• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ways to earn money or an online job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Sorry if this isnt the correct place to do this.

Hi, ask you can see in my profile page, im from Venezuela, idk if you know something about it but we are currently having a pretty bad moment, most of the ppl have left, ppl who still here is... or very "rich" or too poor to leave the country.

Im a guy who was "playing" a game called OldSchool Runescape to make money, playing it to make ingame money to sell it for real world money, after 5 years me n most of the ppl ik has been constantly banned for doing it, at this point i dont even want see my PC screen cuz my brain is entirely tired of this game.

And you may be wondering something, why i dont get a real job? Well... reals jobs here are very very hard to get and if you get one its salary is ultra poor, its not even enough to eat well, now imagine if you want to buy some new cloth or improve your house, you cant.

Ok why im doing this thread? Im here to ask you guys if any of you knows about ANY KIND of job that i can do from here, but i can do Coding (cuz i dont have time/money to learn it) or call center stuff cuz im not so good when listening/hearing english.

I met a guy in the past who was working in a company that in simple words records all families members from 1800, i mean, it can tell you who were you ancestors, he told me most of their files were wrote in real life paper and they were in the need to digitalize them, he told me he could send me lots of pics n then i have to write them into a software.

In a place like this where houses prices are between 1000-5000$, cars 500-3000$ or starting a business can costs 500-10,000$, an american/european salary (20-30$/h) means you are rich here. Anyways, a salary over 2$/h is still good.

Please help me to find a job. Thanks

Last edited:
Level 14
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the fallout of the centrally-planned nightmare of Venezuela, which you took no part in constructing. The utopian promise of big government is a lie as old as civilization.

Are you sure you cannot learn to do basic scripting? Languages like Python for analytics (Pandas, PySpark, etc.) are in extremely high demand right now, and are not hard to learn.

Alternatively, have you looked for international customer support jobs? Customer support via chat has become very popular, and American/European companies are always looking for agents abroad. There might even be some options for South American firms. Indeed Worldwide

Level 4
As the old saying goes, do not give fish to the man, instead teach him to fish, so I can't suggest you a specific position that's open in this moment, but you could try to find a job in the USA (from a distance, of course). I say the USA because the labor market there is probably the largest in the world, so finding a job that fits your skills should not be that hard.

I imagine you don't know anything about employment in the USA, but on bizop.org you can learn more.

You should analyze daily the platforms for job searches in the US, such as LinkedIn and Indeed. Create your profile, write a description with your skills and scroll through the available jobs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.