• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Accepting any home work possible you can give me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sorry for posting this here but im from Venezuela and im literally dying of inhanition, real jobs salaries are trash n even are ultra hard to get, with a salary of 30$/week i can survive here, please help

Last edited:
okay I think I got one, and I just thought of this and it's only one week's work, but I could probably send you a $30 amazon gift card or something if this works out, here's my challenge for this week:

some dude on the internet was asking me to use the PKBlaster - Reforged PKB Color Swapper program that I wrote for swapping the color of Reforged PKB files, but he wants this program to be retrofit to run on the Diablo 2 Resurrected art files.

this video is an example of showing it might be physically possible, basically to make the fireball to a different color in the Diablo 2 Resurrected game. The code for how to do this is stored in the project file at this URL: GitHub - Retera/PKBlaster at resurrect
But then to run the code, I usually run it from the Eclipse IDE program that is free online

So basically if we run the code we get a GUI. And, if we use the special branch of the PKBlaster from here then that special version can open the Diablo 2 Resurrected particle files sometimes. But if we use the "Colorize" option on the program and we click the blue color and choose the Fire Bolt skill of the diablo 2 resurrected, most of the fire does not change color and does not look like in the sample video above. But, somewhere in that Fire Bolt art file, the color of the light is stored to make the light on the ground be ORANGE instead of CYAN BLUE like in the video.

To make the video, I was digging in the binaries and I accidentally found the numbers and I changed the numbers at 3 am but then I forget where they are. That's not a good solution for the guy asking me about this problem. He wants to use the "Colorize" tool of the PKBlaster program and have it change the color of the light on the ground, also.

So, if you are able to:
  • Change the "Colorize" function of the code of the PKBlaster so that now it changes light color on most Diablo 2 Resurrected PKB files
  • Also add a "Scale" new function to the PKBlaster where the user can type in X scale, Y scale, and Z scale and have this apply to the Diablo 2 Resurrected format PKB file to change its scale from inside the PKB
Then if you can figure out how to update the PKBlaster program with both of those changes above, and make that automated like magic so I can just give it to the guy who asked me about it, then I would happily send you $30 amazon gift card or something like that as long as it doesn't expose my personal real life name to you, etc.

To be honest, this is really hard modding. I don't think you can do that. I don't want to do that even if I might be able to figure it out. It will take me too long. I changed 1 file to make the Fire Bolt light blue in that video. That took too long as it was, and now this guy wants a solution to be able to do that for all the particles files in general. The PKB format is not easy for modding!

But I thought I would ask in case you figure it out for the task for one of your weeks. Also, since I replied, that might get more attention to your post and bump it. Maybe that helps you a little.

Also, as another note about my task above, I don't feel like dealing with it so don't ask me for a lot more info than this because I'm busy and will probably forget to reply. That's the point of why it's worth money to me in order that I would not do it myself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lighting in Diablo II Resurrected might not be conventional. Unless they changed the mechanics significantly, lighting used calculations similar to how line of sight operates in RTS games rather than 3D point sources and shaders. It is possible it might be defined as a data property of the projectile, or even hard-coded into the executable. The resurrected graphics likely use the output of the classic light calculations as input for shaders to achieve the modern shiny visuals. The blue glow seen above could easily be the same blue glow that is assigned to cold related projectiles, which again would point towards it being possibly hard coded or at least defined in a data file somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.