• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
attachment.php

attachment.php

PRESENT
attachment.php

...Missed me? I was not posting for a long time, when one day I came across the worm model of LORD-T-REX! And my head got full of ideas!

Project Introduction:
I always loved worms and now I have a chance to go wild with the model I found. So this map is an AoS map (I hope to interest some DotA fans) but an RTS map as well. Players will command a Worm Hero (same for all players), with all kind of weaponry except from some skills they will get from items. As well as this, they will command a worm army.
Making Team
Hawk07 (Head developer)
Lord-T-Rex (Modeller)
DarkHunter1357 (Modeller)
Velm (Icon maker/Terrainer)
Luthion (Main Triggerer)
Special Thanks
Lukas (Source Finder)
Super-Sheep (Misc Things Helper)
RolePlaynGamer (Camera System)
HappyTauren (Modelling helper/Misc Helper)
T3MPL4R (Cinematic and YouTube Video Maker)
Testing Team
ALPHA TEST TEAM
RolePlaynGamer
Luthion (if we lack testers)
Thandien
the cake is a lie
Dark-Wizard
snebulan
mokkil123
Oats123
Ultimatus from Warcraft 3 Creations!
Shadow_Fox
Overdose
joeoj
hawk900
Videosurfer101
emperor_d3st (*offered to test the map in a Local Area Network(aka LAN) with his own team - we are ok with this as far as your summary includes the reviews of the whole team not only yours!*)
Recruiting... (need some more testers for the Alpha Test)

Gameplay:
-Heroes will be commanded as in DotA.
-Armies will be commanded by a special system that all players will have. It will be three circles and every player will have a wisp. They will move the wisp in any one they want the army to go and the army spwaning every some seconds will go straight there. E.g. a player moves the wisp to the up circle - the army will go to the up lane. When he moves the wisp to the mid circle the army spawning will move to the center lane but the ones in the up lane will remain there if not commanded to go to the mid lane.
-Castles will be built by special worms spawning every some time.
-Items will be bought from shops and will focus on abilitie more than stats.
-Towers will not be like in DotA, but there will be fortresses that will block the enemies to come to your team's main base.

MORE INFO COMING SOON....

:cute:THE PROMISED INFO:cute:

Well, I am now making the abilites and I NEED the model of the tree Lord-T-Rex made as well as the plant someone made that I could use. I have already planned some things and the map will be a HeroCraft/AoS/RTS/Siege map. Sounds complex but thinhs are easier than you think.
Here are some more things:
1.You choose your Hero main stat (Agi-based, Str-based or Int-based)
2.You choose which of the other two stats you want more improved. - e.g. you choose agility hero and you will be asked if you prefer STR or INT as secondary stat. The chosen main stat will be higher than the two others and the one of the two others chosen will be stronger than the other - choosing Int will boost int and leave you with less Str and vice verca!
3.You choose Abilities - all abilites will be slot-classified, different ones for slot one and slot two or three.
NOTE: Slot 1 and 2 abilites are active, slot 3 is passive and 4 is ultimate.
4.Now the game starts. There will be only one mode at the first versions but more will come sooner or later.
5.Control your production building to send your units at a specific lane. Now creeps will be spawned and will be controllable as well.
6.Start leveling and sieging the enemy castles till you get to their main base.
NOTE: Strategy is very important - maybe cover places will be made so that players will be able to take cover in the forest, a lower piece of land etc.
7.Get items and defend your base when needed, help your allies at middle lane while you push firther in upper lane etc. Teampley is E S S E N T I A L!
8.The game ends when you destroy the enemy's Flag Building (that has quite much life)! If you liked the game, play it once more!
The above info is not that useful but it still can outline how the map works!

Here are some screenshots from the earliest modifications made on the map.
NOTE: The unit panel shows peasant. It is because the units arent made yet so I chose to make the model a peasant for now. It wotn be like this in-game!

1.gif

Here you can see a worm on a tower outside the lane. Just for test but you can still see how things will look like!

2.gif

Worms Wall Fighting!!!! Classic Worms Forts Action. This is the upper lane of the one team.

3.gif

Mean looks! A fight is about to begin! You can see the bridge in the middle lane, which will be used for fast and more destructive attacks!

4.gif

An image in the river's bank. Look at the river banks - they are not like in many maps, they look a lot more normal, like a river would be in real life. Realism is very important even for a map like this!

New Screenshots

attachment.php

Image 1: You can see the small camp areas scattered all round the map!
attachment.php

Image 2: Here's the little farm of one of the sides. The farm building may not be this one as a new one may be imported!
attachment.php

Image 3: One more image of a small fortress. Behind the worm you can see an outpost. A really nice model from Kofi-Banan!
attachment.php

Image 4: One more iamge of the outpost. In the back part you can see the wooden walls - thanks to Illidan(Evil)X for both these and the stone ones.

Post comments on these images!

UPDATE
Progress: 30-35%
Current changes:
1. Made 3 units - Bazooka Shooter, Sniper and Armed Peasant
2. Spawning system made but not completed because not all units are ready.
3. Terraining almost completed - w8ing for the final touches by Velm.
4. A specially designed camera system is under development by RolePlaynGamer.
5. More units to come in the next few days.
6. Started recruiting testers for the Alpha Test. Feel free to tell us if you want to help with this!

UPDATE (17-4-08):
All 6 Heroes done!
Choose Hero and Style System done!
Multiboard is on the making by Luthion!
Terraining made as good as possible by Velm.
Items and skills coming soon!
Still asking for testers for Alpha test!

UPDATE: New screenshots
Date: 25-04-2008
Bunker - classic fortification and strategic point of the map!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27452&stc=1&d=1209126292

Farm - you can see the farm and the crops as well as a farmer worm :)xxd:)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27453&stc=1&d=1209126475

Fortifications - front of the walls lies the Hell for every worm soldier!:cry:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27454&stc=1&d=1209126513

Small fortification - Overlooking the walls ready for battle. You can see the river in the background.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27455&stc=1&d=1209126601

Heroes Battling - How does this stupid bazooka work? Oh take this n00b!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27456&stc=1&d=1209126638

Items Shop - The first shop we made. Needs improvement but it looks good.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27457&stc=1&d=1209126696

Village - Just to spice up the map or to rush attacks from these small and peaceful villages.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27458&stc=1&d=1209126750

Hero Skill Choosing - Choosing skills when the game begins.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27459&stc=1&d=1209126801

Worms on Walls - Ready to protect their lands with their lives!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27460&stc=1&d=1209126844

Took a while to make and upload but they are worth!

UPDATE:
27-04-2008
Map thread started in warcraft3creations. Check it here!!!

TO BE DONE TILL ALPHA VERSION - (28-04-2008)
1. Add the tank to the spawning system. OK!
2. Make the bunkers work. - Luthion said he would do this system.
3. Add the custom unit Icons Velm made. OK!
4. Add the weaponry Icons Velm made.
5. Make the ultimate skills.
6. Make sudden Death effect.
7. Make the rest items for levels 5,10,15.
8. Make victory conditions.
9. Add loading screen.
10. Make the Hero Armory.
Note: The ones marked with OK! are completed.

All be patient the Alpha is coming!

HOSTED PROJECT (1st May 2008)
We proudly announce that Warcraft 3 Creations is going to make us a Hosted Project! When our part of the forums is created there we are going to make a link!!! A great thanks to Deathcom3s!!! Please join Warcraft 3 Creations - a fast growing Wc3 modding community!

BLOG (1st May 2008)
Soon I am going to make a Blog for the project (probably tomorrow). Please be patient! The map is going to be ready soon but till then you will be able to know our progress via thousands of sites.

Note: If any site wants to make us a hosted project just infomr us here somehow or in the blog when it is made! Thank you all for the support!

BLOG created (2nd May 2008)
We just got the blog up and running - Worms 3D for Warcraft III
Post comments there and here as well and dont forget to vote in the blog!

Team Mail (2nd May 2008)
Since today we have a mail for you to contact us: [email protected]
Feel free the inform us for anything important about the project!

Information on the Map from the Blog (2nd May 2008)
Startup Information

Ok, so you download the map and get online in B.net to play it with you friends or get to an internet cafe with your friends to try it out. The map loads and the game starts.
First of all you are going to say "This is not DotA-like"! And that is true. There are no towers just walls and some little fortifications known as bunkers. I will explain more later.

When the game starts you must choose a Hero. Important decision and remember that there are many Heroes not just six, you will understand what I mean in the next lines. So let's say you choose your Hero. Now you choose a style. This is done mostly to be able to find your Hero and to separate him from other player's Heroes and also from the creeps. After this step you are guided to the HeroCraft area. You must choose skills for each of your slots.

When you are done picking you will have your UNIQUE hero and you will be able to start AFTER you set your lane. You will do that by choosing your barracks building and setting the rally point by right click to any lane or place you want. You can change this at any time.

Now the battle begins. Control your creeps, ambush enemies and find ways to get over the enemy walls. This is more a game based on strategy than strong Heroes and experienced players. As your Hero levels you can access new items. Get over the enemy walls using your tanks or just push forward in the middle lane to destroy the enemy base. When the monument of one team is destroyed the game ends with the team that destroyed the monument winning.

Remember that all units in the map are weak with very low health but with too big damage. This is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. Use it well.

THIS IS THE LATEST INFORMATION WE HAVE POSTED AND WE SUGGEST THAT YOU READ IT CAREFULLY!

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, I will check this out, but the project is already complete about 50% and I think that a shooter game may not be that good cause most of these maps have tons of bugs and problems so this would make things hard in the beginning, especially if in Jass.

IDEA:
Recently, I thought of attaching a save-load system to thsi map so players will be able to continue using the same characters making it more RPG-like. Although this may sound stupid, I want to make this map something original.

*EDIT:*
Lord-T-Rex could you make me some tree models, based on the normal tree from warcraft but change the upper part to seem like a sphere? I mean a normal trunk and a bubble-like leaf part with a more cartoon-like skin to fit the worms map. Thx in advance!

Level 10
Abouth the save/load you're right DukeCz, but I will add it only for a tournament mode or something like this, but I will upload this thing a lot later. Some screenshots are going to be posted quite soon, showing the terrain. Be patient plz! I have only made the lanes, terrain and a little bit of things that I need! Still not able to be posted as a demo map, so....

Level 10
Pretty cool tree. Just make the leaf parts look like spheres y'know balls. Cause this way they seem somehow not as good as expected. And if you could make some environment doodads in the far future. I need none yet. but when you are done with all the others you could make some as well.

Level 10
Of course UchihaSasuke.gr I would like to work with you. If I need any help I will ask you. I may need help with triggers later on so if I really need I will tell ye!

Lord-T-Rex thx a lot for the model! Never mind the delay. Soon the map terraining and doodading will be done and screenshots are coming soon!

Hey Lord-T-Rex, I want to request some more models of buildings to decorate my lanes and areas. I need 3 variations so 3 models. If you have worms 3D try making some models like the buildings there.

EDIT: I have checked out the models of warcraft and the orc building models fit my needs! But if you could make something I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Level 10
I mean to make it look more like a sheep and change the face a little. And also one more favor before you animate it. Make wlak animation a jumpy one. You know like in the normal game! I mean the animation will be named walk but the unit will be jumping and moving front this way ok?

DarkHunter I havent got time this very moment, but I will download and add to the map tomorrow as soon as I get online ok?

Last edited:
Level 11
here's the sheep...
at the moment it doesn't need custom textures, just the newest Worms.blp.
so think about it... i like the sheep the way it is now... it's not the protagonist of the map, it's just a weapon... shouldn't have an own texture i think.
check the animations... you have to add the death explosion via trigger after dying, via dummy unit... ur the one who knows how to do that.
i think the model is acceptable.

Attachments

• Sheep.mdx
    15.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Worm.blp
    43.8 KB · Views: 158
Level 10
Ok, the sheep is ok, you're right it doesnt need all that of detail as it is only a weapon. Thx for all the help till now! DarkHunter I am donwloading the model right now. Ready to start working on the fianl parts of the map and afterwards I will send the screenies!

EDIT: Lord-T-Rex I have some model for the holy grenade and dynamite already, so you dont need to make these necessarily unless you want to. About the granda make her a farting one like in the game. And dont hurry with this one, I will need it in about a week!

Here are some screenshots from the earliest modifications made on the map.
NOTE: The unit panel shows peasant. It is because the units arent made yet so I chose to make the model a peasant for now. It wotn be like this in-game!

1.gif

Here you can see a worm on a tower outside the lane. Just for test but you can still see how things will look like!

2.gif

Worms Wall Fighting!!!! Classic Worms Forts Action. This is the upper lane of the one team.

3.gif

Mean looks! A fight is about to begin! You can see the bridge in the middle lane, which will be used for fast and more destructive attacks!

4.gif

An image in the river's bank. Look at the river banks - they are not like in many maps, they look a lot more normal, like a river would be in real life. Realism is very important even for a map like this!

Last edited:
Level 10
I found some turret models in the models section. But you could upload and if someone wants can use it! I cant do anything cause I am a total stranger to modelling! So anyone wants to animate a turret?
Btw what do you guys think of the screenshots?

I found a tank model by IllidanX, the Terminator 9000 Battle Tank. Do you think it fits the map? If not I would like someone to make me another model of a tank or siege machine!

Level 10
Actually I havent worked the terrain at all yet. Just made the lanes! Can you believe this? Ok, the terrain is going to be ready much sonner than I thought. I will make the lanes first to end with and then start terraining again. Still w8ing for some more models y' know!

EDIT: I completed the wallsetting and I started working on the terrain. I made farm using the plant model of DarkHunter and i have started making some more things. I am now going to make the landscape changes needed and some forts for both teams to defend themselves from side attacks!

Last edited:
Level 11
okay i will start modeling the grandma soon...
i hope i'll get credits on the models in map =)

if u want i'll make some more tree variations... and if darkhunter is buzy with the buildings and i have time i'll animate the turret...

PS: the tank fits our theme!!!
PPS: doodads will follow too, if you want and the map won't be released for a month... in a month i will do and finish all these jobs for sure =D

@hunter: when have you began to model?

Level 10
No animations at all hunter. And guys dont worry about the credits - I will make a credits section in the quests tab (that will be named info) and I will call you guys my modelling team, because 80% of the map's models are yours guys! And withouth the worm there wouldnt be a map like this. I appreciate your help guys and I think that you are one of the best teams.

P.S.: I may need some JASS scripter so if anyone is interested and reads this thread just post here to tell me!

EDIT: The village house is good, but before you end with these could you make one a little taller, like it has two floors? Nice job with this thing and the fact that it uses ingame textures is more than good! We could release a model pack after the project is finished if you guys want, with all credits to you of course!

EDIT:

New Screenshots

attachment.php

Image 1: You can see the small camp areas scattered all round the map!
attachment.php

Image 2: Here's the little farm of one of the sides. The farm building may not be this one as a new one may be imported!
attachment.php

Image 3: One more image of a small fortress. Behind the worm you can see an outpost. A really nice model from Kofi-Banan!
attachment.php

Image 4: One more iamge of the outpost. In the back part you can see the wooden walls - thanks to Illidan(Evil)X for both these and the stone ones.

Post comments on these images!

Attachments

• image 1.jpg
    image 1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3,047
  • image 2.jpg
    image 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,092
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,815
  • image 4.jpg