• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm asking because I can do details. i know every Worms 3D map. Since it is going to be like a battlefield(not the game) I could tweak it a bit. And I have a idea how to work those bunkers to add protection with no triggers. And the title is just to attract potential crew members. Ever saw a military recrutement post with details in its title. No because it usually writes something like Join the US marines, thats all. My point is we need JASSers not worms lovers(optional). Dont you agree?

Level 15
ur right!

but i dont understand your protection with no triggers part
1.Ok the trick is to create the bunker as a flying unit targeted as ground.
2.Next add a ablility like devotion aura with small range.
3.Place pathing blockers around the bunker.
Easy as 1, 2, 3

Level 4
Here you have some missiles and explodes models which I found

Attachments

• models2.rar
    297.6 KB · Views: 44
Level 15
To be honest its not up to me whos in or out. Deppends how good triggerer is Hawk07. We have a loading screens (2 versions). Check page 5 or 6. What is IMO?
But doesnt mean you cant help. Talk with the Hawk07 tomorow.

Last edited:
Level 15
Oh oh oh. I forgot AGAIN, T-rex if you are done with the old woman, please make that aeroplane from the worms 3D it will surely be usefull for those airstrikes.

Level 15
Where were you all this time Dark_Hunter1357, any new models? Yes this became chat long time ago about 3 or 4 pages back.
Yea goblin zepelin just couldnt fit, first: its too slow looking, second: nah, why standard models when you have Lord-T-Rex and Dark Hunter 1357 to make it look better.
Gotta go offline see ya tomorow.

Last edited:
I were at scool.

EDIT: Farm Model created!

Attachments

• ViligeFarm.mdx
    18.1 KB · Views: 62
  • farm.JPG
    farm.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, guys I am back online. I asked PurplePoot to make me the script for sudden death.
Good Job on keeping the thread alive, Velm.
DarkHunter, nice work on the farm.
Lord-T-Rex, take your time with the models.
About the triggering part, I am good and I have enough knowledge to make about 80% of the map's triggers myself. The fact is i need some Jass for the hardest parts or some instructions on how to make some things in GUI if possible! One more thing is that when I trigger I get confeused very quickly. I cant work for more than 2 hours cause my head is like a bomb that will blow up on any trigger so I need someone to help me. Super-Sheep, you can join us if you like as a triggerer and a terrainer.
Velm you can also help us with terrain, but the bunkers are set and there is gonna be a system of flags with them, like as if the places are captured. Flags will be placed there automatically and give the owners beneficial buffs.
About the terrain, I will upload a map version sooner or later (tomorrow night at latest) with the terrain and the first units of the map. No Heroes yet.
Walls are indestructible for now cause it may need some work with Jass, but I think it will be ok. I will upload the terrained map only for you guys to see. No editing yet. The final changes will be made in the end, a little before final upload. Leave it as it is for now!
Lukas I will add you in the team as a source finder for us cause I appreciate your help.
We still need some cinematic maker!
One more Jasser could be of use!

THE BAD NEWS: On 12th,13th and 14th of April I will be offline for a school trip, so dont expect the map to progress at these days. I will have uploaded a version and if you want Velm and Super-Sheep, make the terrain a little better. Some parts are totally awful cause I made them in a hurry!

Level 15
No worries, I can make it look good as movie set. But what like style would you like? Battlefield hell, garden(those carrots from blizz are good), or something in worms style? I've uploaded 2 icon updates and 2 model lists. Is Super sheep in or out?

Level 10
Dunno stands for dont know! About the terraining I have made much of it till now. I can send the map now and work on the models and triggers. When the terraining is completed with the final touches by you, you reupload it for me and i import the units and triggers, ok? This will work, right?

Level 15
Yes just, when will it be uploaded? It deppends of the maps completion, how long will detailing take. If you could just import models you want for doodads(I cant load some models).
But I can guarantee that maps terraining will be complete, in latest case sunday.

Level 10
I cant import the models. Choose whichever you want, import them, save the map, close and open the editor again. You will be able to display them all except if there is any problem. Remove nothing and dont change:
1) the pathing blockers and bridges/ramps placed
2) the bunkers
3) the sand bags
4) the walls and towers

My terrain is not that good yet, so you must change some of the terrain art, you can also add new tiles but not remove any of the ones inside.
You shall path some wooden walls only i forgot to.
You may import skins for the path.
You may import skins for terrain except from the path but only if they are used in tiles not existing already.

Got it?

I need it by the night of Monday! I will be three days out! So you have plenty of time to work on it!

Level 10
Ok, I want it to be like two big villages in both sides, a battlefield area round the villages (which is the sacks and bunkers), the river will be a battlefield like area, where the main battle takes place. I want no turrets added as well, cause i want to make them player-built! There are some existing farms that can be used as garden areas (make the crops terrain be surrounded by short grass so that the crops are not like city tiles on grass (you will see what I mean)).
This will be a mixture, not just simple terrain of worms, ok? You can do whatever you like as far as you dont destroy what I have done with the walls and bunkers up to now. Wherever you think we need more sand bags you can add them. I will upload in about 10 mins, but reply first. And remember to show us your work at least once daily. Hear what others say and remember that you do this for the team:)
And a last warning: there is a small area with blight and other things in the right of the map. Dont touch this - it will be the HeroCraft Area!

I am starting to work on the units right now. I will soon tell you the units and Heroe classifications!

Here's the map. You guys can all download but dont try anythig silly, like copying and other things alike, ok?

Level 10
W8 the map is imported but I need to import something before you edit!

Ok imported!

EDIT: Lord-T-Rex, I have a problem with the Worm model. I cant make it play only Attack -1 or Attack - 2 animation. So can you rename the animations to Spell Bazooka and Spell Shotgun and reupload? Plz! DO THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

Attachments

• 05. Ready to get terrained!.w3x
    854.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 10
Pretty good! Keep up the good work!

Lord-T-Rex plz help me with the worm model animations!

EDIT: Velm you must make unwalakable all of the wooden walls. Some are still walkable. So check all the walls twice to be sure!

Velm, this is not terrain, this is art. I consider it much better than in most of the popular maps like DotA for example! And it is!

RE-EDIT: Offline again! Cya tomorrow! Lord-T-Rex I need the model changes as soon as possible. By the time I enter now I want to see more of your changes Velm and hope the map to get even greater!

Level 11
i will upload the changed worms model tomorrow!
for the old lady i need some more time...
animated and detailed models need their time =)
and if you want that airplane i'll model it for you

EDIT: hunter, please don't do it =) since hawk is offline, it's senseless anyway.
and i want to have the original max files!

Level 11
okay, here you are with the worms...
the Worm.mdx is the one with bazooka and shotgun in its model, and the WormNoWeapons.mdx is without weapons. Both with "Spell Bazooka" and "Spell Shotgun" animations.
The models should work.

i will continue working on the old lady now.

and one thing: Kick the WormsWarcry sound out of the map. its a too huge file and it's not needed that importantly, is it?

Attachments

• Worm.mdx
    146.5 KB · Views: 56
  • WormNoWeapons.mdx
    131.4 KB · Views: 83
Level 10
Velm, I need you to reply fast: Have you made me more changes to the map? Cause I need a version to import the new files of Lord-T-Rex.

Good Job, Lord-T-Rex!
DarkHunter what's going on with the barracks model?

EDIT: Lord-T-Rex I still have aproblem now. COuld you rename once again to Bazooka and Shotgun? This shall fix any problem! I mean not Spell Bazooka/Spell Shotgun but "Bazooka" and "Shotgun"!

Level 10
Thx and sorry for requesting so many things, but there were problems that make the game look stupid. I will soon send you some info for the units guys!

EDIT: DAMMMIT THE EDITOR DOESNT RECOGNISE THESE ANIMATIONS. OK, LAST IDEA I HAVE. MAKE THE MODEL HAVE ATTACK AND ATTACK ALTERNATE ANIMATIONS! I MEAN ATTACK FOR BAZOOKA NAD ATTACK ALTERNATE FOR SHOTGUN!

Lord-T-Rex, I am really sorry to ask you all this stuff but the crazy editor has some problems with these. So try what I asked you for now!

Level 10
Ok, I didnt say there is a problem. I was just asking.
Stop for a while when I am ready I will upload!
LORD-T-REX plz make me the animations as asked!

U P D A T E

I have been making the units. For now there are only two:

Armed Peasant (Meele)
Damage: 8-15
Attack Speed: 1 sec cooldown
Movement Speed: 350 ms
Hit Points: 250

Bazooka Shooter (Ranged Splash)
Damage: 23-77
Attack Speed: 3.5 secs cooldown
Movement Speed: 280 ms
Hit Points: 100

Regeneration rates are 0.00 for all units. There will be medics and camps for units to regenerate as well as the bunkers and some places to take cover!

EDIT: Hey guys how can I change range to go over 20000? I have tried Shift+Clicking it, I changed it to 90000 and it is still same. Is it possible to do and if so is it done via gameplay constants? And which one is the constant?

Status
Not open for further replies.