• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft3 Worms 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, all.

I wanted to post here to see if people would like this map to be made by me:

Name Warcraft3 Worms 3D. The game would be pretty same as Worms games.

You would have all sorts of weapons. Trees would block any spells hitting them.

Good misle effects. For example a rocket flying into air and return from behind somehow. Kind of a 270 degrees rotation in the air. You could pick up items to gain great new weapons like Armagedon , Earthquake , Lightning Impact, and many more. Some weapons could only be picked once in a game.

Also there would be modes to enable one to have unlimited weapons of every type. And modes that would choose which weapons and how many of each every player would have in start.

Player 1 could also choose how many worms each player would have.

Another idea for a mode I had in mind was, that any worm landing on water would die like in Worms.

A mode that turns on events. These events would be like a tornado appears and so any worm flying in the air via either jackpack or knockback would become much stronger.

And much more would come.

So I want to hear if I should start working on this map, and what do you think about it? I also accept if you have any good links for any models/skins/sounds/... that would be good for the map.

Level 7
Rarely played worms but I loved it each time I did. I prefer a 2D aproach, though.

Play Soldiers, use that as a base for your map. (A base concept, I mean).

You could just use that height limit (You know, below a certain level they die, a region I guess) and put some water over it; you can use rock chunks for destroyable terrain.

That's all I had to say for now.

Level 22
Thanks for comment, I'll count in your ideas.

EDIT: Hmm now that I think of it, I don't quite know how to make that whole terrain destroyable.

EDIT2: Well I though of this; Making something walkable with the a terrain skin, like snow or whatever. But is that possible and would it look weird ?

Status
Not open for further replies.