• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Why do you get up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This has been bugging me lately, because to me, there's no reason to get up.
I don't believe in god, or any other deity, and saying "because I have to" isn't good enough for me any more, so I thought I'd ask here.

Why do you get up in the morning?

And I don't mean on a level such as "because I have to go to school" or something like that. Guess I asked for it now though. :(

Level 45
Because everyday for me is a new adventure, it is also fuel for my dreams (both terms) and aspirations.
I make most of the conscious reality because it is so beautiful and never linear, it changes how i think, what i dream about and what I become.....It gives me the ability to absorb tangible and clear experiences.
The physical world is filled with strong and unique sensations that feels so real........

Granted, i love dreaming too and wish i could sleep in alot more! harrr! :D

Level 35
If I didn't get up in the morning, I would miss the new day, and the chance to spend it with the one(s) you find joy in, and to share in the bounty of experiences. I couldn't possibly abandon the opportunity...it would be unforgivable to waste the dawn.

Level 6
Seems like we share the same problem CombatTheWombat. Though I don't really have anyone depending on me or who need me.

Level 19
When I'm depressed I don't think why should I get up I think why should I do things I don't want to. This happens easily if you don't have a social life meaning good friends. I have some friends but they live too far for me to meet them more often.

Level 19
I really don't enjoy my current life.
I hate it.
But it's worth it for me to work and try to affect the lives of others, also dicking around on the forums is quite fun :)

But really... I work so hard... but I can't achieve the goals I would see as 'glorious' or 'dignifying'. I'm a failure when it comes to my lifestyle, I was a good football player, a fair student, but not a great person. I envied guys who could get the hottest girls at the expense of everything, so I became one of them.

Level 9
i have 1 main reason to get up in school though totally improves my self confidence lots smarter than all the others or else they are idiots lulz..
else the other reason is that i have a job but that is only Saturday's so..
do i have other reasons oh ye to always get better than others its a pain in the ass if any of my friends are better than me o some stuff that i like fx warcraft gaming lol well doesnt really matter that much
and who should bring me my coke no not drugs lol..

Level 6
I Get up because of my own quote

"We do not fear we are only afraid, afraid of the things that we believe can hurt or harm us. This is why some people live and some people die, why some people prosper and why other people don't, and why some peoples names are remembered, and why some are not. If only people would put there minds to the fact that life is meant to be lived. It is not meant to be the fear of not living." -BlinkforFear

I try not to fear doing anything, cause if i do my life is wasted, so i go by my own quote... it tends to keep my life going not always smoothly but it works

No, I think his problem is he's a mormon. I repeat . . . --

Fuck you you stupid racist asshole. That's exactly the kind of shit that ISN'T allowed on these forums. You don't know shit about me or my religion and the fact that you would make a comment like that when you don't know anything shows me how much of a dumb-fuck you are in general. Grow the hell up and stop spewing verbal garbage when you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. For once this is the kind of thing that actually NEEDS moderator attention and no one has even mentioned hawk's extreme unfounded prejudice.

Level 24
Fuck you you stupid racist asshole. That's exactly the kind of shit that ISN'T allowed on these forums. You don't know shit about me or my religion and the fact that you would make a comment like that when you don't know anything shows me how much of a dumb-fuck you are in general. Grow the hell up and stop spewing verbal garbage when you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. For once this is the kind of thing that actually NEEDS moderator attention and no one has even mentioned hawk's extreme unfounded prejudice.

Flaming is also against the rules! :D

Level 13
I don't realise that I have woken up untill I've had my morning coffee, and by that time I'm already showered and dressed up so... it's a little too late to complain.

Level 6
how bout you both calm down, go get a lollipop, and take your conversation elsewhere cause now this thread is off topic...

yes we all know he insulted you but, thats life dude so just chill out and private message him or somthin...

Level 12
that very easy to answer: becouse you will get bored, thats why everybody gets up

The bigger question is "why have I to tidy up my bed when I will go sleep cca. 16 hours later"

Becouse my mom said I have to. But I still want any logical answer.

Level 2
Because I just wake up. Usually even before my alarm clock. Its sometimes frustrating, but most of the time isnt becose I wake up just for not being sleepy anymore.

Level 34
.....Did you really just say that? He insulted the entire way I live my life when he has absolutely no idea who I am and the way I live my life and obviously is a totally ignorant asshole when it comes to religion.
You're on the internet, you should expect that kind of stuff.
Just report the post, and leave it to us. PM him if you feel compelled to do so.
Don't bait the trolls with flame. They love it.

Because our instincts drive us to, so as to increase chances of reproduction.

Same reason we do anything. Our genes are trying to replicate.
Such a sad outlook on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.