• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Would you be interested in working in a community project?

Would you be interested in working on the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Im Having Trouble with Photoshop, though i want to Draw the UI on Paper with pencil how i think it should look like i have cool idea for it, but it will take time to make since im busy with school.

Edit1: Statharas im not very good with 3D Modeling but i like to try to model, so Point me! :)

Level 6
Yeah okay, hmm i would prefer it to be from birds-eye view like in warcraft, it's actually crucial for aiming and dodging properly, with a different view it would be a totally different gameplay and feel to it and i don't think it would be for the better
So pathfinding is necessary then i guess, idk, but since you said so :p

Level 21
You do need pathfinding. If there exists any non-zero number of game objects within a space, you need pathfinding to determine how the unit should walk.

It's sure simpler though. You can just do it like it's done in SC2 and many other games. And that is, objects to close to eachother push away.
That way you can essentially order the unit to move straight and if the obstacle isn't huge, then it will work.

You do need pathfinding. If there exists any non-zero number of game objects within a space, you need pathfinding to determine how the unit should walk.
transform.translate(vector3.forward) with rigidbody and character controller. Owned, biatch :3

But yeah, to push objects away, I have to think of something. Maybe using Physics instead.

Level 6
So....sup?
1 week and no comments....anyone doing anything? :p
Would be cool to see some concepts on spells, models, arenas, UIs etc
I don't even know what style we want to go for....coming up with concepts is a great way to get the wheels spinning and maybe even make us descide on a theme/style ;)

Level 6
Spell concepts regarding effects and/or how they could look like should be pretty fun to come up with and very important when it comes to how the game will turn out in the end ;)

Arena concepts are hard to find inspiration for, but different obstacles we could place on the arenas should be pretty cool though, can be many different things i guess, but i would prefer it to not be smth stupid or cartoony ofc :p

Hero concepts are awesome aswell though, gonna be fun to see all the different concepts gathered and start picking out the best ones hehe :D

Level 28
WOW! Master, I'm no Master ;D you are. Come to think of it.. you even train masters ;)
Hmm.. obstacles. You know, that gives me an idea, Jolly, obstacles like in Heroes while in combat? (fallen tree, a hole in the ground (filled with lava to dmg in this case), etc.?)

Now, I made some Arena Concepts as .. how the arena would look like from above, a cross, a circle, etc. the basic ones and some weird, I made one like a + and an akropol (how do you write that.. acropol) in the middle which has huge columns and is opened to each of the | and _ parts of the +. It is ruined (fallen roof or half-roof which will be hidden like in diablo when you're looking from above it, something like that) and vines around the + which damage you (lava). It is all leafy and viny :\ kinda like that. It's hard to draw it though, I'm not good at perspective and buildings.. I'll just share the idea, :cgrin:

and kinda, spell concepts.. let me think. It IS fun to come up with Jumper, but. Hard xd!
Something like. I don't know. The basic ones fireball, icebolt etc. - so far so good. but how EXACTLY would they look like?

Maybe, the fire ball will be more like a fire ball in front and shadowy flames behind? and the icebolt.. like in warcraft3? like the head of a spear (frost) and with. cold stuff behind :D

Level 6
Obstacles can be sooo many different things, mostly i was thinking about obstacles to use as protective walls like the pillars in Warlock, but they can also be stuff like sticky swamp spots, quicksand, slippery ice, fragile tiles etc. etc.
We could maybe have some obstacles work as traps as long as they are clearly marked and not too lethal, unfair randomness should be avoided :p

The spells don't have to be just straight forward projectile spells, just look at the spells from warlock like Gravity, Link, Windwalk etc. etc.
And how they look like would ofcourse have to come after we figure out how they could function ;)

Level 6
We should have the concept before we start making them and i was thinking that coming up with different obstacles could provide some inspiration regarding the theme of different arena concepts ;)

Level 16
If I only wasn't so busy! Maybe when I am done with my stuff and have free time, in the near future perhaps.

Edit: Interesting proposal, Some really great artist and coders from this site could merge their ideas and efforts together to achieve something that might be good.
Maybe if it turns out well enough, someone with knowledge and leadership skills could create something like a company. I'd be joining to if I wouldn't have so much stuff to do and I also have my career to think about.

Level 9
I read through a lot of these posts, and for one thing I am REALLY interested in working on this. I have a game engine called Leadwerks that I am quite familiar with that uses Lua script. If that is what Unity uses, then I might be able to code (for free of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.