• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft WotLK Warsong Gulch soon BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
//UPDATE\\: New Changes done, Protection Paladin and Warrior bases some of its skills on both agility and strenght, i will nerf them the base defense to balance it with items.
//UPDATE\\: I have a new Skilled Triggerer narutowithkunaii narutowithkunaii from Hiveworkshop.
//UPDATE\\: Changed druid 2 ultimates, now it has only bear form at 40, but when hes on bear he can change directly to cat, and vice versa.
//UPDATE\\: Narutowithkunaii is working on the AoE skills, so they can be also Stat based skills.
//UPDATE\\: New skill brought for World of Warcraft 3.1 Ulduar patch! Black Arrow (Survival Hunter)
//UPDATE\\: Soon new screenshots with class buffs, and the new version of the paladin seal of command

Description

Heroes information

>The goal of the game is to capture 10 flags of the enemy.

>max level of the heroes are lvl 40
>The heroes Come with primary Skill
>They come with 3 Leveling skills too each one has a max lvl 10.
>They have a semi-ultimate one at lvl 31 that has a max lvl 3.
>They have At lvl40 an ultimate skill too

Primary item information

>The Hero has undroppable weapon in starting
>Weapon gives critical strike based on class of Hero
>The weapon has An ability Characteristic to weapon too
>The weapon has the racial of the race of that class
>The Weapon has a buff of each different class and talent.

Pets information

>The pets have 3 leveling skills with max lvl 5
>Beastmastery pets and Exotic pets have additional skills too

Feral druid information

>It has 1 initial skill as all heroes
>It has 2 levelling skills not 3.
>It has one semi-ultimate skill but it doesn't have an ultimate skill.
>It has 1 morph at lvl 40: Dire Bear form, after transforming, he can change from bear to cat and vice versa.

Colaborators and staff

Guneruh (Guneruh - Wc3 Northrend Server) (me): I got the idea starting with a crappy map, with some of the wow classes on a normal melee map, after that i was getting the map as a hobby, til it became very nice so i can post it on battle.net.

Narutowithkunaii (Redmangekyou - Wc3 Lordaeron Server): New Trigger partner from Hiveworkshop.

DeathWing: A partner from Thehelpet.net. He will make the terraining of the map, so it looks as cool as the real warsong gulch :)

Progress

Heroes and skills: 95%
Terraining: 10% DeathWing is doing it.
Triggers: 80% Too much triggers are done, but i just need the final ones.
Items: 5% I supose i will do them.
Testing: 50% Only i tested it on single player, but i will need some beta testers that want to test it when it's finished.

Screenshots
The Intro Screen and the description of the game

An Unholy Death Knight with his skills showing the Death Grip skill

A Frost Death Knight killing a balance druid

The new alliance Blood Death Knight

An Arcane Mage using Arcane Barrage!!

A Frost Mage with his Water Elemental Using Frost Nova+ Ice Lance!

A Feral Druid on Normal Form, Cat Form and Bear form

A Resto Druid with all his awsome healing buffs on him!

A Retribution Paladin pwning a Holy Palading with the Seal of Command proc!

An Enhacement Shaman on party with his two totems attacking with Windfury proc!
A Screenshot of a Rogue being pwned with Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Drain Life, and Curse of Agony!
A Warrior Arms pwning with BLASDESTORM!!
The Initial Item and his Description! (Draenei Huntress with new look)
A shadow priest killing a feral druid with mind flay
A Discipline priest with his new skill! ^^
What class do you want me to take a screenshot with all its skills?

Last edited:
Level 5
First of this is to much text so I haven't read carefully but I thing I didn't miss anything important :D

Since you claim this to be a realistic I thing that only very very few people will play this as they guys who like WoW will play WoW and most of the people who don't play WoW mostly hate it and won't play a map like this.

So you should add something to it maybe additional skills or a whole new class. So you get the WoW gamers to play this map.
And please make a good scaling for the spell damage most arenas I played really failed at this Part.

Level 2
you should read it :), well saying realistic i meant all skills and classes have wow skills, but is not the same playing a wc3 map than a wow battleground, i think the game is very funny, even me when i test it i have fun proving the classes :p and on the spell damage... well i can just say that all casters have low hitpoints but really nice damage so they can kill really fast if they don't get stunned, i think thats the difference between this and wow, on wow right now all classes have an exagerated damage and almost all classes have the same hp, (a warrior can have 24k and a mage 20k on wow so it's unbalanced) here i made it different, but i still need to prove it with more people and see if it's balanced i think it will be a nice map :p (also remember there are people that doesn't play wow because of money or another thing)

Level 5
Yeah well maybe you are right but judging from my point of view I won't play it because I hate WoW itself but I understand that this does not applie to everyone.

I just wanted to point out that adding custom stuff would increase the numbers of people playing this map.

Level 2
//UPDATE\\: My last trigger partner had to stop helping because he was to busy on RL, i need a new trigger partner, if someone is interested PM me or post here please.

//UPDATE\\: I'm going to give a buff or pasive skill to each class, such as battle shout for arms warrior, move the frost shield to there and add a new skill to the mage, bone shield to unholy dk etc.

Level 2
Interesting Map, cant wait to play it.
Can i help out with anything?
Im paticularly good with Cinematics and triggering

well, i never thinked about cinematics, but i could be awesome to put some cinematics, also if u know about cameras, we could make a third person view, to look more like an MMORPG, and yes, i still need some help with the triggering, the feral druid bear-cat game crash is driving me crazy xD, PM your mail so we can talk about the map and i can show it to you :)

//UPDATE\\: Added Buffs to the classes, some are passive, as Anger Management of Warrior Arms, and Inner Fire of Discipline Priest. On the Future i will add screenshots.

Level 1
guneruh one simple suggestion. Trim the description in post#1 map a little. May get more attention. Those 2 paragraphs need shortening a bit. Or you can place them under headings. Color the headings if you like. Or you can make more paragraphs.
Such long paragraphs sometime scare off people. Try not to use this much long in post#1.

Level 2
i did your suggestion using more paragraphs, now it looks bigger xD i hope now everyone can read it better now.

Level 1
Yeah it looks bigger now so a solution. I wrote. You copy & paste.

>getting 10 flags of the enemy is goal
The max level of the heroes are lvl 40, they count with a primary skills (one skill wich comes when starting it normaly is a passive or a low mana cost skill) after lvling up they have 3 leveling skills that his max lvl is 10, at lvl 31 they can learn a semi-ultimate one that has 3 lvls, at lvl 40 they have an ultimate, i based on the wow so normaly the final one is like a talent finall like skill (for example for warrior arms will be the bladestorm and as semi-ultimate mortal strike).
>max level of the heroes are lvl 40
>Come with primary Skill
>3 Leveling skills too
>Can learn a semi-ultimate one at lvl31
>At lvl40 an ultimate skill too

The heroes also count with one undropable "weapon" that gives critical strike depending on what type of class is (caster, healer, dual handed unit, dagger unit, ranged, Two handed unit, shield unit and staff unit) the weapon also has an ability of that caracteristic weapon, for example the two handed sword has a 5% parry change and 10% to deal 130% damage. also this weapon has the racial of the race of that class, for example the arms warrior of the alliance is a human, so it has a passive skill called: perception, that allows him to see nearby invisible units. the tauren arms warrior has war stomp as racial.
UPDATE: Now the primary item also has a buff or a passive skill for each class, on other classes are repeated: hunters have all aspect of the viper, maybe on the future before the beta i change them so everyone has a unique skill.
>Hero has undroppable weapon in starting
>Weapon gives critical strike based on class of Hero
>An ability Characteristic to weapon too
>weapon has the racial of the race of that class

The pets, a normal pet has only 3 leveling skills with max lvl 5 each one, and a initial one, a beastmastery pet and an exotic pet (only playable with beastmastery hunter) have another 2 skills, Frenzy (the frenzy is different for each type of pet (cat, spider, Raptor, worm, chimaera, bear) and Bestial wrath (also is different for each type of pet) choosing one or another pet affects directly on the beastmastery hunter, a BM hunter with a cat will have a different "beast within" than a BM hunter with a spider.

The other type of class that also doesn't have the normal type of categories is the feral druid, a feral druid has 1 initial skill, 2 leveling skills, one semi-ultimate skill and no ultimates, but the feral druid has 2 morphs at lvl 40, the cat and bear forms, each one has different type of skills, so being a feral druid u can be 2 types of classes at the time.
The pets
>3 leveling skills with max lvl 5
>some have additional skills too
The Feral Druid
>1 initial skill
>2 levelling skills
>one semi-ultimate skill but no ultimate
>2 morphs at lvl 40

I think that it will make it short enough that people will read it. I think it is enough but you can add of course.
Remember that if post becomes too long & you want people to read it take out examples & make points as i have made.

Level 5
Yehey, another BG Map :) :) :)
Are you planning to put a save/load code?
-No, it doesnt save your level, or watever. A Save or Load code so that i will save your Deaths/Kills.

Level 5
Lol. Its not a bad idea :)
Theres this WoW WSG Map I played by Ruthless Reign and it has that type of save/load. The load code saves 3 things; Kills, Deaths, and Honor Points. Though, don't make the code too long.
Honestly, i found the game quite... ermm.. boring, because its a 5 on 5 with a map that's too big. But i cant stop playing it because i want to record my kills. Hahaha.

Level 2
well, my terrain partner is making a smaller map so u should not walk too much :), and the heroes i think they are very funny ( i know it's my map, but they sure are :p)

Level 2
//UPDATE\\: New Changes done, Protection Paladin and Warrior bases some of its skills on both agility and strenght, i will nerf them the base defense to balance it with items.
//UPDATE\\: I have a new Skilled Triggerer narutowithkunaii narutowithkunaii from Hiveworkshop.
//UPDATE\\: Changed druid 2 ultimates, now it has only bear form at 40, but when hes on bear he can change directly to cat, and vice versa.
//UPDATE\\: Narutowithkunaii is working on the AoE skills, so they can be also Stat based skills.
//UPDATE\\: New skill brought for World of Warcraft 3.1 Ulduar patch! Black Arrow (Survival Hunter)
//UPDATE\\: Soon new screenshots with class buffs, and the new version of the paladin seal of command

Level 2
I hope so :), the terrain is being redone, the triggers are almost done, i think the longest part will be the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.