• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Would you be interested in working in a community project?

Would you be interested in working on the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Awesome! :D Loving the enthusiasm to get this shit rolling ;)
I think we need first to figure out how we want the game to be played....like if we want it to be similar to wc3 with everyone first entering a lobby default to their country of origin with different channels you can join or create depending if it exists from before or not.
And a matchmaking system for joining a "random" game with some optional prefixes like [2v2]/[1v1]/[shuffle]/[2-team]/[FFA] etc.

Okay shit i'm at work and gotta go now, they're shutting of the net, but i hope you understand where i'm going with my thoughts here, i'll come back to you tomorrow(in spain only internet at work :p)

Level 28
No! No new threads.. .. I Can't follow so many threads T.T also, we don't even talk that much in here so I don't see what the problem is.. it's not like this is a FULL spammed place where each day you have to read like 4 pages.. no.. like.. 1-2 comments a week -.- lets keep this one

(why is there only net at work jolly! Spain is stopping us from progressing!)

Level 28
urgh.. as I said.. hehe... before... hm... I'm not good at landscapes and such.. territory art.
Although, I DID make some concepts of one area but ergh.. it isn't anything special :\ Maybe hmm.. someone else should. handle that part xD

I have some ideas about the UI but lets first discuss it here - what will we have - Score, NO life Thingy... only bars on head of every unit + spells stuff, menu and ... that's it I guess. Minimap? Nah.. or maybe yes?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That is the DPI or Dots Per Inch. This is the same as pixels per inch.

300 DPI means 300 pixels per inch or 300*300 pixels per inch^2.

You should read the manual of your scanner as often you are allowed to scan at a higher DPI than the scanner physically supports. The result is interpolation which increases pixels without increasing information content. Best results are obtained at the maximum DPI that the scanner physically supports.

After scanning, you may want to do a histogram stretch. This maximizes the intensity spectrum of the image improving contrast without losing information. The differences such an operation does is noticeable, I have recently done that to my avatar which is why it looks much clearer than before. Other histogram operations are also useful for simulating effects like saturation.

Level 6
My vision of how the game will be played:

Step 1 - Doubleclick .exe file

Step 2 - Enter nickname and password

Step 3 - Enter default(editable) channel where you get pinged right away(for matchmaking) with the option to chat with ppl there to gather up a group to play a private/semi-private match or just select what type of game you want to play and join a random(ish) game lobby

Step 4 - Wait for enough players while voting for modes(unless it's a game lobby with a set game mode)

Step 5 - When lobby fills everyone gets pinged again and gets a message with their ping and the average ping of the players in lobby(could also be requested at any time), game starts when enough players have joined, been pinged and enough mode votes have been gathered

Step 6 - Kick some ass and increase those stats! ;D

Okay so thats basicly how i've envisioned it to work :p
I'll be back later today with more of my thoughts, i hope noone takes offense about me sharing them here :)

Level 6
AI is insanely difficult to make for a game like Warlock and most likely it will never be unpredictable enough while still being accurate and competitive enough to be any good :p

But there could be some mode(s) with NPC stuff like survival mode with an endless amount of waves with increasing size/difficulty, solo, co-op or even in a tournament where you compete either 1 by 1 or in groups with some way of fucking up for eachother ;P
And/or a mode could be made very similar to the map Impossible Bosses which is really fucking awesome, but also a huuuge project which i think should be left alone for a while still and lets concentrate on the "Normal mode" first ;)

Btw really nice input there DJ, completely agree :)

Edit:
I'm not sure what is needed first, but if ppl are feeling their creative spirit is tingling we sure could use some concepts on different arenas, heroes, UIs, spells and maybe even icons so there's alot to do for many different artists! :)
The programming part is not something i can help with or know much about in general so where to start on that part i don't know, but i would guess we'd start with the gameplay, like how the heroes move/shoot and how the arena shrinks etc. but maybe also other stuff is needed to be implemented in the beginning like damage points(if we add that so the more dmg you've taken in a single round aka the more DP you got the stronger the knockback from getting hit by spells would affect you) and other stuff i can't remember right now, gotta go, they're shutting off the net at work now, hasta mañana :)

Last edited:
Level 30
I am going to scale the width of the buttons based on Screen.width soon, so they'll look better. I tested it only inside the editor, so I was surprised to see it in 1366*768 :p

Anyway, let me know about what you think of the UI setup.

Also, turn on captions.

The UI looks great but if I can give my feedbacks (even I am a noob at this).... I think there should be more designs for the button and also maybe a picture at the empty spaces. Lol and I do know its not yet complete so let us just go on.:grin:

Level 6
At first i loved ur way of choosing the modes, but when i think about it it's alot more limited than i had imagined it to be :p

I envisioned it to be more like this:

First pick main mode:
1v1
FFA
# teams of #
Tournament
Domination
CTF
Survival mode
Boss mode
etc....

Then pick sub modes depending on what you picked as your main mode like; how many players, picked or shuffled teams, high or low gold etc.

And ofcourse you can leave some of the options at random or lobby-vote if we go for that aswell ;)

Awesome that you've started trying some stuff out, how long did it take you to make that btw? Good to know for later possible concept requests about such stuff :)

Level 11
At first i loved ur way of choosing the modes, but when i think about it it's alot more limited than i had imagined it to be :p

I envisioned it to be more like this:

First pick main mode:
1v1
FFA
# teams of #
Tournament
Domination
CTF
Survival mode
Boss mode
etc....

Then pick sub modes depending on what you picked as your main mode like; how many players, picked or shuffled teams, high or low gold etc.

And ofcourse you can leave some of the options at random or lobby-vote if we go for that aswell ;)

Awesome that you've started trying some stuff out, how long did it take you to make that btw? Good to know for later possible concept requests about such stuff :)

Its gooda s it is we can allways add new modes with patches... We should do the main things right now and its Great Keep up the good work Stat

Level 28
Check all the people who said "Yes" to the Question - will you participate, and probably the "Maybe" ones. And, even if we don't have, I'm sure that after we're almost done more people will be eager to join and some of them will be modelers I believe.

And also - we don't need many models, except doodads.

What? Spells? Particle effects and such. +5 types of warlocks (for now).. it isn't much. And doodads aren't such.. hard to make models. I mean, they don't use many polygons anyway. It's the texture which is the hard part in doodads (if it has to be custom) but we can handle that, we have many artists in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.