• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The THING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
attachment.php

attachment.php

Area%

Terrain
Triggers
Abilities
Systems
Overall

IIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII

What is The THING?
The THING will be a creature that can shape change to almost anything on the map. Everyone will know who The THING is, this is not like a "Who's the killer" game. The original shape of The THING will be very strong. This is why humans will start in a very fortified army base. If you are killed by The THING, you will be sent to his cave and either join him or wait to be rescued. The THING can also shape change to look like you or somebody else. There will be lots of wild life in the area, this will help The THING stay hidden. The THING's objective is to kill all humans.

Every human player will choose one hero, you will be then spawned in your base. There will be 10 vehciles including 1 helicopter. These vehciles may have up to 1-2 people each vehicle, so if there were 9 players, 2 people may go in the helicopter and 7 others will enter the other vehciles, or just foot it (bad choice though)

What does The THING do?
Well, The THING acts like a God in the game, he can basicly do what ever he wants and when he wants to do it. He lives in this large abandonded mining cave. He has an ability that can shape change in to anything he likes, the wild life or someone else on the other team. Another aura ability is when anything touches The THING, The THING has mind control over them. Lets just say that any AI units will have permenet control.

What am is going to be in the gameplay?[/]
The gameplay will have you scared at most times, i have made a small basic system with lightning and thunder and rain with some special effects amungst the dead trees. And In some areas you have a great view. The terrain is made up out of 4 sets of terrain, Lordaeron Grass/Dirt, Snow/Winter, Wasteland(for the caves) and rough/hard tones of terrain for the horror part of the map.

Sample Terrain Images:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A Team is needed for this project!

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 301
  • TheThing.jpg
    TheThing.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Level 14
Why not use a trigger who save the thing stats and remplace the thing by the target for the morphing ability and giving to the new form the ability take original form and the ability take target form.when a unit launch take original form we remplace the unit by the thing and we put saved stats in the unit

Level 14
no I am saying the thing have an ability called take target form If the thing cast this ability he take the form of the target the thing stats are saved and the remplacing unit gains the ability take original form and when a unit cast take original form she is remplaced by the thing and the saved stats are given to the remplacing unit also I hate world editor unlimited

Level 11
File size is only 1.3mb =D, I don't go for the large files :\ My limit is at least 70kb and lower.

Edit: Well, some models maybe 100-200, but i needed them :\
Edit: But most are 1kb big

Edit: Updated infomation and 1 new image

attachment.php

Attachments

• updated thing.JPG
    updated thing.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Level 11
Oh yeah! True True....

Edit: 6 new (InGame) Images have been added.

Attachments

• The THING Image1.JPG
    The THING Image1.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 256
  • The THING Image2.JPG
    The THING Image2.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 221
  • The THING Image3.JPG
    The THING Image3.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 251
  • The THING Image4.JPG
    The THING Image4.JPG