• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Tested and works!
Edit you can write "adv time" to advance time, but if time is 5:00 you have to wait until the next hour or else trigger will not work( for example the trigger activates at 15:00, if its 14:30 and you use "adv time" it wont activate!)
Edit 2: just noticed your post above and i have a question, why should the trees die? xD, anyways thats easy , but i have to work with doodads and i can only open map without doodads xD

Last edited:
Level 7
Thats impossible cause ya cant use variables to check what time it is , if there is another way tell me!
Was it just me or hive was down??

Level 11
Thats impossible cause ya cant use variables to check what time it is , if there is another way tell me!
Was it just me or hive was down??

create an integer variable which is basicly 0.
when it's 12, for example, change the value of the integer to 1 and turn on the "second trigger".
in the second trigger do something like:
Events: Every 1 second
Conditions: /
Actions: If/then/else
If "integer" is 1
then do blabla
turn of this trigger
else do nothing

That should work for checking which time it is... presumed that there is an event like "When the time is 12"...
i didnt test that system, but this integer thing i tested. if you want it more precisely, then change the "Every 1 second" to a lower amount.

Level 7
There's a more simple trigger, but i need Hawk 07's help to do it, cause it would involve adding 1 extra unit to the game(invisible and unselectable of course) but ill do it later if it's really needed

Level 10
Hehehehehe! I AM BACK!
The three previous days were fantastic for me and gave me many ideas on the project! I just checked the posts I missed! I downloaded all the attached maps and otherr things and I think the rpoject is moving on steadily but slowly! We are just near 30%.
Now we will start working on triggers, units, heroes, skills, etc.
Velm, very good terrain, stop working on it for now and we may improve it some more before we complete the map 50% for the demo.
About the weather, it was really a waste of time and I already have my own way to make it in GUI with very simple means. However, I appreciate your work and I wont just say "It's useless"! I will check it out and I think we will use it.
About the WE problems with the doodads, w8 some more, we will upload a protected version only openable in Warcraft III and not WE and this will make you able to see everything I think.
DarkHunter, I love the Barracks model.
Lord-T-Rex, the grandma is better than in real worms 3D.
Super-Sheep, are you gonna help me with triggering?
About the sudden death effect, we are gonna make this in the end and it will be made a little different. We are gonna use green fog and we wont raise the water. Then after 2 mins the worms in the map will start lose HP and soon more and more till they die. It will better than flood the map. Medics will spawn 3 times a minute, whereas 1 normally, and bunkers will provide HP regen (which will be equal to the sudden death damage in the beggining and less later). During the sudden death game tanks will spawn more often and worm soldiers will be able to use Stoneskin (which will make them lose no life but will start work after 10 mins of sudden death).

WE NEED:
Ideas on items.
Ideas on Heroes.
Ideas on Units.
Ideas on Hero Skills.
Ideas on special game effects.

I am happy that the thread is alive and that the project moves on that fast.
Good job guys! Now I will start working once again on it!

Level 10
Thnks for the idea. By the way Hunter, can you make the towers in the Barracks have team color on the top? I mean the upper part of them! Please make this fast! If you dont know how, I cant help, try the tutorials maybe!

EDIT: Good system, but really it lags as hell. It may be useful if we change the triggers and make the disasters a little smaller. With max disaster level 100!

Level 10
Ok, I like the idea, but right now I dont mind the flood effect and all of this stuff. We need to make units and some skills, items and more essential things.

I have almost completed the spawning system, which is really nice and I think you'll like it. It is really easy to understand if you know GUI. Will upload in a min!

UPDATE: Added a really simple but very useful spawning system. Just set a rally point for your barracks for starters and w8 to see your worms move to that point!

Attachments

• Worms Edited with spawning system.w3x
    904.9 KB · Views: 46
Level 11
i love it. i works very properly
in future maps you should raise up the camera for a better view and maybe reduce the size of the amry worms!

Hey there. If you want a third-person camera system with arrow key control i can make one for you. Check my post attachment.

how long does the camera needs to react in this system?

EDIT: i've checked out... this works very nice and would be a nice addition to the map maybe

Level 10
Sounds good, but the camera doesnt fit this project! I suppose we could make it look like the normal game camera but be able to rotate and zoom in and out with some abilites from a dummy hero unit which will be outside the palyable area! It would be nice and more usefun than this!

Level 10
Ok, but not key movement guys. Because many people are used to work with the arrows to move camera and this could be a problem.
We will make it a hero dummy to use it. It will be selectable with F1 and the camera will change probably with some keys! Like U,H,J,K because WASD cannot work because of A and S hotkeys as attack and stop. Except if we repath these which will be even bigger problem!

Level 10
You could make the arrow keys work normally and when the player presses the rotate left skill the camera will rotate to the left, but when the player presses left key it will move to the left! Or you could make the arrow keys work normally and if the camera worm is selected the arrow keys will rotate and zoom in and out the camera. Simple and better I suppose! This will make everbody happy:p

Level 10
Just make it till the end of next week. That's the deadline! Till then we need to have finished the project 50% or more for the demo. So start working! And a question for the others: What loading screen will we use? The one we chose in previous pages? I cant find it, so can anyone plz make me a link to that post? Thx!

Level 10
Yeah, I know but it will be an Alpha Test anyways! I mean it is the first test for the tester team we are gonna get. None of us is gonna be a member of it. We will recruit testers for the project and they will dot detailed Alpha and Beta tests! This will help us a lot and will also give us many ideas because they will play the map, not create it! Do u now understand why I want this demo? :p

BTW the link doesnt work. It gives me 404!

Level 10
No, exactly opposite. It is completely private. We will form a team of about 10 testers and they will find out any problems and/or things that are not that good.
Nobody except from the testers and the makers will have played the map till the Beta test release which will be public. Alpha test is completely private as I said and we wont take part in it! Ok?

The link is ok now!

Level 7
I'm back!I read all posts and my problem is not being able to play it with doodads, it's just not being able to open in WE, thats not really a problem unless i have to make something with doodads.

Level 11
No, exactly opposite. It is completely private. We will form a team of about 10 testers and they will find out any problems and/or things that are not that good.
Nobody except from the testers and the makers will have played the map till the Beta test release which will be public. Alpha test is completely private as I said and we wont take part in it! Ok?

The link is ok now!

I'm your opinion.

Level 7
Originally Posted by Hawk07 View Post

The link is ok now!
I'm your opinion.
Make it two//15 characters\\

Level 10
Ok, Luthion, check out the spawning system and tell me your opinion. I would need some more help from you Luthion soon!

Lord-T-Rex, we will talk for the demo later. Now can you make me some attachments for ovehead? I need the to make worm units seem different!

I need two swords crossed forming an X over the head of the unit!
I need a bazooka overhead attachment that will be like a shadow of the original bazooka model and will be a lot smaller! Same with shotgun!
And we will see if we need more later!
Soon we will have made the tank unit and some more triggers will be ready soon. Then we go for items and skills!

What do you mean by "Make it two"? Make two teams for the Alpha Test? Make two tests? Make the number of testers two? What exactly?

EDIT: Lord-T-Rex, forget about the attachments! I found a better way!

JUST make me a soldier helmet of World War 2 or something like this! And make it fit the worm's head. This will be for the bazooka ones. The armed peasants will have a farmer hat (maybe we can find one of these) and the shotgunners will have a cloth cap (you must make this) that will look soldier-like from World War 2 as well! Kamikazes will have a headband!

That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.