1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What Jobs can you get as a 14 year old?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTO3579, May 16, 2012.

1. GTO3579

GTO3579

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I'm 14 years old, going to High School after this summer. I very need to get a job because my parents doesn't let me use the money they give to me, it sucks. They said if I get the money from working at job or something, they don't care what I use it on. So yeah, I deeply need to get a job.
    I did some research online but couldn't really find like useful information. I was wondering if anyone of you here works as a 14, 15 year old. If some of you do, please tell me what kind of job you are working, how much do they pay you. Thanks.

2. Joe-black-5

Joe-black-5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are 14-15, you wait for summer then you go to a supermarket and work as a bag boy

3. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or if you go into Joe-black-5's supermarket, you can get even higher position, because you are from Hive. :cgrin:
    But seriosly, I never heard that anyone who is as 14 years old can even work legally, you can work when you are 16 in coffee bars or such.

4. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    When I was 14, I made $1600 a month working at a Publishing house :p
    (Joe, you jelly? ;D)

It all depends on your background (And how many connections you have ;D)

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No real jobs are available because of minor working laws. You can however work part time delivering newspapers and things like that.

At 16 you can be employed in super markets and most low level adult jobs but again with a lower wage than if you were 18 (same job for less).

It is by far the most constructive use of time to study now and work later. Every hour you work now will earn you far less than an hour you work at 18.

6. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are 14. You don't need a job, just an education. Wait until 16-18 then get going for one.

7. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2

Resources:
    Resources:
    let's see here, you can go around people's homes and ask them if they require their lawn's being mowed, or if your like me and are in some kind of Co-op program with a technical college, (15 years old at least) then they would allow you a summer program making about $5,000 in 6 weeks

8. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As nobody said this yet I guess I'll have to.

Steve.

9. Instant Ramen

Instant Ramen

Resources:
    Resources:
    But you can learn skills by working.

See above.

10. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty sure you messed up a decimal or two.

~ $800 for a weekly salary at 15 is pretty juicy, like freshly pressed and dished up by your orchard butler juicy.

11. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Infantile Hooker in a 3rd world country.
    I heard that some tourists usually pays US$500,00 a hour in some places in Central America.

JK
    This.

12. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    So they give you money, but on the other hand they won't let you spend it anywhere?
    What kind of parents you have? :vw_wtf:

13. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kids, have I ever told you about the psi-magic that manifests itself in a savings account?

Turns out the sum you deposit will magically increase from something called interest, and in the meantime you won't spend it all on some two-speed rubbish scooter replica that you'll use for 2 months before realizing you actually hate getting bugs stuck in your teeth...

Or drugs.

Don't do drugs kids.

14. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    In Australia where i live all you need to be is 13 and 3/4 years old to get a job. You could actualy be a trolly boy, or for me I could off done recycle sorting although sport got in the way of that (had to and am 15 to do that aswell). You might also be able to work at a McDonalds restaurant. I am sure there are plenty of other possible jobs out there. No means for advertisement.

15. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've set some time aside for you in my calendar to reevaluate that recommendation given that you might be high on fryer steam.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't waste those precious years of freedom! Listen to me while you still can! Spend your summers frolicking through the fields of lavender, because after high school, only the homeless get summers off. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts, soon enough you'll be enslaved too.

17. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This summer, I'm going to be working as an Editor in a Publishing House. (Fixing and cleaning books using software like Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5)
    My salary would depend on my efficiency. At the very least, I would be making $250 a week, and my maximum is about $500 a week, so I'd effectively make $1500 a month :p

In the mean time, I'm also going to write my own programs to do some of the cleaning automatically ^^
    (I even thought of a brilliant algorithm to do Auto-cropping and trimming correctly :D)

18. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Im just jaleous you'll earn more a month than I probably ever will. :goblin_cry:

19. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I fear that I'll probably be earning more now than I will when I'm 22 or so. :pcry:

20. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So this company is only looking for 15 year old boys to give tons of money to?