i was playing Azeroth wars with every ten seconds "Were getting pounded over here!"

Make usa not start with usa? could end up fixing some problems there.

Last edited:
Level 1
Gameplay overall:
France/USA should be split into 2 players, time passes so fast it doesn't matter if USA isn't into the action early, maybe give USA Communist China, Poland or something without getting USA's income till later? USSR shouldn't start at war with anyone except Finland at start, China shouldn't be the Germany of Asia. Make some connection between Asia and Europe. Most important thing is vision at start so you know where cities are located at the start, I'm pretty sure cities can't hide, divisions can (and it's hard due to espionage and estimates) but cities definitely can't hide. It is annoying guessing where USSR cities are when you invade them as Germany.

For Britain:
Should start with Canada, without Syria, Dublin should be a medium city instead of large and with a bigger starting navy (Royal Navy was one of the best at the time) also southern Ireland should start neutral.

For France/USA:
Should get USA taken away at start while Syria, Indochina, Algeria given to make up for not having USA, could become Vichy France by allying Germany or French Resistance?

For USSR:
T-34s should be gotten in 1941, otherwise people just mass them and have like 100 of them by 1941.

For Finland:
Vyborg should be a medium city while Northwestern Finland should be small.

For Germany:
Income is tiny, assuming they have to fight the entire USSR, the entire USA, UK, France, Poland from day one. Two possible solutions could be either make USA join the war much later and make USSR be busy fighting Finland instead of Germany or make Germany's income 2.5x larger.

For Japan:
Taiwan needs to be reduced from 2 Large cities to either 2 medium, 1 medium 1 small or 2 smalls. Taiwan didn't have a larger econonomy than all of China even after the Chinese 1945-1950 Civil War and the Nationalist escape to Taiwan.

For China:
Their income is fine but they're the Germany of Asia in units.

For Italy:
Eastern Libya starts neutral even tho it was fully Italian in September 1939.

Countries diplomatic status: (so that USSR isn't in the war on day one)
Germany at war with UK and France, allied to Italy
Italy at peace with everyone, allied to Germany
Finland at war with USSR
Japan at war with China and Britain
Britain at war with Germany and Japan
France at war with Germany
USSR at war with Finland
China at war with Japan

That's my 2 cents for this amazing game.

Level 12
Gameplay overall:
France/USA should be split into 2 players, time passes so fast it doesn't matter if USA isn't into the action early, maybe give USA Communist China, Poland or something without getting USA's income till later? USSR shouldn't start at war with anyone except Finland at start, China shouldn't be the Germany of Asia. Make some connection between Asia and Europe. Most important thing is vision at start so you know where cities are located at the start, I'm pretty sure cities can't hide, divisions can (and it's hard due to espionage and estimates) but cities definitely can't hide. It is annoying guessing where USSR cities are when you invade them as Germany.

Well as I said above, "I guess it wouldn't be fun to play France or Poland just to get owned in the first year if we want to keep it somewhat historically correct (plus that we wouldn't have space for so many more models)". I however would like France to be a neutral country, but me and Fingolfin just havn't agreed yet. And the problem with starting countries neutral instead of war is that you don't get warned if an neutral army marches into your country, so that opens the possibility to walk straight in with your army to your enemy and then turn war on him without him even noticing it.

If you go to western Asia you actually get to eastern Europe(russia).

And we actually replaced that small toggle creep camp vision button at the minimap to toggle city display on the map instead, but it is not mentioned anywhere, could probably add some hints for that.

For USSR:
T-34s should be gotten in 1941, otherwise people just mass them and have like 100 of them by 1941.

For Finland:
Vyborg should be a medium city while Northwestern Finland should be small.

For Germany:
Income is tiny, assuming they have to fight the entire USSR, the entire USA, UK, France, Poland from day one. Two possible solutions could be either make USA join the war much later and make USSR be busy fighting Finland instead of Germany or make Germany's income 2.5x larger.

The fact that we only use 1940, 1943 and 1945 as requirement is mostly a balance issue and would in the end probably not be worth adding specific dates for each unit.

Vyborg was Finlands biggest city after Helsinki 1939 and Rovaniemi among the biggest in north.

I agree with Germanys income and think that it should be okey if we make France neutral instead of owned by USA. Also, personally I would like if Germany started with an even bigger army or resources, as they have three pretty open fronts.

On a sidenote to everyone, when we publish the map today please keep these posts to our forums instead rather than this thread.

Level 1
Well as I said above, "I guess it wouldn't be fun to play France or Poland just to get owned in the first year if we want to keep it somewhat historically correct (plus that we wouldn't have space for so many more models)". I however would like France to be a neutral country, but me and Fingolfin just havn't agreed yet. And the problem with starting countries neutral instead of war is that you don't get warned if an neutral army marches into your country, so that opens the possibility to walk straight in with your army to your enemy and then turn war on him without him even noticing it.

If you go to western Asia you actually get to eastern Europe(russia).

And we actually replaced that small toggle creep camp vision button at the minimap to toggle city display on the map instead, but it is not mentioned anywhere, could probably add some hints for that.

The fact that we only use 1940, 1943 and 1945 as requirement is mostly a balance issue and would in the end probably not be worth adding specific dates for each unit.

Vyborg was Finlands biggest city after Helsinki 1939 and Rovaniemi among the biggest in north.

I agree with Germanys income and think that it should be okey if we make France neutral instead of owned by USA. Also, personally I would like if Germany started with an even bigger army or resources, as they have three pretty open fronts.

On a sidenote to everyone, when we publish the map today please keep these posts to our forums instead rather than this thread.

Check Vyborg, it is small ingame, I didn't want to suggest a radical change (from small to large) so I said medium, but just don't make it small xD

PS: If France is neutral how will Britain be able to help them hold Germany? Also it'll be easy for the French to get destroyed by Germany, although yeah making them a new player would 1. Unbalance game 4v5 2. WC3 doesn't have that many players. I'm in for either 1. Neutral or 2. 2nd Player, the current status of France having bigger income than Germany and Italy combined isn't pretty.

PS2: The Green and Orange circles are really big and annoying, it'd be fairly better if you could have vision at first 0.5 sec and then it fades like in most games otherwise you don't know if Vietnam has cities or not and if you go there and it doesn't have cities you just spent 1 whole month for nothing. (Has happened to me several times while testing)

PS3: About Taiwan, another idea is to make it 1 Large City instead of 2 Medium ones, they're basically right next to eachother and Taiwan wasn't the economic power of Asia back then. Maybe 1 Medium?

PS4: Fix waterbug for today's release xD and maybe add some of the retouches Wowwars and me suggested :D (Obviously not the USA/French issue, but maybe Vyborg from small to medium/large, Taiwan being 2 large cities to 1 or 2 medium, Eastern Libya (Benghazi) to Italy, USSR starting at war with Germany to neutrality, etc.

Last edited:
Level 12
Check Vyborg, it is small ingame, I didn't want to suggest a radical change (from small to large) so I said medium, but just don't make it small xD

Ops, yea that's correct, sorry :p

PS: If France is neutral how will Britain be able to help them hold Germany? Also it'll be easy for the French to get destroyed by Germany, although yeah making them a new player would 1. Unbalance game 4v5 2. WC3 doesn't have that many players. I'm in for either 1. Neutral or 2. 2nd Player, the current status of France having bigger income than Germany and Italy combined isn't pretty.

Well, they didn't really manage historically did they? France was lost in a month(May-June 1940). I always thought that France should be a neutral country, even if they are, the british could always try take it before Germany does. Also, it will lower USA's income and let them perhaps focus more on the pacific to begin with. We havn't agreed yet however.

PS2: The Green and Orange circles are really big and annoying, it'd be fairly better if you could have vision at first 0.5 sec and then it fades like in most games otherwise you don't know if Vietnam has cities or not and if you go there and it doesn't have cities you just spent 1 whole month for nothing. (Has happened to me several times while testing)

Well, you only turn it on when you want to see the cities right? Then turn it off.

And if you do the vision and fade thing you won't see where you have previously been and the map gets reaally too colorful from all the buildings :p

And yea we'll fix the waterbug and perhaps some more of what you have mentioned. But didn't you see my respone to the neutrality?

"And the problem with starting countries neutral instead of war is that you don't get warned if an neutral army marches into your country, so that opens the possibility to walk straight in with your army to your enemy and then turn war on him without him even noticing it."

Forgot to say it yesterday but the trailer is awesome!
good job Vuorma :goblin_good_job:

Just played a 3 hr game with clan BAR, great game indeed!
Had some pretty intense fighting with China as Japan and surprisingly got invaded by the US on my main islands which got me stranded in china/korea and on the phillipines/new zeeland. Eventually managed to surround China through mongolia and captured the crossing at Yang Tze river through heavy air bombardment.
I then secretly built a fleet in the solomon islands that i used to capture pearl harbour, although much was sunk on the return voyage by a lurking american submarine fleet. In the mean time, axis powers gained the upperhand in europe which allowed germany to send support through the gobi desert to repel american invasion forces arriving at northern china. Pockets of chinese resistance fought fiercly for the remainder of the game, but as Britain and Russia fell in europe, victory was ultimately achieved by the axis.

Level 12
Bah.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OMG I CANT BREATH
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA, god.. fingo ilove you! xD
MUAHSUAHSUAHUAHAHAH.jpg

tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.